Nationals parks hit with near billion baht shortfall compared to 2020 - foreigner visits fall nearly 3 million

webfact

4 hours ago, itsari said:

Australia is not main stream west anymore . They have dreamed up draconian laws that have contravened human rights in refugee status  , and  pension rights .

Many are ripped of to use the Australians lingo on there pension's .

They have a beautiful set of laws that cancel many out of receiving any money for there years working in Australia after they have left the country .

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I stopped going to National parks many many years ago, I objected to the ridiculous price for entry, if you did go in it was lacking facilities like toilets, it was dirty, it was just uncared for.

Why spend money going to what was basically a C***hole.

I am not one of those guys who "will never go again". If somebody wants to drive I will go to Doi Inthanon every couple years. I dont care about the money it is the open bigotry that amazes me even now with dual pricing at hospitals ruled "good for the Nation" on judicial authority. Health care and certain transport mafia cannot be avoided. Low value National parks can be. Dusty parking lots filled with feral dogs and the stinking <deleted>, dirty toilets, low quality vendors selling food swarming with black flies.

A national disgrace largely I'd reckon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I stopped going to National parks many many years ago, I objected to the ridiculous price for entry, if you did go in it was lacking facilities like toilets, it was dirty, it was just uncared for.

Why spend money going to what was basically a C***hole.

The trees keep on growing, the wildlife tries to be left alone, the seas go up and down.  What do the National Parks do that could make them lose money?

Some fences, parking, dodgy toilets and places to collect money that no-one is coming to.

Think some greedy people expected one billion baht and they won't be getting it.  So sad!

• Like 2

Its not only the National Parks , that once were maybe very beautiful, but now are just tired, jaded, and frankly boring.

Also some of the other " attractions " are charging many times the Thai price to Farang visitors.

I experienced this at the Bang Saen Aquarium, withiin te Burapha Uni Campus.

If memory serves me it was something like 40 Baht for Thai, and 350 Baht for Farang

A place never to be revisited.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:56 AM, tonray said:

555....maybe they can increase the foreigner surcharge to make up the difference

Already being discussed and with the millions of tourists currently beating at the doors begging to get into thailand, the short-fall will be  sorted within a few weeks ????

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Thailand National Parks have a shortfall in revenue.

How interesting, Not

I found it very interesting that the top brains in Thailand have discovered a lengthy period of absolutely no tourists resulted in a shortfall of revenue - now that is a really interesting outcome and should be recognised as such. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I found it very interesting that the top brains in Thailand have discovered a lengthy period of absolutely no tourists resulted in a shortfall of revenue - now that is a really interesting outcome and should be recognised as such. 

Well after being in Thailand for over 20 years, This sort of government Brain Farting 

is just the norm to me, so not interesting at all.

Time for another cup of coffee. :coffee1:

Edited by Orinoco

6 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Well after being in Thailand for over 20 years, This sort of government Brain Farting 

is just the norm to me, so not interesting at all.

Time for another cup of coffee. :coffee1:

Same here, but can't you raise a small smile for the stupidity in (trying to) understand the absolute obvious. 

On 11/16/2021 at 5:42 AM, Neeranam said:

No, 'farang' means white person. Some Thai are farang. 

Thais also call each other "farang kee nok", if they act like a Westerner.

If they act like a bogun westerner. Get it right. Look, we all know you’ve gone tropo, but you don’t need to repetitively diss your own to keep your allegiance to Thailand. And lest you forget, you could be there for 80 years, have the etiquette of a saint and speak the most flawless Thai, own a company employing 1000 Thais and boast a huge Thai family and yet you are still a tourist when it comes down to it Neeranam with very little say. You also know darn well the foreigner charge is spurious; no amount of protestation of how western nations operate will dilute that. The Thai price is not a discount. It is all supposedly based on generalised income of western folk but is still bs. 

On Farang, it is made up and likely an abomination of ‘francais’ when locals overheard the first froggies. But yes, very loosely white people now stretched to non-Asian. 

• Like 1