Two year old boy suffers electric shock from ATM

webfact

9.jpg

Sanook Thai caption: Deadly dangerous

Sanook reported that a mother of a two year old boy said on Facebook that her son suffered an electric shock from an ATM machine.

She put on an arrow where the boy had touched the machine. 

He was knocked unconscious though he was later revived after receiving medical help. 

The mother called it a nightmare. Though relieved that he had been brought round, not knowing if there would be permanent damage to her son remains a serious concern. 

She warned others and called for an investigation.

The incident happened at an ATM in the Talad Noi market at Mahasarakham University in the north east of Thailand. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-16

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

And that is what you get, when metal cased devices arent properly grounded and even dont have a rcbo.

I would sue the bank from which the ATM is, the shop where it is, manufacturer of ATM, company who installed ATM and government from neglecting inspections.

IT is not the first known case of electrocution with an installed public device.

Just opened Sanook and see even 2 more sad stories about electrocuted people.

One story, mother electrocuted, leaving 2 kids. Another story father electrocuted, leaving mother (was also electrocuted, but survived) and kids.

Again you cant mess around with electricity. It takes milli seconds and you can end up dead  

Really they should have education in schools, once a month, every time repeating, what electricity is.

Young learned, is when older known. YOU CANT MESS WITH ELECTRICITY.  

Was the boy bare foot?  Pretty common here.  My father-in-law died (damp feet having just dried off from showering) when he touched the control box for an outdoor lighting system.  Whoever had newly installed it had not provided any grounding.  When I bought my house I went to every electrical outlet and tested them.  Although grounded, every outlet tested as incorrectly wired.  Contractor corrected the next day.   

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

Was the boy bare foot?  Pretty common here.  My father-in-law died (damp feet having just dried off from showering) when he touched the control box for an outdoor lighting system.  Whoever had newly installed it had not provided any grounding.  When I bought my house I went to every electrical outlet and tested them.  Although grounded, every outlet tested as incorrectly wired.  Contractor corrected the next day.   

Im a huge fan of RCBO's. At least one in main or otherwise every group has its own RCBO.

As those work even if socket isnt grounded. They shouldnt sell breakers anymore without a RCBO.!

2 years ago taking my dog for a walk along Sukhamvit main road,

the old dog peed on a post holding a traffic sign, there was a loud

bang and a cloud of steam coming from the post. the dog and I

looked at it in disbelief.  Thais don't seem at all concerned by electrics

as long as the bulb is working.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, talahtnut said:

2 years ago taking my dog for a walk along Sukhamvit main road,

the old dog peed on a post holding a traffic sign, there was a loud

bang and a cloud of steam coming from the post. the dog and I

looked at it in disbelief.  Thais don't seem at all concerned by electrics

as long as the bulb is working.

Very true, unfortunately, with many electricians here the light is on, but there is nobody home.

• Haha 1