Can an Extended-OA Visa holder apply for a covid-19 stay until January 26th?

It would be valid for 60 days from the date you apply or the date your current extension expires, depending on which rule the immigration office applies.

I see no reason why you couldn't apply with a current valid permit to stay based on an OA visa.

OP, how long till end of current permission of stay. 

The 60 day covid extension starts from date current POS ends. 

It's possible that the immigration office will not be happy to issue covid extension as you had option to obtain extension based on retirement.

Edited by DrJack54

59 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

A friend who holds an OA has actually been advised by Udon Thani immigration to use 2 such 60 day Covid19 extensions to take him through until March when he plans to return to the UK.

Nice of them.

They are tipping that current covid extensions ending Nov 27 will be extended. Which it will.

Also assisting with option of not obtaining and extension based on retirement but obtaining 2 covid extensions.

Maybe not all immigration offices would be that flexible.

Personally I would obtain the extension by having the money in bank and once granted use the 800k as you like, given that plan to leave Thailand within next 12 months. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Personally I would obtain the extension by having the money in bank and once granted use the 800k as you like, given that plan to leave Thailand within next 12 months. 

Me too but too late for him now not having had it in a Thai bank for 2 months