Army trucks and men on standby in case truckers go on strike in Bangkok

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY9LOVR8QGoCG4tKwdTxLRFWVApZzRu26UnZcr.jpg

The Royal Thai Army’s (RTA) First Division of the Royal Guards has put a fleet of 34 trucks and drivers on standby to help with cargo transport, in case truck drivers stage a strike to put pressure on the government to cap the diesel price at 25-baht/litre.

The idea of using army trucks as a temporary measure to ease any hardships caused by a stoppage of truck delivery services, as threatened by the Land Transport Federation of Thailand, was initiated by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha during the cabinet’s mobile meeting in the southern province of Krabi earlier this week.

The government has been resisting the truckers’ demands to cap diesel prices, claiming that it has been using a substantial amount of money to keep the price at 30 baht/litre, which is lower than the actual market price, currently around 34 baht.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/army-trucks-and-men-on-standby-in-case-truckers-go-on-strike-in-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Army’s (RTA) First Division of the Royal Guards has put a fleet of 34 trucks and drivers on standby to help with cargo transport, in case truck drivers stage a strike to put pressure on the government to cap the diesel price at 25-baht/litre.

I wonder what the fuel cost is for the army?

Just wondering as you do.

33 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That's what i don't understand about the strike. Unless he is a owner/driver then his employer will pay for the fuel increase.

Just speculation from me, but when looking at all the modifications, decorations, etc. on many trucks, I would assume that most trucks are actually owned by the drivers and they aren't employees.

I don't understand though why the drivers don't just demand more money from the companies that employ them, instead of hoping for government handouts. If all the drivers would demand 10% more or whatever, there is nothing that the companies can do, but pay.

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Our lord and savior ..

Krabi seems to have made quite an impression on the ole guy, must have been the sea breeze.

Nah! He's been a different man ever since he stood next to Boris at COP 26.

• Haha 1