Leader of Pro-Ivermectin Group Got Covid

placeholder

12 minutes ago, sungod said:

If i had contracted covid and didn't feel sick, then I would not be sick in my mind. I would however self isolate. Hows that?

Why would you self isolate?

If you don’t feel sick you almost certainly won’t test for COVID and if you din’t feel sick how would you know you are infected?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you don’t feel sick you almost certainly won’t test for COVID and if you din’t feel sick how would you know you are infected?

And therein lies the catch 22.  If the vaccines lower the chances of being symptomatic if infected, then the vaccinated might very well be the potential “super-spreaders”.  Because, as you say…

”If you don’t feel sick you almost certainly won’t test for COVID and if you din’t (sic) feel sick how would you know you are infected?”

Fully vaccinated people are almost twice as likely to have no symptoms than unvaccinated people if they catch COVID-19, a study suggests

https://www.businessinsider.com/fully-vaccinated-two-doses-vaccine-asymptomatic-unvaccinated-covid-zoe-study-2021-9

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Cause I stated if i contracted covid, read the post properly please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Airalee said:

And therein lies the catch 22.  If the vaccines lower the chances of being symptomatic if infected, then the vaccinated might very well be the potential “super-spreaders”.  Because, as you say…

”If you don’t feel sick you almost certainly won’t test for COVID and if you din’t (sic) feel sick how would you know you are infected?”

Fully vaccinated people are almost twice as likely to have no symptoms than unvaccinated people if they catch COVID-19, a study suggests

https://www.businessinsider.com/fully-vaccinated-two-doses-vaccine-asymptomatic-unvaccinated-covid-zoe-study-2021-9

Your "gotcha" forgot that most vaxed individuals also mask up in Thailand. This is most definitely not the USA (where your "Business Insider" is referring to). Mask usage in SE Asia is almost ubiquitous... not so much in the USA.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So you DO understand that you would have been "sick". 

I think the term u r looking for is "asymptomatic", not "sick".

I once had penile warts, apparently they are caused by a virus. Felt right  as rain, didn't consider myself sick.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

He is asking how you would know you contracted covid if you were asymptomatic. Duh.

How about track and trace, informed / found out I had been to somewhere where there was a cluster and subsequently tested myself as a precaution and I was positive but felt fine.

Not very bright are you?  Duh........

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sungod said:

How about track and trace, informed / found out I had been to somewhere where there was a cluster and subsequently tested myself as a precaution and I was positive but felt fine.

Ah, I see now.

Although you do not believe that covid or genital warts qualify you as sick, you are constantly monitoring covid track n trace data and would rush off to get tested the moment you received notice that you were anywhere near an infected individual.

Well that is totally believable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

I read the report the poster supplied, just says he contracted covid. Didn't say he was sick. But if you say he was and it makes you happy, I'll believe you.

Yes, the report says he was sick. He got Covid-19. That's a disease. Covid 19 is not same as the virus and it's not the same as being asymptomatic..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Ah, I see now.

Although you do not believe that covid or genital warts qualify you as sick, you are constantly monitoring covid track n trace data and would rush off to get tested the moment you received notice that you were anywhere near an infected individual.

Well that is totally believable.

Well actually you are half right, no I wouldnt.

I was just replying to the question on how would one know, I gave an example.

20 minutes ago, sungod said:

Really you had no symptoms of genital warts but you went and got tested for them?  Did you travel to the future to get this done?

There is no routine test for genital warts. If you can see lumps that you think may be warts, then you can upload photos of the affected area to have this diagnosis confirmed by one of our clinicians. You could also visit a sexual health clinic or your GP.

https://sh24.org.uk/sexual-health/stis/genital-warts#:~:text=There is no routine test,health clinic or your GP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really you had no symptoms of genital warts but you went and got tested for them?  Did you travel to the future to get this done?

There is no routine test for genital warts. If you can see lumps that you think may be warts, then you can upload photos of the affected area to have this diagnosis confirmed by one of our clinicians. You could also visit a sexual health clinic or your GP.

https://sh24.org.uk/sexual-health/stis/genital-warts#:~:text=There is no routine test,health clinic or your GP.

What thread you on?

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

What thread you on?

I was commenting on this

image.png.d8d229f06c7f7259139ecc890000a0db.png

Does that look familiar? Can you tell us more about the diagnostic test for genital warts you took? You know, the test that currently doesn't exist. Was it the year 2030? And while you're at it, got any good stock tips from the future to share with us?

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sungod said:

If you stop asking me questions............... I wont have to answer. I believe it was you picking the fight. Please place me on ignore.

I have never blocked anyone on any social media platform. Where's the fun in that?

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 8:35 PM, placeholder said:

Anyway, I'm sure now that once Ivermectin believers check out the veracity of this report, they will at least question their faith in it and the competence of Pierre Kory, MD.

I'm pretty sure that their faith will be unshaken.  It will be like one of those doomsday cults who predicts that the world will end on some date and when it comes and goes they make up some excuse about how they made a minor error. 

The pandemic has revealed so much about humanity.  I knew we had a lot of issues but I never thought it was this bad.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There was a psychologist whose name escapes who became famous after studying a group whose leader said the end of the world would come on a certain date. When it didn't, and contrary to expectations, his followers' faith actually strengthened. I think the psychologist in question was Leon Festinger but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I believe it is related to sunk cost fallacy...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

There was a psychologist whose name escapes who became famous after studying a group whose leader said the end of the world would come on a certain date. When it didn't, and contrary to expectations, his followers' faith actually strengthened. I think the psychologist in question was Leon Festinger but I'm too lazy to look it up.

It was Leon Festinger and it was from this experience that he coined the term "cognitive dissonance". Basically, when believers are forced to choose between their beliefs and reality, the beliefs usually win out. Of course the term has a far wider range than that.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sungod said:

No that's ok, but if do do want to join in, please try to stay on topic, there's a good chap! ????

Are you now running this thread personally and generously "allowing" me to participate, provided that I stay on topic?

I post on whatever topics I wish and how I wish. If there is a problem with my posts I am sure that the moderators are more than capable of sorting it out without your "help".

On 11/18/2021 at 8:27 AM, Scott said:

Troll post removed. 

Dr. Kory, like most people, has the right to privacy about his medical condition, he has confirmed that he has Covid and that's all we know.   It's interesting that it has been repeatedly shown to be of no therapeutic value in treating Covid.  The main study that showed it did was found to have been less than truthful in their data.  

It's interesting that he joins two other high profile Ivermectin cheerleaders, Joe Rogan and Aaron Rodgers, both of whom also caught Covid.  

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02081-w

Here's another person who took Ivermectin and died of Covid:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-woman-dies-suing-hospital-135438558.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s amazing to see how ignorant supposedly educated adults become when operating in a pack mentality.

”How would you know you had covid if you were symptomatic?” - Seriously now? By members of this very forum who can see all the news posted about Thailand, traveling and the pandemic? 

And this followed by the puerile “This is very believable!” when one of many uncontroversial real life possibilities is offered.

How about you take a test because you are required to get on a plane (in Thailand).

How about you take multiple ongoing tests as parents of many international schools (here in Thailand).

How about when requested to by an employer? An insurer? A hospital?

Or, low and behold, how about the bizarre notion that people take a very cheap ATK test out of caution either after a large gathering or before seeing an elderly loved one.

Apart from Sungod, did all your collective common sense depart you when you were all piling on and engaging in bait-and-switch. It’s pathetic.

18 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yes like the cognitive dissonance of still calling ivermectin “horse dewormer” irrespective of the evidence presented that accused individuals took MD-prescribed medicine. (And this was just yesterday)

It’s one your annoyances right? Infantile attempts to have a cheap shot with the horse reference. But you’ll let it fly right - when the poster’s on the Home Team having a laugh together

You've got me confused with someone else. I have consistently praised ivermectin for it's powerful efficacy against parasitic infestations in humans and have also corrected people who call it a "horse dewormer" Here for instance (in my haste I omitted writing "said" after "That" in the 2nd sentence.

You also seem very confused about the meaning of "cognitive dissonance". Here's a definition for you:

"Cognitive dissonance is a theory in social psychology. It refers to the mental conflict that occurs when a person’s behaviors and beliefs do not align.

It may also happen when a person holds two beliefs that contradict one another."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326738

That said, I think we did see cognitive dissonance in action right in this thread. On the one hand, Pierre Kory came down with Covid 19. On the other he said"

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 4:18 AM, 300sd said:

...Doesn't he own part of Pfizer?...

Also I own part of Pfizer. 100 shares, in fact. Bought them eons ago (1970s) and forgot about them. Got booked for my Covernaty booster shot next week, in Italy, without having to play the line "Do you know who I am?"