Incentives being considered to entice remaining 11m Thais to get vaccinated

snoop1130

5 hours ago, hioctane said:

It’s available for everyone over 12 currently.

Apparently not to me ... I registered for a vax , was offered sinovac , but refused that <deleted> . Since then , no news ...

But I am living in a remote location ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

Apparently not to me ... I registered for a vax , was offered sinovac , but refused that <deleted> . Since then , no news ...

But I am living in a remote location ...

So a vaccine was available to you, thanks for confirmation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

By the way, today I got my THIRD Pfizer. FREE of charge. This is the difference between a 1st world country and 3rd world country.

Now why would you need a Third Pfizer jab unless you were vaccinated with Pfizer 6 months or so ago elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

No. But the Thai don't pay taxes ? And still have to pay for a jab.

Nope. Wife and whole family double jabbed for free and myself double jabbed with free Pfitzer. 

Its only Modern some people are choosing to pay for.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 10baht said:

I think it is more like 24 or 25 million who have not even had 1 shot.  https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations . Why are they not telling the truth when fact checking is so easy. It just make one not believe ANYTHING they say.

I think the discrepancy in these numbers are children under 12, who don't get vaccinated yet.

Somtam, Lakorn, Doughnuts and, if nothing works, invoke a new law as the boys at the parliament have been spinning out ever since 2014. So many laws to curtail Thais, lets go for the law Sipgao (19); non-vaccinated being thrown into the slammer for 50 years or fined 500 Baht - or both! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think the discrepancy in these numbers are children under 12, who don't get vaccinated yet.

Good point, but are you telling me , take the numbers of Singapore, only 7% of their population is under 12 and 100% of the rest of the population is vaccinated?

14 hours ago, johng said:

There will be plenty of "donuts" on here claiming it's not coercion but the best thing for humanity since the invention of sliced bread ! ????

And plenty of 'holes' stomping their feet and protesting 'rights,' like a child who didn't get  a lollipop!

• Like 2

Just now, stereolab said:

Place their names on a list, when they acquire Covid, simply advise that they will not benefit from

free health-care, but must pay all private charges. Our local hospital is working 6 days a week giving vaccines, I as a Farang received my 2 doses locally, and free of charge. There is no excuse for not being vaccinated.

The situation is different in different places. My wife and kid travelled to another province to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

There are still many areas of Isaan that have not seen any vaccines but They can give the third shot boosters to people around Bangkok and now they are threatening those who have not had their first shot with isolation. There are many dictators here on this forum that say you can just take any vaccine without these dictators having any medical or scientific knowledge. To these dictators I will ask what people should not get an Astra-Zenica vaccine injection?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As an anti-vaxxer, you are aware that the unvaccinated may infect the vaccinated, although such infections are rare. So, it would be reasonable to protect oneself against an unvaccinated family member.

Likewise it is highly possible for a fully vaxed person to carry and pass the Virus to an unvaxed sole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

There are many dictators here on this forum that say you can just take any vaccine without these dictators having any medical or scientific knowledge.

People on here believe scientists, who have such knowledge, that these vaccines are safe.

Are you saying they are not safe to use? In this case you should contact the Thai FDA, and probably also the FDA in other countries and the WHO and present your evidence to them, so they will ban these unsafe vaccines asap.

1 minute ago, Almer said:

Likewise it is highly possible for a fully vaxed person to carry and pass the Virus to an unvaxed sole.

It's possible, yes, but the chance is lower compared to an unvaccinated person.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There are still many areas of Isaan that have not seen any vaccines but They can give the third shot boosters to people around Bangkok and now they are threatening those who have not had their first shot with isolation. There are many dictators here on this forum that say you can just take any vaccine without these dictators having any medical or scientific knowledge. To these dictators I will ask what people should not get an Astra-Zenica vaccine injection?

I’m interested no more than that to know where in Issan are people still waiting for there first shot of anything?