Musicians plea to reopen nightlife falls on deaf ears

webfact

18 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

The hookers must not return....no beer and closed bars with people squatting..! 

However.....should the US aircraft carrier decided to stop over for an R&R stop over for 2 weeks, with 3000+ personnel...would it all stay shut?

Not the girls... that's for sure.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Well they know how to vote next time around.

I don't think anyone voted for him last time around but the <deleted> is still here ???? And the word is not twit ????????

And yes hotchilli, I know you know, that was for the latecomers to the forum ????????

That's the first time a simple word with an * has been deleted that I know of ????

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Haha 1

As a former professional musician (trumpeter) who has performed with the Temptations, OJ's, Four Tops, Johnny Mathis, Bob Hope, The Smothers Brothers and a whole bunch more...I dedicate this song by the great Ray Charles to Dear Leader NuttyButter: "Hit the road Jack, don't ya' come back no more, no more, hit the road Jack and don't ya' come back no more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Hell Yeah! Do not by any means open anything that makes people feel welcome. Just lie and say the country is open, and lure people into the country. After that you can isolate them in ASQ any let them pay top dollar, or just laugh and fine them 20k baht for not wearing a face mask.

I can not for my life understand how someone can be as stupid, as to travel for tourism to Thailand under the unhuman circumstances that´s in play. Thailand have to start showing that they are worthy of the tourists. Otherwise there are many upcoming and rising countries as good alternatives today.

In all fairness, many tourists would not go online to sites like this, they would just trust that the govt was being truthful. I don't think a farang govt would be this deceitful towards incoming tourists as to what they can/cannot do. My first trip here in '09 was full of excitement awaiting my holiday, I never thought to check a website about the realities here, not for a 10 day holiday

Edited by Dumbfounded
spelling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

In all fairness, many tourists would not go online to sites like this, they would just trust that the govt was being truthful. I don't think a farang govt would be this deceitful towards incoming tourists as to what they can/cannot do. My first trip here in '09 was full of excitement awaiting my holiday, I never thought to check a website about the realities here, not for a 10 day holiday

And you do not need to do that for a 10 day holiday now either. The only thing you need is common sense and knowledge about cultural values and differences. Something you must bring to all foreign countries as a visitor.

12 hours ago, eeworldwide said:

Well- any musician worth their salt in this country should now refuse to play at any private event that involves the government. In solidarity.

is there a Thai word for "solidarity" ? It is not the same as "Thainess"

Edited by bangon04

Has this unelected soldier posing as a PM got the right to play about with peoples livelihoods like this? 

This Cvirus is here to stay just like the normal flu, so this goon is probably prepared to keep the bars and clubs closed as long as he has PM after his name.

If there was never a pandemic in the first place, would he still be posing as a PM today? I very much doubt it.

12 hours ago, Dumbfounded said:

When I first came over here alone for two weeks, I had no idea about bars, or barfines, or even taking girls back to my hotel, all I knew was Thai girls were always looking for western husbands, and I was getting too old for younger western girls.

When I left my hotel for the first time, I was approached by this very beautiful girl, and did not even realise at the time that she was a prostitute, but I sure was not long in finding out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Another classic Asean Now headline that could be attributed to John Cleese - the headline tells the full story, no need to even read the following text.

Yeah, the site is a joke and just regurgitates stuff. Too lazy to even write anything under heading, let alone do any proper journalism.