Germany locks down unvaccinated people, as leaders plan to make shots compulsory

Jeffr2

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why is it so hard for some to understand the difference between absolute immunity and increased immunity? This is not an issue of all or nothing.

There seems to be a certain ' tolerance ' in defining the word immunity ...? I think becoming ' immune ' to something gives you a 100% protection .

If the immunity is not 100% then , for me , it should be mentioned as being a ' protection ' of a certain percentage ...

But many talk of , let's say , 80% ( or whatever ) Immunity ...

So , my definition of the word immunity is probably wrong ...?

Anyway , I'll stop to talk about that now .

It’s been coming and the time is now for mandatory vax by law. Analogy is Smoking. Even civilized advanced nations with educated rational populations, with full access to sufficient science, surprisingly all have this circa 20% adult hardcore rump of dangerous anti vaxxers who need to be dealt with by our elected reps. enacting democratic laws for best protection of all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

I don’t know where you get 90% from but that’s not true, maybe close to the total adult population ?
The problem the UK has, is that the youth are not bothering to getting vaccinated, plus school children remain unvaccinated and continue to spread the virus to both other children and their parents.

Here's the BBC link.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

I agree with you to the extent that the return to school was one major cause of the surge (as I said yesterday). The other is massive super-spreader events largely by the complacent vaxxed (after all nearly every adult in the UK is vaxxed ). I also posted one link to that data yesterday, which I haven't repeated here, but they are easy to find on google - there have been so many!

9 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I got it from the BBC in an article published 2 or 3 days ago. I posted the link here yesterday I think. Feel free to find it.

Its possible them are some towns/cities in the UK that are 90% vaccinated but its certainly not the case for the overall vaccination rate, much the same as Phuket and Bangkok have over 80% fully vaccinated yet some other provinces are less than 40%

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its possible them are some towns/cities in the UK that are 90% vaccinated but its certainly not the case for the overall vaccination rate, much the same as Phuket and Bangkok have over 80% fully vaccinated yet some other provinces are less than 40%

I've posted the BBC link twice. To the best of my knowledge the BBC is not part of a global covid conspiracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's suspected that wild card variants like Omicron, with many dozens of new changes to the virus' genetic sequence, often sprout from one single, immunocompromised host, who can't mount proper defenses against the virus, and thus incubates the virus as it replicates for months and months on end.  

Does that mean that people with a weak(ened) immune system are perfect ' breeding grounds ' for new virus variants ? Even if they are vaccinated ?

A single, immunocompromised host can serve as a ' factory ' for new variants that , by consequence , are able to infect non immunocompromised people  ?

That means , that it would be better to separate the weak or sick from the healthy as they represent a potential danger to society ?

I do not know , but by now I seriously doubt that there will be a future worth living it ...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The particular lie that vaccines don't prevent infection is pernicious and repeated often. 

Tell that to the fully vaccinated 'hero doctor' that recently died of COVID.

If the vaccines prevent infection ........ how did he die from COVID?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

When you spread widely refuted lies about the vaccines, people are entitled to presume that you are anti vax. It has been famously said that when you lie often enough it becomes the truth. The particular lie that vaccines don't prevent infection is pernicious and repeated often. What makes it even more egregious is that spreading virus misinformation is mostly done by the vaccinated and just for political purpose.

But I am not.

You may apologise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Again, this same misrepresentation! I endorse the above post completely.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

Hospital beds were full and overflowing in UK in 2019 before Covid

UK Government website - 2019  there was 29,161 deaths due to Flu/influenza......... mostly amount the older..

somehow there appear to be less people dying of Covid ? can find no reports of death from Flu/influenza for 2020...........  is Flu/influenza death reported as Covid ?

Same as in Canada. Hospitals have been overcrowded with people in hallways for years before Covid. Now they blame it on the unvaxxed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There is no 100% cure for anything . Same like there is no disease which will kill all of us . Even rabies which is supposed to be a 100% killer , has a reported file of a girl surviving .

More people have no effects from being infected , or if they get sick , less effect , in so less chance going to hospital , and less chance of dying , but not 100% . Unvaccinated have in such longer and heavier effects from infection . There will always people die from covid , vaccinated or not , having had new medicines or not , same like there will always people die from any other disease there is in the world ... even the most harmless .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JaydenL said:

Dying, maybe, we don't know yet. Getting sick, looks like false, otherwise countries with over 80 % vaccination rate wouldn't experience such huge surges in cases. Regarding the actual statistics of deaths, every vaccine needs 5 to 10 years to be tested, so we are just a part of a huge experiment, to quote the scientist who worked with mRNA. That's all. In other words, you are quoting odds of what a vaccine is supposed to be, not what that vaccine is, which we will only know within the timeframe stated.

You are omitting to mention the outcomes of infections.

Infections are only problematic where they cause serious sickness, long term sickness, hospitalizations or deaths.

Vaccination greatly reduces all these outcomes and the associated cost burdens placed on wider society.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because, as you are fully aware, no vaccines prevents 100% of infections.

They reduce the chance of infection, and greatly reduce serious illness, hospitalizations and deaths.

They do not remove 100% of the risk.

The doctor who you refer to, like all medical staff treating COVID patients would’ve have been very aware of that.

His death is not a subject for your cheap (and failed) wise crack.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I've posted the BBC link twice. To the best of my knowledge the BBC is not part of a global covid conspiracy.

Well you could post again as in your previous post you said you think you had posted it, but nice try I didn't say the BBC was part of a global conspiracy did I, what I clearly said was:

"Its possible there are some towns/cities in the UK that are 90% vaccinated but its certainly not the case for the overall vaccination rate, much the same as Phuket and Bangkok have over 80% fully vaccinated yet some other provinces are less than 40%"

As for the official overall vaccination rate in the UK it is 68.03% fully vaccinated 

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

Lol. He tried to twist a previous argument of mine the same way too. That guy's absolute fav accusation is that anyone who claims to be vaccinated but doesn't feel the incredible compulsion to force everyone else to get vaccinated must be lying about their own vax status to run a false flag op.

The Covid argument is gonna run in circles on here (and elsewhere) until the end of time. Or at least, until the end of Covid - so pretty much the same thing.

Participating in Covid debates is a waste of time unless you feel confident that you have a chance to materially shape policy. If you're angry about the situation, the best use of your energy is probably to work on self/skill/income improvement. The best revenge is winning at life.

If you don't wanna get vaxxed I suggest you focus your energy on home improvement because that's where you'll be forced to spend all your time winning at life in the near future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well you could post again as in your previous post you said you think you had posted it, but nice try I didn't say the BBC was part of a global conspiracy did I, what I clearly said was:

Brian I did post it again maybe 30 minutes or an hour ago, just for you. Please don't ask me to post it yet again.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, blackprince said:

Brian I did post it again maybe 30 minutes or an hour ago, just for you. Please don't ask me to post it yet again.

Cheers.

Yes see it and having "51 million people in the UK have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine"

Does not detract from the fact that official double vaccinated numbers are 68.03% fully vaccinated 

Not 90% of people as you claimed, the figure for at least one jab in the UK is 75% as per the link provided

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes see it and having "51 million people in the UK have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine"

Does not detract from the fact that official double vaccinated numbers are 68.03% fully vaccinated 

Not 90% of people as you claimed

Possibly due to confusion between percentage of adults vaccinated and percentage of total population vaccinated. I've done that myself.

1 hour ago, blackprince said:

I got it from the BBC in an article published 2 or 3 days ago. I posted the link here yesterday I think. Feel free to find it.

Was this the article you're referring to:

Covid vaccine: How many people are vaccinated in the UK?
"More than 51 million people in the UK have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine - part of the biggest inoculation programme the country has ever launched.

With nine in 10 of those aged 12 or over having had a single jab and eight in 10 having had a second, the country is now ramping up a booster campaign in an attempt to stop a potential wave of cases driven by the new Omicron variant."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not 90% of people as you claimed, the figure for at least one jab in the UK is 75% as per the link provided

Here's what the link says "With nine in 10 of those aged 12 or over having had a single jab and eight in 10 having had a second, the country is now ramping up a booster campaign in an attempt to stop a potential wave of cases driven by the new Omicron variant."

Bye.

Edited by blackprince
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Possibly due to confusion between percentage of adults vaccinated and percentage of total population vaccinated. I've done that myself.

Well he made a claim that the BBC was reporting a 90% vaccinated figure which it is not. The official as of the 30th Nov is in the graphic below. 68.3% double vaccinated and 75% at least one dose

image.png.751c95dd59f7245b008d84e3af9fce67.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations