Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

Filing by post requires your envelope arrives at -7 days min, or that's what people say here. So think it's too late for you?

Yes, March 8 is before March 10 so you're surely good to go. In fact you can report in person up to seven (7) days after your current report date, so March 17.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Filing by post requires your envelope arrives at -7 days min, or that's what people say here. So think it's too late for you?

Yes, March 8 is before March 10 so you're surely good to go. In fact you can report in person up to seven (7) days after your current report date, so March 17.

... careful with the +7 days, been mentioned repeatedly that some IOs start counting from due date, would make it the 16th in this case if you wanna play it safe, might cost 2000B otherwise, chaching ... 

• Like 1

Successfully completed the 90 day report for my housekeeper from Myanmar yesterday.  This was the 2nd 90 day online report that has been successful for her, and keeps me from loosing her for a day of work and her loosing a days wages. However, I have always paid her no matter what as she is a live in housekeeper and would do her duties upon her return.  However with Covid it is nice that she does not have to go and que.

Another success story, to encourage others!

Registered on Thursday, received password email within a few minutes. Filled in report form and it was accepted within half an hour.

Yesterday received approval and date for next report.

About 24 hours in total - thank you Ubon Immigration.

**My first try said invalid; it could have been I read Capcha wrongly, but believe it may have been because of  AutoFill. Immediately filled in details manually and all OK.

This was with Chrome browser.

• Like 2

Just attempted my first use of this "new" system.

Been registering online with mixed success for years (located on Phuket). Don't yet see any difference with this except having to log-in. Will be interested to see if it remembers my details for next time (old system did not).

Registered and got password e-mailed to me in seconds. Password is a VERY long string of random characters and no apparent way of changing it. How am I supposed to remember that?

Couldn't reach the system through the immigration.go.th website, only managed to register by clicking on the link in the OP in this thread.

Filled in my details, hit "submit" and was instantly greeted with a text box saying "success" which then disappeared and left the original data submission screen displayed. So that's confusing. At the same time was presented with a pop-up tab containing the PDF of the TM.47 form with my details (conveniently?) filled in. Why would I need that? Simultaneously received an automated e-mail confirming my successful submission.

No problem using my VPN, although it was going through a Thai server.

Now I'll wait. They've managed to make a single page process confusing. Lets see if it works.

Edited by Captain Jack
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Jack said:

Registered and got password e-mailed to me in seconds. Password is a VERY long string of random characters and no apparent way of changing it. How am I supposed to remember that?

Keep the e mail they sent you and copy and paste the password when you need to use it again.

• Like 1

Just to report for anyone interested.  I did my 90 day reporting online at the new website (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/home) this past Friday and got an immediate confirmation of receipt emailed to me. 

Then today (Monday) I got an email saying it had been approved, and was able to login and see the stamped approval and Notification of the next due date.

It was a long time in coming but it seems that Imm has finally got online registration updates working fine.

Note that the old site is still up and running for some reason.  Be sure to use the new site only because the old one is still messed up!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Somewhere in this long topic I made posts where my first submission on the new 90 day online report system back in early Dec 2021 was rejected about a week later with no reason given.   So, I resubmitted on the same day I got that rejection...and once again about a week later I got another rejection.  But fortunately my mail-in report was approved as usual.  CW is my immigration office.

My latest report was due 18 March....I decided to try the new online system again fully expecting rejection again as this new system was giving me rejects and the older online systems wouldn't even allow me to submit a report as I couldn't get past the first page of data entry.    I submitted my report on 3 March/Thursday which is exactly 15 days before the 18 March due date and today/Monday/7 March I got online approval....new due date 1 June. 

The approved 90 day report receipt was included as an attachment to the email notifying me of approval and you can also download it by logging onto their account.  When I opened the email and saw it said Approved (I was fully expecting Rejection again).   I was more Shocked & Surprised than Happy simply because online report attempts had never worked for me...I had grown accustomed to rejection like many others.   I was also going to mail-in my report this afternoon if I hadn't got an approval from CW by midday.

Wow!!!!.....after many years of trying to use online 90 day address reporting on immigration's various systems I finally got my first report approved online.   Shocked, Surprised, and now Happy.   I wonder if I can get another one approved....come mid May I'll find out as my next report is now due 1 June. 

Yeap, today I lost my online 90 day address reporting success virginity after trying & trying to lose it for many years....it feels good.

LOL...Thai bureaucracy is what it is.  It always seems to just be the luck of the draw with no rhyme or reason to it.  To a Westerner it is always confusing and frustrating, but as one Imm officer once explained to me, with a wry grin on her face, "This is Thailand ... We do things a little differently here..."

Edited by WaveHunter

I sent my 90-Day renewal on the new site this morning at 07.20. 

Approval e-mail and 'next notification' received at 08.56.

My IO is Khon Kaen but that doesn't seem to have any connection with this 90-Day site at all. 

This is my second renewal on the new site, both without a hitch although the approval for the first attempt took 6 days.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinL said:

My IO is Khon Kaen but that doesn't seem to have any connection with this 90-Day site at all. 

If you look at your notification receipt it will show the report was done in Khon Kaen (top left line in Thai probably)

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you look at your notification receipt it will show the report was done in Khon Kaen (top left line in Thai probably)

No indication of where it was done, UJ. But what's important is that it's done and done quickly.

The only reason I mentioned KK was that, when I did my annual extension in late December, they replaced the online 'next notification' for 9 March with one of their own for 26 March. The KK date didn't then replace the online date in the website, hence my conclusion that KK and website didn't seem to talk to each other. For my own convenience, I stuck with the online report date.

• Like 1

Please forgive me if any of the points that I make have been dealt with before. My next 90 day report was due on 29 March and, as I was feeling that I could handle a degree of frustration today, I thought that I would give this new system a whirl.  Don't get me wrong, a working system would be a godsend but, when I looked at it previously, it was always too close to the due date and I was too late to try it. As I recall the application had to be made before 14 days prior to the expiry of the previous report.

Anyway this time I thought about it well within the time frame. I expected it to be a fairly lengthy process but, to my amazement, three hours later I have my renewed document to hand. Only point that I noticed is that the date of my next report is 90 days from today, not the previous expiry date. With the window for making an online report closing 14 days before the due date using this system means that it's never going to be more than a 76 day report! And that is if one has confidence that the system will always work within a few hours on the day of application. Do you feel lucky? 

Anyway, that's a minor gripe when set against the benefit of not having to undertake the lengthy trip to report in person every three months. 

3 minutes ago, sniggie said:

My next 90 day report was due on 29 March . . .

First day you should have been able to use the system would have been 15th March.  Well done on being processed early even if you have lost a few days.

4 minutes ago, sniggie said:

. . . . the date of my next report is 90 days from today, not the previous expiry date.

Different offices /agents seem to do it differently.  Some from date of submission, some from expiry date of previous report and some from date of approval.  What office do you use?

2 hours ago, MartinL said:

No indication of where it was done, UJ. But what's important is that it's done and done quickly.

Mine shows Ubon Ratchathani in Thai here.

image.png.e90ffeb6ca0aef893fdfac6533ecdf5b.png

Reports done by a immigration office do not appear on the online reporting sites (old and new).

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Mine shows Ubon Ratchathani in Thai here.

image.png.e90ffeb6ca0aef893fdfac6533ecdf5b.png

That's the guy's name and rank on mine and being preceded by "I" suggests a persons name would be expected.  Google indicates similar on yours - Police Lieutenant Sorawit Suksuli amongst some other possibilities, one of which included sub-district!

Ubon Ratchathani is อุบลราชธานี which does not seem to be in your shot.

Edited by treetops

Today at:

16.03pm I submitted my TM47 online.
16.04pm got the 'successful' email.

16.23pm got the new TM47 email.

Roi-Et office.

Wow!   New benchmark for immigration!   Well Done!  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

That's the guy's name and rank on mine and being preceded by "I" suggests a persons name would be expected.  Google indicates similar on yours - Police Lieutenant Sorawit Suksuli amongst some other possibilities, one of which included sub-district!

I think I got it and TM47 form mixed up. I asked my grandaughter about it she said Ubon but that may of been the TM47.

3 hours ago, treetops said:

First day you should have been able to use the system would have been 15th March.  Well done on being processed early even if you have lost a few days.

Different offices /agents seem to do it differently.  Some from date of submission, some from expiry date of previous report and some from date of approval.  What office do you use?

I've seen other posts talking 14 days before, but it's my understanding it up to 15 days before.  Yea, only a 1 day difference but it could make a difference for some folks/in some cases I guess.  Plus for in-person or mail-in reporting it up to 15 days before also.

The 15 March mentioned above would represent 14 days before his 29 March report due date, but the online system allows reporting up to 15 days before which would have been 14 March.   

Just last week I did my first successful online report with CW and...my due date was 18 March....I submitted the report on 3 March which is 15 days before...the report was approved a few days later with a received notification date on the approved receipt of 3 March

From review of TM47 User Guide for new system its say a report can be submitted "within 15 days" of the due date.    And as already mentioned CW approved my report which was submitted  15 days before...submitted on 3 March for a 18 March due date.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

iconTM47.png  Procedures and conditions for notification of residence for more than 90 days online
        ♦ Preparation before using
           1. Computer or Smart Phone.
           2. Web browser.
               - The system supports browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge. (Latest version recommended)
        ♦ Conditions for receiving notice of residence more than 90 days online
           - Submit a request in advance before the due date for the next notification of residence within 15 days.

♦ Conditions for not accepting requests for notification of residence more than 90 days online
           - Incomplete data entered as required by the system.
           - Not due for the next due date. (Apply after the previous petition is approved in 1 – 75 days)
           - Submit a duplicate request within 3 days using the same user information while the status of the previous claim is pending.

34 minutes ago, Pib said:

From review of TM47 User Guide for new system its say a report can be submitted "within 15 days" of the due date.    And as already mentioned CW approved my report which was submitted  15 days before...submitted on 3 March for a 18 March due date.

Yes, they call it 15, I always say 14 because if you subtract 14 from the due dute you get the opening date.  You appear to have been a day early in submitting it by this calculation but that doesn't seem to matter too much now.

image.png.6934431d3b29c5ee85ae66feb6d54090.png

sniggie seems to have done it more than 20 days in advance (8th March to 29th March) so maybe there is even more leniency than expected, although if you're losing days as he/she did then it's not necessarily a good thing.

Pic is from a link on the front page of the old system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, treetops said:

Yes, they call it 15, I always say 14 because if you subtract 14 from the due dute you get the opening date.  You appear to have been a day early in submitting it by this calculation but that doesn't seem to matter too much now.

image.png.6934431d3b29c5ee85ae66feb6d54090.png

sniggie seems to have done it more than 20 days in advance (8th March to 29th March) so maybe there is even more leniency than expected, although if you're losing days as he/she did then it's not necessarily a good thing.

Pic is from a link on the front page of the old system.

Yea...I guess immigration counts the due day as one of the 15 days before.  Just for others, here's the weblink that shows above...after going to the link click "example."

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

By losing days...up to around two weeks possibly....does create more workload for the farang "and immigration as on the average in increases the frequency of submission.    Creates more workload for immigration because they are having to process reports every approx 75 days vs 90 days assuming farangs submit their report approx 15 days before the due date.  So, if they want to inflict more workload on themselves, well, that their choice I guess.  More often is always better....?

Now the workload increase for an online report over time is small for the farang but it's still an increase.  And since some immigration offices can be slow in approving/rejecting an online report a person pretty much goes into marching-in-place awaiting the immigration office's decision and the farang is thinking/planning during that time whether to punt to an mail-in or in-person report.   And I guess some offices don't accept mail-in reports and/or could be many, many kilometers away for an in-person report.

Now, if all immigration offices processed  online submissions within one business day "AND the online approval rate was durn-near 100% (which it ain't according to many post in this and related threads) then days loss would probably matter much less to some folks although days loss is still occurring and does away with most marching-in-place time.   Heck, take longer than one business day "as long as the system has a reputation for durn-near always approving a report" vs the current much less reliable reputation.

When a person applies early for an annual extension of stay (30 to 45 days early depending on your serving immigration office) the person does not lose any days on the new extension.  If immigration can make no-days-loss occur for extensions they could surely do it for 90 days reports also if they wanted to.   Reporting every 90 days or so just seems so unnecessary and overkill to me....yea, I know there is a Thai law from decades ago requiring the report....I guess us farang need very, very close watching.

Not an easy answer if online reporting is not reliable (which based on history it's not for many)....and by waiting to submit an online report say a day or two before the due date that causes a person to forfeit the mail-in option as immigration generally must receive mail-in reports 7 days before the due date.  Or your immigration office is many, many kilometers away for an in-person report which is now the only option and you now must make that trip with only around a week left a person would incur a Bt2,000 fine for reporting late.

I just hope their new online system becomes reliable "for everyone all the time" but I'm not holding my breath.   But at least I can now say I was successful for the first time ever after many years of trying on their older systems and new system.   See my post from a few days ago.   On their new system my first submission and resubmission in Dec 2021 were both rejected requiring a mail-in plus I also went in to person to ask about the rejections (immigration didn't know), but my third submission on the new system last week for my latest report was approved.  So, I'm 1 of 3 (33%) on the new system.

Edited by Pib