Moving to a new province

After 15 years living in Hua Hin I'm moving to Kamphaeng Phet in early January and need some advice on the following.

1) I'm aware that I need to register within 24 hours of moving in, I've downloaded the TM28 but what documentation will immi require. I have a lease on a rental house, would this suffice or will they need to see owners housebook and copy of plus a copy of his ID card or indeed anything else. Its many years since I did for Hua Hin and forgotten what they might need.

2) I know that re-registration of my car isn't a legal requirement but would make life easier when re-taxing, would they require a proof of residence letter or just turn up at the transport office with my car book.

3)Similar to above for my driving licence to change address on it, I'd hate for any fines etc posted to my old address and not being aware of them.

And if anyone has any other help on other things I might need to know then please suggest. Thank you.

1. Most immigration offices want a TM30 report now instead of a TM28 form (or a TM27 form for a a address change).

The will more than likely want a copy of the lease and singed copies of the owners house book and ID card.

2/3 A certificate of residency form immigration may be needed for both of them.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

I wouldn't bother with any of it. What's the point.

Number 1 is a immigration requirement and a person can be fined for not doing it and if doing 90 reports they could ask for the TM30 report and again if applying for a extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Landlord is subject to a fine if TM30 not submitted within 24 hours of foreigner residing at property.

"Under the notification, there will still be a duty for landlords or hotel owners to submit a T.M.30 form to an immigration office within 24 hours of a foreign national staying at their premises."

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/thailand-relax-rules-tm30-immigration-requirements/

Edited by KhunLA

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Landlord is subject to a fine if TM30 not submitted within 24 hours of foreigner residing at property.

In reality the TM30 would be needed for some dealings with immigration.

What's important is to have that in place prior to attending immigration. 

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

The immigration act states owner, house master, tenant and possessor of the residence. If you have a rental agreement for the residence that makes you the the possessor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, within 24 hours of residing at the property.

One can sign a contract starting today, and move in next month, then the TM30 would be due next month.

I signed a lease with starting date of 1st December but wont be going up until just before Xmas with most of our belongings and staying until the the 2nd January and returning to Hua Hin for about a week to finalise everything there and then returning to KP permanently so will it be best i register TM30 on next visit?

On 12/4/2021 at 6:40 PM, poppysdad said:

Thanks everyone. I’ve now downloaded tm27 and tm30 forms and all seems straightforward.
Anyone know if Kamphaeng Phet immigration are friendly or otherwise.? 

The staff at Kamphaeng Phet immigration are fairy friendly, and efficient and honest in my experience.

Be aware though that it depends on when you are coming to KP, that the immigration office will be moving to a new location sometime in the New Year,  almost 20km from their present location.