Lazada Warning

sirineou

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an automatic fish feeder for my Koi pond. It was delivered promptly , It took me a few days tp have it set up and installed on my pond. I programed the feeding schedules and it seemed to be working fine, dispensing food.  

Then a couple of days later I noticed that it was no longer dispensing food. I looked at the panel and it had a an "ERROR" message. 

I reset the item, re-program it, it worked for a day and then stopped working with an "ERROR" message.  I contacted the seller and they said they only guarantee the items they sell seven days from delivery. !! 

Then I went to review the item and I was unable. it seems you can only review items when you first get them not after you had them for a short while . Last time I buy anything other than trinkets  from Lazada.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

No I did not know that.

well, for every article, the name of the seller is shown.

if I buy any article for which I am interested in its reliability or warranty, I will select a known seller (for example JIB sells on Lazada) or at least check the seller's reputation and reviews of same or similar articles he sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You should also know that Lazada refuses to tell vendors to remove false marketing. They simply won't get involved and happily let more people get ripped off time after time instead . I bought trousers clearly advertised for 185 to 195 cm giving plenty of margin as I am shorter than 185 cm. Goods then came with a factory size sheet clearly stating 185 to 190. On top of that, the trousers were clearly only good for 180 cm only. The vendor refused return to accept that there was any false marketing. I was quite surprised as I clearly showed the factory size sheet shipped with the goods beside the vendor size sheet, cannot simply be missed but I suppose the vendor knew Lazada's policy regarding this. I appealed and also stated that I will not accept any money until Lazada ensures that the false marketing is removed.

Lazada rejected my return ???? 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Shopee is ridiculous, every time I try & find something (local) it has a 15-21 day delivery time - they are obviously reselling from China. 

Lazada - been scammed twice in past 12 months. Lazada refunded the money. 

Lazada now seem to have removed the ‘local’ search option. 

Yea, that what it is with Many Shopee vendors, they are really "drop shippers"  they dont have the item, they simply forward the order to the distributor in China for a small fee. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Shopee is ridiculous, every time I try & find something (local) it has a 15-21 day delivery time - they are obviously reselling from China. 

Lazada - been scammed twice in past 12 months. Lazada refunded the money. 

Lazada now seem to have removed the ‘local’ search option. 

Beware  that " shipped from overseas "Seller, or anything other than a Thai Country seller.

They buy from AliExpress, and sell from Lazada at over 2 times the price on many items.

You can purchase off AliExpress, and the delivery time is equal to the Lazada time.

EG

Bought a spare for my Old Chinese Quad Bike on AliExpress after looking Lazada for spare,

Lazada 1890 Baht + Delivery + ship from overseas 14 -21 Days quoted

AliExpress 673 Baht ( choice of 20 sellers ) + ship from overseas 170 Baht 14 - 21 Days quoted

I very rarely even look at Lazada any more for anything.

The sellers are really greedy on profit margins.

47 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have articles still waiting for my review 6 months later.

Yes, if something needs a test of time, I won't review right away, and still able to review.  Or edit once reviewed, though not sure if that option is time sensitive.

56 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I have articles still waiting for my review 6 months later.

Yeah, me too. 

@sirineou Is the seller still listing the item?

The problem isn't just a dead battery is it??

Thanks for not naming the seller, of course members are welcome to ask by PM.

• Like 1

I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help someone else not to make the same mistake I made. . 

Follow up :

I have a technical back ground, so I took the device apart,.

Not designed very well IMO. and not made very well also . Not a big surprise for something made in China.

The dispensing tray was loose and hanging up after a cycle. It was a (word that rhymes with witch but starts with a B)   to put it back together as I had align all the gears to work properly with the limit stitch and the spline to drop in and engage.

what I did was scratch marks on its item an its attachment point.  So when I put it together i lined up all the marks first 

But I got it to work properly. For how long it's anyone's guess. I don't have high hopes. 

We got the item for when we travel , but it does not seem to be dependable. I guess I have to look for something more substantial. 

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, if something needs a test of time, I won't review right away, and still able to review.  Or edit once reviewed, though not sure if that option is time sensitive.

Though I have hundreds of items purchased that I have not bothered to review, I only have 12 items waiting review the oldest one purchased a couple of months ago, I tried leaving a review on am item I had purchased about six months ago that went Poof . and was unable. It said to long. I don't think you can review anything older than four months. Try it and please report back. 

Edited by sirineou

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, me too. 

@sirineou Is the seller still listing the item?

The problem isn't just a dead battery is it??

Thanks for not naming the seller, of course members are welcome to ask by PM.

No such luck. As I said in my previous post made after your post that I did not see until now,  , Poorly designed and assembled product.

I even found a screw in there that did not belong anywhere, it must have fallen in during assembly amd the did not bother to open it up again and remove the screw, It might had been what got the rotating serving tray out of track. 

I was able to put it together better, but very little I can do about the design. I was working well before, next feeding cycle in 11 min. I am keeping my fingers crossed. ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I was able to put it together better, but very little I can do about the design. I was working well before, next feeding cycle in 11 min. I am keeping my fingers crossed. ????

Did it work?

"Blueprinting" like we do with performance engines definitely works, but one shouldn't have to do it with a koi feeder.

Our "automatic" feeder is also the maid, she's got a phone and Madam checks every 60 seconds if we are away.

• Haha 1