Accessing an overseas Pay Pal Account from Thailand

Does anyone have an overseas Pay Pal Account that they access often from Thailand ?

I have a UK Pay Pay Account that I have re-activated using a UK SIM,  but I am wondering if there will be an issue with Pay Pal Security for accessing the Account from Thailand.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davemax49 said:

Does anyone have an overseas Pay Pal Account that they access often from Thailand ?

I have had an Oz  PayPal account for about 15 years----always accessed it from here---just sent the Christmas cards off through it--

If you think you may have problems why not use a VPN....although I never have had any.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I have had an Oz  PayPal account for about 15 years----always accessed it from here---just sent the Christmas cards off through it--

If you think you may have problems why not use a VPN....although I never have had any.

That's good to know.

Thanks

just this week arranged, by phone, for the telephone to be a Thailand number. They have already confirmed my telephone number and sent sms messages. Only problem is giving them a billing address they still want a UK billing address, but I can use the account with my debit card.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:44 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

As long as you can access that SIM to receive the OTP (one time password) from them, shouldn't be a problem. My US PP acct is registered with a US Google Voice number, and that's how I do it.

That's how I access it as well.

I have USA and Canadian PP accounts.  Works fine.  You can use an Authenticator app or register both phone numbers with PP.  if you go the phone number route it pop up the first number registered.  If this is your Thai telephone then it will send the security code to it.  If you need a second number then select “Try another way” and it will offer to send a security code to the second number you have registered with them

Yes I have an Australian PP account.  I used it for some online purchases 2 days ago and although I wondered if I would have problems it went through no probs.

I do get a lot of scam fake emails purporting to be from Paypal saying my account has been suspended but I forward them to PP although I never hear from them.  Anybody else experiencing this?