Legal aspects regarding "Volunteering for a Thai foundation"

I stay in Thailand based on a 1 year extension of a Non-Immigrant-O Visa. Now I am interested in volunteering work for a Thai Foundation in Thailand, without any salary. Also the foundation is not payed for my work, but the foundation collects financial donations to finance their activities (mainly for paying the rent and support for those who need) Can someone explain the legal background of such activity, for example:

* Can I volunteer based on Non-Immigrant-O Visa?

* Any restrictions / limitations?

* Work permit required?

Any information would be very helpful! 

Non – Immigrant Visa (O)  (Volunteer) 
———————————–

Purpose of visit :  to perform volunteering duties (without paid) for 
                               the state enterprise, social welfare organizations, 
                               NGO, or other non-profit organisations/ 
                               foundations and associations. 

What type of extension do you have of your non-o visa entry do you have.

The current work permit rules state you not longer need a work permit in most cases. Teaching normally requires one or if in management of the organization for example.

For some organizations only a 90 day extensions are allowed. A lot depends upon the organization's registration and the ability to get a letter from a government department for you first extension since that would allow a one year extension.

2 minutes ago, Luckyman999 said:

Thank you. I stay in Thailand based on Non-Immigrant-O, based on retirement (over 50 years). Is it possible to do volunteering work also with this Visa or do I have to change the Visa type? 

You posted while I was doing my reply. You would need to change the reason for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement  one based upon doing volunteer work dependent upon what you are doing.