90-day report failure because of incorrect overstay stay

So super happy with the new app after the initial early failures, though I was surprised that it took so long to get a response, 7 days in total. But interestingly received a rejection email just now, on Sunday. 

Unfortunately it's for the same reason that the old app did not work for me, as it recognises me as an overstay. I'm fairly confident this is to do with my new passport in January 2020.

I have read a bit on the forum about it as others have had the same problem and the only solution I have heard is to go and try and talk sweetly to them at immigration. Which of course I always do! ????

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any success getting around this issue?

I have left the country on my current passport so it's difficult me to understand why I'm not in the system correctly.

Anyway hoping somebody can help me out here.

So your surprised it didn't work.

The thread with this "new 90 report system" is now up to 25 pages. 

Do it by mail. If too late for that do report in person.

BTW you won't get much joy from immigration when you point out anything to do with online issues.

• Like 2

Did the rejection email state the reason. Others that got one after applying on the new site did give a reason.

Others have been have had their application on the old site and on the mobile app. It appears to depend upon the system the local office you report to.

I got approval of mine in September after applying for my extension in August using the mobile appy. It show my old stay date on the popup you when you open it but no overstay. After doing the report the date changed to the correct date.

I did my first report last year after never being able to do them due to a old entry and a new passport.

• Like 2

https://aseannow.com/topic/1241749-thai-immigration-launches-new-online-90-day-reporting-system/

There've been a handful, five-ish, reports of success with the "newest" web site,

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

introduced ~ 2 December.

They've come from a smattering of provinces, maybe one from Bangkok/CW.

Maybe ~20-ish who have been Rejected,

Seems like it's a work in progress.

What office do you report to?

I think you'll have to file in person, or send a third-party.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So your surprised it didn't work.

The thread with this "new 90 report system" is now up to 25 pages. 

Do it by mail. If too late for that do report in person.

BTW you won't get much joy from immigration when you point out anything to do with online issues.

I did get an impressive eye roll when I asked how long it would take to fix it, that was 6 months ago, still the same overstay message !

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did the rejection email state the reason. Others that got one after applying on the new site did give a reason.

Others have been have had their application on the old site and on the mobile app. It appears to depend upon the system the local office you report to.

I got approval of mine in September after applying for my extension in August using the mobile appy. It show my old stay date on the popup you when you open it but no overstay. After doing the report the date changed to the correct date.

I did my first report last year after never being able to do them due to a old entry and a new passport.

Yes the problem is it's suggesting I'm on overstay. Exactly the same as it did on the old mobile application. Like I mentioned I think there's some data entry problem at the immigration end. 

I have seen another board member post about the same issue. Again as I already mentioned probably relevant to the new passport. 

I'm really just trying to find who I can talk to to rectify the problem. Because I won't be leaving the country for another year at least and I would prefer to be able to use the new tool, which appears to be even easier than before, to do my reporting.

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I did get an impressive eye roll when I asked how long it would take to fix it, that was 6 months ago, still the same overstay message !

Something is just occurred to me Can I ask you did you do your extension through an agent?

I will have to check my records but I think my overstay problem on the app started after I did my visa extension through an agent.

51 minutes ago, 1 said:

I'm after help on solving a specific problem about me showing as overstay.

That's nice. Let's us know how you get on after your trip to immigration to do it in person. 

There are MANY MANY folk that cannot get online to work. This is despite numerous successes by them using online at various times. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's nice. Let's us know how you get on after your trip to immigration to do it in person. 

There are MANY MANY folk that cannot get online to work. This is despite numerous successes by them using online at various times. 

I think the important distinction here is this is not a failure of the app in a technical sense which has generally been the problem in the past and what is commonly reported on the forum.

This seems to be a data entry issue as I am being recognised as overstay but I am not.

The difference between the old mobile app and the new application in this specific use case is that the old mobile app recognised me as overstay straight away. The new application took 7 days to deny me for the same reason. Which in my mind seems odd as I would assume that a human decided this.

• Like 1

On the old website it didn't work for me. On the new website there was  no problem.. Had my register code in a few seconds. My 90d report approved in three days. 

Chumphon immigration is my local office. I don't use Windows but Linux on a laptop.

Works PERFECT, piece of cake.

• Thanks 1

I have the same issue. I completed my retirement extension as usual (no agent) in July in Phuket. When I was picking up a Certificate of Residence in September I happen to open the (old) app and noticed it showed I was on overstay. I showed my phone message to the immigration person and asked why it says I'm on overstay. He looked at his computer and says "it's wrong, my computer shows you're fine" - but didn't offer any suggestions on how to fix it. Obviously when completing my extension they didn't click a correct button somewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm just wondering if anybody has had any success getting around this issue?

just deal with it stop trying to manipulate ... take both ppt to imm and they will fix it .... and it will probably take a while before the info is updated 

28 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

The old system worked for me for years, then it suddenly went wonky. This new system worked for me. I submitted my request on 6 Dec and today (13 Dec) I received my approval. Let's see how long THIS one lasts.

Which office?

I have always reported for the 90 day requirement in person, as I have always done when applying for my annual extension. For over 30 years I've never had any problems, and I would suggest that with any inter-reaction with Thai immigration the personal approach is the best approach.

2 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

I have always reported for the 90 day requirement in person, as I have always done when applying for my annual extension. For over 30 years I've never had any problems, and I would suggest that with any inter-reaction with Thai immigration the personal approach is the best approach.

Not everyone has easy access to immigration. 

For some a 90 report in person could be best part of a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reported on the new system 5 December . got an email saying all details accepted with a TM47 PDF to print. 
Yesterday, on the day it was due i received a rejection email with ‘overstay’ as the reason. Off I trot to soi 5 Jomtien Beach Road. The officer at counter 4 looked at my emails and print outs, changed the date on my old TM47 in my passport to my next report date and states that as I needed to apply for a new extension in March I can do it on that date, 3 weeks early, and everything will be fine. 
He didn’t take any notes or record any of my details and nothing was entered/updated on his computer terminal 

My passport is 3 years old and I’m on my 2nd marriage extension 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pib said:

But for me, none of the online systems have ever worked.   I either got a "visit your local immigration office" after entering page one data with the older systems....and now rejected reports with the new system.  So, I mostly report by mail and every once in a while in-person.

At least it was a rejection after the application was accepted. Now you just need to find out why it was rejected. Of course that might require a trip to immigration.

Bangkok immigration has this posted on their Facebook page. Perhaps try calling them.

229625909_382411313299691_561869875791053741_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeEz8-QKeBgczPmV4Vd3To-ZmTZO9Wz4PtSZNk71bPg-1L6aI4AnTM9fHjIv-1KT2MTEzLqkjyqLoeyYxyXbHP27&_nc_ohc=gzKI1N2EqoMAX9tOb6E&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.xx&oh=00_AT9GcGnoTBC68JO_IynvSqTRMjQNToLQIO2wT1Ydp-xZPg&oe=61BD5CC1

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At least it was a rejection after the application was accepted. Now you just need to find out why it was rejected. Of course that might require a trip to immigration.

Bangkok immigration has this posted on their Facebook page. Perhaps try calling them.

229625909_382411313299691_561869875791053741_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeEz8-QKeBgczPmV4Vd3To-ZmTZO9Wz4PtSZNk71bPg-1L6aI4AnTM9fHjIv-1KT2MTEzLqkjyqLoeyYxyXbHP27&_nc_ohc=gzKI1N2EqoMAX9tOb6E&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.xx&oh=00_AT9GcGnoTBC68JO_IynvSqTRMjQNToLQIO2wT1Ydp-xZPg&oe=61BD5CC1

At CW over the years I have pointed out during  in-person reporting their online systems did not work for me and I asked why not....can you fix?   One time they looked in their system and couldn't see any problem...and just said try again next time.  The other time I only got an answer of there are problems with the system....it should be fixed soon....try again next time.   It was like the people taking the in-person reports knew little about the online reporting systems....just wanted to deflect the issue by saying the problem should be fixed soon....can't see anything wrong...try again next time, etc.

Now I may be in the area of MTT this week and may decide to drop-in and give them puppy dog eyes about their new system rejecting my 90 days report with no reason given....ask them why am I being rejected on all 3 of your online system to include your latest-and-greatest system.   I'm not going to hold my breath anything will result of it...but if I am in the MTT area later this week I plan to stop by.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

..but if I am in the MTT area later this week I plan to stop by.

If you do please report back.

Your post is my exact experience.

With regards this current "new system" I'm now in the loop of requesting new password gets nowhere. Happy to continue using mail until such time the reports flow of consistent success using new system.

In any event a simple registration process is up to 24 pages in short period of time. Yes few posts of success and many of frustration.

Most of us have apps for things such as online banking. Think about the level of services that app alone is capable of. Yet Thailand can not have a simple registration with ability to confirm details every 90 days.

Which IT company has been responsible of the previous online registration systems. Both the app and web address. 

Absolute failure apart from the chosen ones.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Reported on the new system 5 December . got an email saying all details accepted with a TM47 PDF to print. 
Yesterday, on the day it was due i received a rejection email with ‘overstay’ as the reason. Off I trot to soi 5 Jomtien Beach Road. The officer at counter 4 looked at my emails and print outs, changed the date on my old TM47 in my passport to my next report date and states that as I needed to apply for a new extension in March I can do it on that date, 3 weeks early, and everything will be fine. 
He didn’t take any notes or record any of my details and nothing was entered/updated on his computer terminal 

My passport is 3 years old and I’m on my 2nd marriage extension 

Very similar situation to me re the extension date. 

Maybe they are using some new data entry format and some have been included in the news system and the others have not. But just a complete guess.

And all those that offer their opinion of how to do the 90-day report thank you.

But as I'm in my 6th year I'm fairly coherent with the process.

• Like 1