Bars and Girls.

Whacker

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

While the ladies you profess to help sleep in squalor,  and beds that punters have used them on all day!

Do you actually know any bar girls and have you actually been to their room? Doesn't seem like it.

For a start, girls that work in a bar don't normally have guys come to their room for sex, so that makes your last sentence "unfortunate".

If you actually knew anything about it you'd know that they usually share a room with friends, so are you saying that they bring guys off the street back to their room ( instead of going to the guy's hotel room ) and have sex in front of their friends that are trying to sleep?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you insist that they drink alcohol? I didn't.

I remember one night at a bar near Loi Krow, opposite an expensive hotel.

Two guys had been buying all the young attractive bar girls (4 of them) trays of tequila shots.

My pal and I were wondering what would happen when they saw their bill.

They were so shocked they stopped buying the girls drinks, and the crowd quickly deserted them.

One of the young ladies, almost too drunk to stand, fell over my bar stool, bum in the air, skirt round her neck, like a rag doll over me. A little voice squeaked from down low, "buy me drink". Which I did (small beer), and she started drinking from her position on the floor, that was how the next hour was passed. Then the bar closed, and she muttered, "take me home".

My pal and I just laughed, and I called the serving lady to come and remove her staff from my lap, then we left.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Once again you miss it all.  You are paying alcohol  prices, and they are getting water.  The bars making the money not the lady.

The woman gets a portion of the bar girl drink , usually the extra amount, the extra from a normal drink .

Drink :100 Baht

Ladydrink :150 Baht

Lady gets the 50 Baht

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I remember one night at a bar near Loi Krow, opposite an expensive hotel.

Two guys had been buying all the young attractive bar girls (4 of them) trays of tequila shots.

My pal and I were wondering what would happen when they saw their bill.

They were so shocked they stopped buying the girls drinks, and the crowd quickly deserted them.

One of the young ladies, almost too drunk to stand, fell over my bar stool, bum in the air, skirt round her neck, like a rag doll over me. A little voice squeaked from down low, "buy me drink". Which I did, and she started drinking from her position on the floor, that was how the next hour was passed. Then the bar closed, and she muttered, "take me home".

My pal and I just laughed, and I called the serving lady to come and remove her staff from my lap, then we left.

Many books have been written about the goings on in Thai bars. I could contribute a few stories myself.

I once had an unfortunate liason with a Filipina from a Cypriot bar. No bar fine as such, but I had to buy an overpriced bottle of booze for her to take her out of the bar, and by the time we left she was so inebriated that when we got to the room she fell asleep. Not my favourite memory of that boring country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I have a foggy memory from waaaaay back in the day of a girl from the Nana Hotel car park at drunk-o-clock in the morning. I remember she had one tit bigger than the other. It occurs to me it might have been a bloke. I try not to think about it too much, I'm a married man now.

Urban legend has it that one of her cajones was markedly larger also !

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The woman gets a portion of the bar girl drink , usually the extra amount, the extra from a normal drink .

Lady gets the 50 Baht

That depends on the bar.  Some bars the gals have a quota of lady drinks they are suppose to solicit, if wanting to remain on staff, and get no portion of that.

Many ARE missing the point.  If you have to pay for someone to tolerate talking to you, do you really care where the money goes.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

...so are you saying that they bring guys off the street back to their room ( instead of going to the guy's hotel room ) and have sex in front of their friends that are trying to sleep?

Happened to me.

Twice.

The second time, her room mate was her mum.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Happened to me.

Twice.

The second time, her room mate was her mum.

I have done many gross things in my life, but that's too low even for me. Of course if her mum was attractive and joined in that might be different.

She was and she did. But that was in Austin, TX. It was actually quite a turn-on it when I found out they were doing me just to buy baby formula.

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh wow! This is shocking news! I never knew this happened in the four score and ten years that I have been "actually" living here. Such a surprise. I am totally gobsmacked.

You are truly unique. Possibly a visionary.

And yer still people fall for it daily.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lady gets the 50 Baht

Yes a smaller portion,  as stated, but if water, which it often is, or if in someones villa, not a bar the begging and con continues.   Ladies no longer need the bars.  They actually  have all the power.  Just as many Thais are learning  that the power of social mrdia and apos are replacing  them.  The only thing one needs do now is go sit in the bar with the manager and buy them drinks.  The ladiies ate earning more outside of the bars, and instead of giving a bar fine the ladies get a tip on top.  This puts more money in thier pockets saves the punter cash, and cuts the bar out completely.   The bar scene  will eventually  die off.  I There has actually  been articles published on this subject.   Yes some bars will survive and still have, but their numbers will drop, as the future approaches  whether anyone admits it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yes a smaller portion,  as stated, but if water, which it often is, or if in someones villa, not a bar the begging and con continues.

some Ladies may actually prefer to only drink soft drinks .

Drinking every night can have a detrimental effect on their health and they are also working , trying to earn money and getting drunk would put themselves at risk and may cause them to miss an opportunity to earn a bit more money .

The girls may want to stay sober and not drink alcohol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yes a smaller portion,  as stated, but if water, which it often is, or if in someones villa, not a bar the begging and con continues.   Ladies no longer need the bars.  They actually  have all the power.  Just as many Thais are learning  that the power of social mrdia and apos are replacing  them.  The only thing one needs do now is go sit in the bar with the manager and buy them drinks.  The ladiies ate earning more outside of the bars, and instead of giving a bar fine the ladies get a tip on top.  This puts more money in thier pockets saves the punter cash, and cuts the bar out completely.   The bar scene  will eventually  die off.  I There has actually  been articles published on this subject.   Yes some bars will survive and still have, but their numbers will drop, as the future approaches  whether anyone admits it.

Reading your posts I get a little bit bipolar? What is your point with all this? Bitter?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

some Ladies may actually prefer to only drink soft drinks .

Drinking every night can have a detrimental effect on their health and they are also working , trying to earn money and getting drunk would put themselves at risk and may cause them to miss an opportunity to earn a bit more money .

The girls may want to stay sober and not drink alcohol

Agreed.  I think its good that the bars may dwindle as it's created millions of alcoholics over the years.  But when one buys a drink on line, and specifically  says the name of the drink and its only water , then the customer has been had.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you insist that they drink alcohol? I didn't.

The first two weeks with my soon to be Thai wife, she drank 6 Spy and vomited everywhere.

Lucky for me we were staying at her friends house and not my condo.

I don't need to get a girl drunk to go home with me, I just need to pay her.

1 minute ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Agreed.  I think its good that the bars may dwindle as it's created millions of alcoholics over the years.  But when one buys a drink on line, and specifically  says the name of the drink and its only water , then the customer has been had.

I would let those guys buying the drinks  be concerned about that . 

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Reading your posts I get a little bit bipolar? What is your point with all this? Bitter?

Just making the exploited aware of whats happening.   Bitter, no!  Many like the punters who have recently  returned, are reaping the rewards of those desperados sending cash to the pimps, as the ladies are taking their meager portion and giving to their boyfriends, and a little to the fam.  Bitter, no, but if it were me being conned, I would want to know the score, so I could make an informed  decision.   But that's capitalism  isn't  it, exploitation  of others for personal gain?

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I would let those guys buying the drinks  be concerned about that . 

True, but wouldn't  you want to know if you were being tricked.  Anyway, the future  approaches  fast, and apps are snuffing out the bars.  Time will tell whats the reality. 

• Haha 1

Just now, WEBBYB808 said:

True, but wouldn't  you want to know if you were being tricked.  Anyway, the future  approaches  fast, and apps are snuffing out the bars.  Time will tell whats the reality. 

Every man who thinks he's in a relationship with a woman is being tricked.

This is how relationships work.

"Where the woman gets no advantage, there will be no relationship" (Biffault's Law).

Did it ever come to your mind that lots of guys prefer bars and don't want to pick girls from the streets or online?

Girls who work in bars are normally checked for STDs. If they would rip off a customer then the customer would likely complain and if that happens again and again then she wouldn't work there for long.

A guy can look at many girls and decide which one he likes to talk to. And he can see every part of her in detail before he takes her out. And if he talks to her for 5 or 10 minutes and doesn't like it he can talk to the next one. And the next one. And there is a good chance that if he returns a month later that the same girl still works in the same place.

Who wants to risk to pick up a (maybe) woman in a dark street corner? Or someone who used lots of filters for her photos or videos? And no place to go if she is bad. At least many guys I know wouldn't want to do that.

Many bars are successful because they provide a good atmosphere and a good service. Many of us are willing to pay for that.

• Like 2

Been long enough in Thailand to know that I keep my nose to myself, and what others do, is not my business. Most I have told they are being conned did not like me to tell them, so for almost two decades I have kept my nose and my opinions to myself. Nobody want to hear the truth! But some go around and name any girl as a bad one, because they trust nobody, and that is a bit sad, but, that's life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Been long enough in Thailand to know that I keep my nose to myself, and what others do, is not my business. Most I have told they are being conned did not like me to tell them, so for almost two decades I have kept my nose and my opinions to myself. Nobody want to hear the truth! But some go around and name any girl as a bad one, because they trust nobody, and that is a bit sad, but, that's life

Trust no one ......... eminently sensible IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did it ever come to your mind that lots of guys prefer bars and don't want to pick girls from the streets or online?

Girls who work in bars are normally checked for STDs. If they would rip off a customer then the customer would likely complain and if that happens again and again then she wouldn't work there for long.

A guy can look at many girls and decide which one he likes to talk to. And he can see every part of her in detail before he takes her out. And if he talks to her for 5 or 10 minutes and doesn't like it he can talk to the next one. And the next one. And there is a good chance that if he returns a month later that the same girl still works in the same place.

Who wants to risk to pick up a (maybe) woman in a dark street corner? Or someone who used lots of filters for her photos or videos? And no place to go if she is bad. At least many guys I know wouldn't want to do that.

Many bars are successful because they provide a good atmosphere and a good service. Many of us are willing to pay for that.

What ever makes you feel better.  You think those girls are checked?  Lol. Either way it doesn't matter,  as the girls in the bars are the ones on the apps, so once again forget the bar fine.  Give it to the ladies as a tip.  The bars are a Sausage fest now, and the ladies wont even think of returning after the new year.  So go ahead venture in to the bar where theres maybe two ladies and ten dudes.  Lol.  The way of the bars is being pushed away.  Walking street is being leveled, the current  government  wants the bar scene gone, the ladies are on line, the bars have raised their prices, and so much more in this equation.   But you go ahead, and think that all will be the way it was.  The times have changed, and the only purpose  of the bar now is alcohol.   The ladies have had two years to adapt and learn they dont need the pimps and bars, and that there are plenty of tourists  visiting  to exploit what they can't in other countries, on line.  A good atmosphere,  and good service,  rotflmao, you obviously  haven't been in one of these traps and hole in the walls that are being torn down.  You sound like you are trying to compare it to fine dining.   

Once again the same ladies you think so highly  of at the bars. Are all on line, its just a matter of cutting the pimp out.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Every man who thinks he's in a relationship with a woman is being tricked.

This is how relationships work.

"Where the woman gets no advantage, there will be no relationship" (Biffault's Law).

Yes!  Yes!  Its just their turn.  You get it!