16 January re-opening, what bars will be open

aussiexpat

19 minutes ago, champers said:

Live footage from vloggers last night showed bars open all along Soi Buakhao and on several side sois including LK Metro. Official confirmation is expected today.

Hope so. I'm doubtful. Guess time will tell. Buakhao and Treetown been blasting it for quite a while. That's nothing new.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, aussiexpat said:

My friend works at Beer Hub, so I see that'll be open

Did the Hopf, or Hopbrauhouse on soi 13 and beach road survive? Did Hooters?

Edit: I was coming 22 Dec but just cancelled due nothing open, I'm trying to get myself excited that 16 Jan will be better lol

Keep advertising to places you 'know' will be open and they will almost surely be closed by the time you get here.  Little has survived and with Omicron anticipated to spread mid January you may be buying the spirits at 7/11's.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, aussiexpat said:

I don't want to go off topic but the fear in your post made me quote something.

"Has anyone died of Omicron variant?

No, as it currently stands no-one has died as a result of the Omicron variant."

So not a single person in the entire World has died of, or even with the Omicron varient....why so scared?

https://www.goodto.com/wellbeing/health/symptoms-omicron-variant-anyone-died-639120

One person has in the UK.

Last night a good friend who owns a bar in Jomtien sent a message to me saying that her bar will be open on Friday 17 th December. Today it is being cleaned etc. I checked with another person in the trade and it was confirmed for the Pattaya area. Apparently the police are telling bar owners.

This is not a restaurant but a beer bar. They need to meet certain standards laid out, like an outside seating area, temp checks,  etc, the bar will close at 11.00pm on the dot! I am not sure why this has happened maybe somebody came to their senses?

I would be very interested if anyone else has heard any news!

On 12/12/2021 at 10:08 PM, aussiexpat said:

So it looks like a walk to Hungry hippo for lunch, hopefully seeing something open on LK Metro on the way ????

I'm hoping that my Aussie friend will have his bar open soon.  It's called Nu Bar on Soi Lengkee and he and his Thai wife run it.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, aussiexpat said:

My friend works at Beer Hub, so I see that'll be open

Did the Hopf, or Hopbrauhouse on soi 13 and beach road survive? Did Hooters?

Edit: I was coming 22 Dec but just cancelled due nothing open, I'm trying to get myself excited that 16 Jan will be better lol

Hopf probably not open..Hooters..who cares? You might find Bangkok has more action

12 hours ago, champers said:

All bars in Pattaya can open from tomorrow; no restaurant licences required, no go-gos or nightclubs can open yet. 

Those bars that have already opened today have jumped the gun a bit.

YT and social media is awash with this news. ????????????

YT and social media is awash with this news. But has it been made official by the governmental decree?

If it is official, do you have any links to it?

4 hours ago, champers said:

Live footage from vloggers last night showed bars open all along Soi Buakhao and on several side sois including LK Metro. Official confirmation is expected today.

So in reality, until the official government announcement, they are illegal.

• Like 1

Omicron.  One person in the UK has died WITH it.  Note, they're not saying OF it.  He was apparently diagnosed in hospital, so he was already in there for something.

They aren't giving us the full story.  Heart issues, head issues, liver, ........ tripped and broke his neck?  They're being careful not to say that Omicron killed him.

I pooh pooh'd the conspiracy theories for a long time, but I've come to believe that governments, here and abroad, have come to enjoy the control that Covid has given them.  It's a real disease and kills people, but it's come to be an excuse too.

Back to Thailand and this thread, the PM (who is the only person who matters really) seems to have come to the conclusion that the country needs to open, and that includes bars.  I can't see things going backwards without something major happening.   By 16 Jan, if anything is still closed, it'll be only GoGo's in my uninformed opinion. 

Or I could be completely wrong.  It happens.

• Like 1

In blue zone starting tomorrow... soapys still closed as are gogos. Will be able to drink out of a glass as opposed to flasks. Magic ball says there will be a spike after new year and things will be back to level <deleted>inpants... no way Gogos will open for next few months sadly imo... on a side note well worth checking out patong museum if in area!

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:

YT and social media is awash with this news. But has it been made official by the governmental decree?

If it is official, do you have any links to it?

So in reality, until the official government announcement, they are illegal.

Steer well clear of them then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

All of Thailand does. Hooters is a vile,  plastic American import. One of the worst places in Pattaya for mongering. Aimed at Arabs and Indians. Poor food, expensive prices and

lacking in character..

If you don't enjoy Hooters, says more about you than any other nationality you flame

• Confused 2

On 12/14/2021 at 11:07 AM, aussiexpat said:

If all these bars are open now I might as well come earlier after all. In fact if 5 star bar on the beach and Bodega bar are open on 2nd road that's not much different to my pre-covid routine ????

Sorry to burst yo bubble, but walked past Bodega today. Not looking like opening any time soon. Didn't get a look at 5 Star. 

1639552357379.jpg.ebfe4f7dfb10c1c7d31c6f70c5516335.jpg

1639552325734.jpg.970fd15f5a340e412f2b4424cd43eb7b.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. That's the rumor

Just came back from Rompoh Market in Jomtien and Soi 7 Jomtien. Nearly all the bars are being cleaned  and you can see delivery of beer etc.

Some bars are actually open today. A lot of police can be seen walking around. So I don't think its rumor, it is happening!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Just came back from Rompoh Market in Jomtien and Soi 7 Jomtien. Nearly all the bars are being cleaned  and you can see delivery of beer etc.

Some bars are actually open today. A lot of police can be seen walking around. So I don't think its rumor, it is happening!

Yes I believe so.

10 hours ago, champers said:

1 hour ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Have to admit there are more bars open in Jomtien already this evening than the previous 7+ months and even just yesterday. Still a BIB raid or 20 will put a quick end to the fun. Still haven't seen any official announcement.

• Like 1

Just talked to a couple girls working beer bars on Jomtien Beach Soi 7. They both told me their bars had just "obtained" restaurant licenses. They also said same about the other newly opened bars in the area, tho did not verify. As assumed, neither had food nor menus yet!????

Seems today was the mass issuance day of such "restaurant"  licenses. 

Edited by Skeptic7

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You gather wrong. A correct restaurant licence has to be applied for, paid for and pass appropriate inspections.

I was aware of that, just lazy to write. From photos I've seen from friends it seems a lot of drinking going on but not much food. Just one small dish and carryon drinking. I'm sure all the bars, sorry, restaurants, are adhering to the two hour visit rule????

Edited by Petey11