Jomtien Office Retirement Visa Extension Experience

Just now, Longwood50 said:

Now if a person is renting why would they need a copy of the Chanote and a blue book?   I am living with my GF she is Thai.  The Chanote is in her name and so is the blue book.  How would that prove that I am living there? 

I don't rent, I own where I live. I am not sure how you prove where you live. If you rent, I believe a copy of the lease and a copy of the owner's ID card are required.

Edited by Banana7

6 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

I don't rent, I own where I live. I am not sure how you prove where you live. If you rent, I believe a copy of the lease and a copy of the owner's ID card are required.

I concur.

I take copy of original lease plus updated current version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Longwood50 said:

Condo or home?  Seems like the TM30 would be the appropriate document.  After all I can own a home in the name of a company and rent out the home, the same is true with a condo.  Having the Chanote and blue book shows that I own it, not a verification that I actually reside there.  

Even the TM30 is nothing more that a statement of where I reside.  It really does not prove that is where I stay.  

You honestly wonder what the H they do with all of the hard copy paperwork and once collected does anyone ever look at it.  

I don't have all the answers. The IO asked "show me proof of where you live" and she accepted a copy of my chanote and blue book. I own a condo.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now if a person is renting why would they need a copy of the Chanote and a blue book?   I am living with my GF she is Thai.  The Chanote is in her name and so is the blue book.  How would that prove that I am living there? 

A simple statement stating done by her that you are living with her with signed copies of her house book and ID card.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

signed copies of her house book and ID card.

Correct. That's what a frenchman who is living in a rented appartement in my building told me when he came back from Immigration Jomtien today.

According to him he never had to provide this before. The contract and a letter by the Conde Management was enough.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

. Last year, TM30 proof of address was adequate, this year TM30 not adequate, a copy of chanote and blue book was sufficient to satisfy proof of address

So turns out you own condo.

Who did the TM30 for you last year? 

With regards to required chanote and blue book a mention of fact you own condo would explain that.

Of course the majority of folk obtaining extension do not necessarily own a condo.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did they specifically ask for both blue book and copy of chanote?

Not specifically. The IO asked "show me proof of where you live" . I offered copy of  my chanote and bluebook and she accepted it.

It's best to go prepared to show acceptable "proof of where you live". In this thread there are multiple examples of what is acceptable. You can try something different than what's been mentioned, the risk is yours. If you arrive unprepared to provide acceptable proof, you may have to line-up a second time, returning with the "proof".

Also, I highly recommend avoiding arguments with the IO, or questioning them about how they do their job like "why do you need this or that" or telling them how to do their job.  This type of dialogue could result in being asked to leave before your extension is provided, or being given an extension of less than 1 year, which was the case for one foreigner who was arguing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Not specifically. The IO asked "show me proof of where you live" . I offered copy of  my chanote and bluebook and she accepted it.

It's best to go prepared to show acceptable "proof of where you live". In this thread there are multiple examples of what is acceptable

In other words you offered that and it was accepted.

Your Jomtien report reads like that was required. In fact there are alternatives depending on various circumstances. 

Frankly a report being surprised about banking requirements and where you live etc.

At least next year you will be aware of what's required. 

Regarding this part of your post.....

"Also, I highly recommend avoiding arguments with the IO, or questioning them about how they do their job like "why do you need this or that" or telling them how to do their job".

My advice is to be aware of what's required and present it.

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would any of that be a surprise. The io would need to see bank balance and all pages since previous extension. Obviously photocopies for all of that period..

If that's an old and new bank book then so be it. 

Don't understand some immigration offices reference to TM30. 

Has nothing to do with annual extensions. 

At Jomtien, one has to return 90 days after the extension is approved to provide a copy of the bank book balance pages showing 800,000b or more for the 90 days. To show the period balances since the last extension, is a duplicate check on the 90 day period. The renewal balance check needs only to be done for the last 9 months.

6 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

At Jomtien, one has to return 90 days after the extension is approved to provide a copy of the bank book balance pages showing 800,000b or more for the 90 days. To show the period balances since the last extension, is a duplicate check on the 90 day period. The renewal balance check needs only to be done for the last 9 months.

Various reports from folk using Jomtien is that the 90 day report back is hit and miss.

I would be shocked if they only look back 9 months.

In any event that's not what you stated. Here is snipit of OP.

"Last year the bank letter and photo copy of bank book transactions for the last 3 months was adequate" 

Where did 3 months come from. 

I will stop there. Personally find your account of little help for annual extensions. 

just did my marriage there ,i had all my paperwork ,but she said my bank letter was not right ,and my money in bank was no good as not enough money in money out ? what? there has been over 400 k in the new book for 5 months ,and the bank letter was just that saying my account was from 2011(the bank has changed from thanachart to tbb,anyway went back to bank they could not understand  what she wanted so just worded the letter a bit different ,

got back walked straight in to no6 she sat us down ,looked at the old letter and the new (think she realized she was wrong but would not admit it) said ok ,come back next month ,what a waste of time ,by the way the ques were massive .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Various reports from folk using Jomtien is that the 90 day report back is hit and miss.

I would be shocked if they only look back 9 months.

In any event that's not what you stated. Here is snipit of OP.

"Last year the bank letter and photo copy of bank book transactions for the last 3 months was adequate" 

Where did 3 months come from. 

I will stop there. Personally find your account of little help for annual extensions. 

Do you bring your original bank book with you when you do your extension?

Have you or anyone else ever heard of the IO wanting to examine your original bank book for a retirement extension?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Have you or anyone else ever heard of the IO wanting to examine your original bank book for a retirement extension?

Now it is official 12 month bank Statement, bank confirmation letter and they look at your original book (books) also.  I believe these are the minimum requirements for a hassle free extension.

I use my pink ID card as my address confirmation.

With these docs, in/out in 10 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

They always did when doing my ret ext ...., and on the copy's they mark the last date and former ext. date on the bankbook copy's   with yellow marker point ......i could notice , making it easy i think for the behind desk officers to check for the relevant  periods and stamping the ext. on passport , as the outside desk officers doing the preview check 

14 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I take a copy of my partners Chanote and blue book as the house is in her name. Been doing this for 12 years.

A little horror story:

Several years ago, a friend of mine, who had been living at the same address 10 years, was required to go get his "original" rental agreement and prove rental payments for the last year before a 90 day report would be accepted.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Copy of signed lease, photo copy of owners ID with their signature and phone number have always been requested from me.  

To add, I never go early but around 1115 am.  Usually no waiting all the early folks are cleaned out.

be aware they close for lunch from 11.30 an to 1.00 pm.

• Like 1