Anutin declares he's ready to be the next Prime Minister of Thailand

webfact

My previously "pro government" friends are now talking about their annoyance with this stuff openly, unlike a few years back. They seem angry at the condition of things and would say they believe their government let the people down when they could have helped. This is a pretty significant movement for the "middle" of Thai politics, at least as I can understand it.

I think the woke Thais who have connections outside the country are pretty fed up and sophisticated/wealthy enough to enact some movement now, and wouldn't be surprised to see more start to happen.

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Seems to be the normal (wrong) way things are done here....put a very rich know it all in charge of something he knows absolutely nothing about and then move him upwards into an even more serious job he knows even less about !

All very predictable Thai Politics; and in my opinion things are going to get a lot worse before there is any hope of them getting any better.

Is the UK , US situation any better ? Quality of politicians across the globe is low .

Most smart individuals have better things to do than be embroiled in politics. 

Good luck Mr Anutin

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin stressed his continuing allegiance to PM Prayuth but said that when he steps down he is ready to step into the breech as a fully elected leader of Thailand, reported Sanook. 

how will he manage to get fully ellected leader...... oh, I get it, grab power like the other one did, that's a funny way of getting fully elected

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

No need for insults, it's common knowledge.

Are you saying farang shower as many times as Thais or just being argumentative?

Right,so you endorse an insult,but become offended when it’s implied you may also fit the same criteria . Do you see a logic disconnect there? Or ,if I understand you’re native Thai..? then you have proved the ‘common knowledge' that Thais are dimmer than Farang.? There is actually better empirical evidence for that care of the PISA educational tables and googling‘average IQ by country'. I’ll understand if you’re now baffled… ???? 

• Like 2

Well, he certainly generated  a bucket load of responses from this forum - mostly all not relishing his ambitions. I would suggest the louder he talks the talk it doesn't matter if he doesn't walk the walk, as Boris Johnson has demonstrated once he became UK PM.  

As an aside I only trusted Ben Wallace from all other UK ministers to tell us the truth about the Afghanistan withdrawals. My candidate to replace Johnson.  Perhaps a similar Thai competitor will out 'Tin Can' from politics.  There's always hope, folks.  

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Start what? 

All I said was that anutin had a point when he said farang shower less than Thai, then I was attacked for being racist. I used 'farang' as that is what he used. 

I know, as a Scot, that Thais shower a lot more than the average Scot, full stop. 

Too many sensitive snowflakes here that exhibit a colonial reverse superiority. Can't have them pesky Siamese saying they are more hygienic than us! 

But you had to start embellishing the stories .Chinese are never called Farang, and I have never heard a Thai call themselves a farang for instance.Funny,I normally get along well with Scots.My Grandfather was one.

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1