Anutin declares he's ready to be the next Prime Minister of Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

he did say farang don't shower as much as Thais, which is true. 

I will bite.

Generalizations are always wrong when there are exceptions.

Especially if a self-proclaiming PM candidate is incapable of differentiating and essentially only builds up enemy picture politics.

Btw. The real Thai shower champions I know are the girls in the Soapys and Massage Parlors.

If they have 5 customers a day, they shower at least 10 times (before and after with each costumer) a day.

Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. 

To be honest: Are Anutin's words really so wrong? In pre Covid times walking around in Pattaya's "bar sois" I had the impression, some of these people NEVER shower.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Direct quote from his outburst at Chiang Mai in March 2020:-

“At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

If this is the quote what he said, so what's not true what he said? 

20 minutes ago, Saanim said:

If this is the quote what he said, so what's not true what he said? 

I was replying to Neeranam who quoted him as saying "farang don't shower as much as Thais, which is true." which is NOT what he actually said.

A bit pedantic, but if you are going to quote somebody - quote them, but don't twist the words to suit your agenda.

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Knew he wanted it. Say goodbye foreigners. He hates us.

Anutin may be a xenephobe - it is difficult to know exactly what he believes in (except Anutin!) as he bumps his gums apparently randomly and inconsistently on a wide almost unlimited variety of topics!

However, were he to become PM he would realise ( or soon be reminded by a variety of influential people) to be very careful.

Thailand has a large and very influential "power broking" class. Virtually all of them have considerable exposure in terms of investment, property, education and good old fashioned wealth stashed away in many Western countries. This applies right to the very top echelons of Thai society. As PM he is to some considerable extent reliant on the backing, or at least tolerance from, these people. If he were to indulge in xenophobic policies, making life difficult for foreign residents here, then these people "of influence" may become concerned about the countries where they hold investments and stache their wealth starting to take an interest in that money's providence. 

I don't think that is a risk they would want to run!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Anutin may be a xenephobe - it is difficult to know exactly what he believes in (except Anutin!) as he bumps his gums apparently randomly and inconsistently on a wide almost unlimited variety of topics!

However, were he to become PM he would realise ( or soon be reminded by a variety of influential people) to be very careful.

Thailand has a large and very influential "power broking" class. Virtually all of them have considerable exposure in terms of investment, property, education and good old fashioned wealth stashed away in many Western countries. This applies right to the very top echelons of Thai society. As PM he is to some considerable extent reliant on the backing, or at least tolerance from, these people. If he were to indulge in xenophobic policies, making life difficult for foreign residents here, then these people "of influence" may become concerned about the countries where they hold investments and stache their wealth starting to take an interest in that money's providence. 

I don't think that is a risk they would want to run!

Most Thais are xenophobic. Thaksin takes the cake in the xenophobia department . The junta appointed businessman Anand Payarachun was one of the few 'farang friendly' primeministers. A bit of enlightenment in a long list of clowns.Maybe Anutin can set new standards for buffoonery, but he has his work cut for him by the likes Barnharn, General Chavalit, the buffet prime Minister Chatichai, Samak.... 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

To be honest: Are Anutin's words really so wrong? In pre Covid times walking around in Pattaya's "bar sois" I had the impression, some of these people NEVER shower.

555. Then he should say it differently. But the generalization is bad. For a minister of state or self-appointed PM successor, there is diplomatic delicacy a quality feature. When a bar chair neighbor in a gloomy Pattaya pub says: All Chinese like poop on the street, I can live with it. But not when a minister says so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

True but ALL nationalities not just Farangs

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, steevjee said:

Wrong on both counts.

I’m not English but almost certainly would believe their press before I’d believe the Thai government controlled media, they are simply puppets and the BS Road fatality numbers and Covid numbers they report are solid proof of that

Do Thais shower 3 times a day? Most farang I know shower twice a day

Thats a bit weird,  That you know exactly how many times a day people shower, dont you think ?

You should never believe the british press

6 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

555. Then he should say it differently. But the generalization is bad. For a minister of state or self-appointed PM successor, there is diplomatic delicacy a quality feature. When a bar chair neighbor in a gloomy Pattaya pub says: All Chinese like poop on the street, I can live with it. But not when a minister says so.

He did not really generalize by saying "many".

"Many TGs see us westerners as walking ATMs" is no generalization, is it?

But sure, a minister should avoid such moronic statements. Outside Thailand at least. Here things are different and even convicted Heroin dealers and idiotic generals can get high positions in the so called government. ????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin Charvirakul declared at the weekend that he is ready to lead Thailand and become the next Prime Minister.

We moved out of Thailand in 2016 two years after the current Junta took over. (We visit a few months a year now)

But if we still lived there & Anutin became PM we would move out in less than two weeks ????

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I will bite.

Generalizations are always wrong when there are exceptions.

Especially if a self-proclaiming PM candidate is incapable of differentiating and essentially only builds up enemy picture politics.

Btw. The real Thai shower champions I know are the girls in the Soapys and Massage Parlors.

If they have 5 customers a day, they shower at least 10 times (before and after with each costumer) a day.

Indeed, he should be more careful what he says, but remember Thailand isn't woke like the West and call a spade a spade when it comes to foreigners. 

So prostitutes shower a lot, hardly surprising is it? I'm sure they shower after each monger where you come from. 

Edited by Neeranam