Had the CM Mix (Sinovac-AstraZeneca)…..Thai Booster Logic?

SamSanuk

Those who got THE MIX of Sinovac-AstraZeneca are being offered another AZ as a booster.

YET, in England, Land of AZ, they are recommending an mRNA as booster. Same here in Thailand: two AZ are getting Pfizer as a booster.

So, are there concerns here? Why not a choice for The Mix? 

What are your thoughts? Are we getting the proper booster based on Omicron?

12 minutes ago, SamSanuk said:

Those who got THE MIX of Sinovac-AstraZeneca are being offered another AZ as a booster.

Where/how in CM is this being offered please as I would like my booster if and when it is considered necessary?

PS; I had my mixed jabs earlier at McCormack,

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Friends of us got the Sinovac - AZ shot and got the Pfizer booster

Another friend got Sinovac - Sinovac and they got Pfizer

I got Pfizer - Pfizer and wondering what I am going to get (3 months are up)

As @Crossy said take what you can get!

Pfizer + Pfizer = 6 months until the booster.....Who knows what trail of logic will be defined by then.....

2 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

So, are there concerns here? Why not a choice for The Mix? 

I don't think there are any concerns, it's simply a matter of what finds a high acceptance and they have to use the AZ doses that they have.

People who got SV+AZ before will probably be ok to receive another dose of AZ, so that's what they offer.

Edited by jackdd

• 2 weeks later...

OP - in England nobody got Sinovac.....  AZ and AZ yes but not Sinovac and AZ.  I know as I am currently in England and have that combo as I got vaccinated in Thailand and now they aren't dishing out AZ here which is what the Thai governement recommends so I am unsure of what to get....

On 12/20/2021 at 5:37 PM, MJCM said:

Friends of us got the Sinovac - AZ shot and got the Pfizer booster

Another friend got Sinovac - Sinovac and they got Pfizer

I got Pfizer - Pfizer and wondering what I am going to get (3 months are up)

As @Crossy said take what you can get!

It appears that those who got the pfizer and pfizer, as many did at McCormickj hospital, are expected to wait for 6 months from second dose for a booster as that is the Pfizer recommended timeframe.  However, many and myself included, would like to get a booster now, but several of my friends were turned away as they, like most from McCormick, are only about 4 months from second dose.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Will B Good said:

AZ seems to have quietly disappeared as an option in the UK.....(after being claimed to be yet another world beating invention of the Tories).

I would say get an mRNA booster for definite.

Wise advice based on your comprehensive medical background I'm sure. But I would say in Thailand you get what you are offered, as they aren't exactly rolling them all off the production lines here themselves to pick and choose.

28 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

It appears that those who got the pfizer and pfizer, as many did at McCormickj hospital, are expected to wait for 6 months from second dose for a booster as that is the Pfizer recommended timeframe.  However, many and myself included, would like to get a booster now, but several of my friends were turned away as they, like most from McCormick, are only about 4 months from second dose.

Same story at MedPark ( Bangkok ) ,

2 x Pfizer = mRNA booster 6 months later 

2 x AZ = mRNA booster 3 months later 

2 x Sinopharm = mRNA booster 1 month later.

Indeed the boosters now seem to be mRNA , AZ and Sinovac seem to be dropping off the map, availability probably being the major factor.
Wonder how much the much hyped AZ factory here in Thailand actually produced ??

Edited by Andrew Dwyer