Why bury?

1FinickyOne

53 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Perhaps this is the answer: https://www.loop-of-life.com/product

Presenting the Loop of Life, Living Cocoon, Living Coffin made of mushroom fibers. Contact with groundwater upon burial reactivate the mushroom spores and it comes alive. Within 45 days...poof!...you are at one with nature!

Corpse mushrooms, delicious! ????

22 hours ago, Stocky said:

Why do you need a grave to remember someone? I remember friends and family everyday through favourite walks, places, foods, music, films and a thousand and one other things that prompt a memory. 

Stop making sense!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sipi said:

I'm gonna get burnt and deposited in one of those cute little boxes at the local village temple grounds. They can water me every Songkran.

I like those columns so much (especially the glittery mirror tiled ones) I suggested to the Thai Mrs buying one for the garden. We keep four cremation urns at home. Could place them inside or just have the column as an ornament. But the Mrs doesn't think that's at all right!

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

For me, and most I would think, being buried alive would be a horrible thing... why would anyone want to be buried after they are dead?

What the about being burned alive, why would anyone want to be burned after they are dead...:whistling:

It seems however like we all might have a choice with ashes instead of earth, and even dust – what is one going to do for becoming dust? – "...we therefore commit this body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life"...????

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

What the about being burned alive, why would anyone want to be burned after they are dead...:whistling:

It seems however like we all might have a choice with ashes instead of earth, and even dust – what is one going to do for becoming dust? – "...we therefore commit this body to the ground, earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life"...????

just a better picture for my mind to be blowing free in the wind as opposed to be trapped in a claustrophobic box... 

I don't really get the religious part... 

During Victorian times they would leave the coffin lying around for a week or so in case the person was not quite dead. Even then, the stinking corpse was often buried with a bell connected to a string tied to the corpses hand in case they suddenly revived.

After all, if Jesus Christ could do it, why couldn't your loved one?

The guy who patented the ringing bell made a fortune, but suffered from paranio in his old age. He feared being buried alive and finally burnt himself.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1