Israeli tourist who spent four days on the run after testing positive for COVID arrested in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Sure thing. Its not as if you actually have any evidence that Israeli Jews usually get special treatment here.

Israelis are highly respected here in Thailand by the authorites. They have close diplomatic relations and economic partnerships. Many Thais use their agricultural skills working on the Kibbutz system. Israelis take more care of their citizens than the Brits or Americans. Saudis and Kuwaitis also have influence here.

4 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Just like the 2 cruise ships that are full of ONLY vaccinated people ,passengers and crew , which both now have COVID outbreak of over 50 people 

I guess your reading comprehension is not very good. What part of 'it doesn't stop it 100%' are you having problems comprehending? Also, do you know how many thousands of people are on a cruise ship? And in abnormally close quarters.  See if you are not soup-brained you can start critically thinking about these things and not reading click-bait alarmist headlines only. 

Let's look at why vaccines are good, at, reducing death rates:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

Edited by PremiumLane
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why would you assume its political? False positives and negatives aren't exactly super rare.

He [the Israeli tourist] arrived, entered Test & Go... did his PCR test, then left the hotel (did a runner ? or just walked out and was allowed by the hotel ? (report that hotels have been allowing guests to leave here).

His PCR (1) test was positive. His absence was reported to Thonglor Police who issued an arrest warrant.

The Israeli Tourist travelled to Pattaya and then to Samui. 

He [the Israeli] took a test (2) in Samui, the result was negative.

He [the Israeli] handed himself in while still in Samui and another (official) test (3) was taken, this was also negative (as reported here).

Then news is released this evening (reported here) that the sample taken in Samui was trasported to Bangkok where it was tested again, the result was positive for Omicron. 

----------

Why would I assume the positive Omicron test is political ???????..... 

I base this assumption on the manner in which officials operate in Thailand - They are playing the game to refocus the optics in their favour rather than holding greater concern for truth.

There have been reports of SHA++ hotels allowing guests to leave before the PCR results are issued - did he really escape ?

Following reports that the Israeli tested negative with the tests he took in Samui there was / is a lot of discussion regarding false positives and the costly reaction / requirements. From the perspective of social medial this removed the ‘heat’ from the Israeli Tourist and re-directs it towards Thailands testing procedures (i.e. re-directs the attention towards the authorities). 

The discovery that the swab result was in fact positive and not only for Covid-19, but for the Omicron variant re-focuses the heat very firmly on the Israeli tourist and once again away from the authorities.

I’m rather cynical when something such as this conveniently occurs and plays into the very hands of those hoping for a little deflection. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

Here is my prediction.

This tourist will be deported and blacklisted.

Most likely he won't be imprisoned.

It would be bad PR for Thailand to lock up tourists based on health violations.

Nothing at all with him being Israeli or conspiracy theories about magical Israeli Jewish power in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

Just now, Jingthing said:

Here is my prediction.

Nothing at all with him being Israeli or conspiracy theories about magical Israeli Jewish power in Thailand.

I think thats the most likely outcome. 

I’m ignoring the ‘Israeli / Jewish’ comments, none make any sense, neither are any of the ‘discussed issues’ likely to come into play at all. 

I would be interested to know exactly what this ‘escape’ involved. There have been reports of SHA++ hotels allowing their guests to leave before the results of the PCR tests are known. 

Was the guy simply told he could leave any time after he takes his PCR test ????  I wouldn’t exclude this as a possibility given Thailands propensity for those in positions to make decisions and offer advice not to know the regulations. 

Did this guy realise he was in the news.... became worried, took a PCR test which was negative, handed himself in (in Samui), they took another test, which was negative. Then all seemed ok, nearly, apart from the ‘escape’ part - which simply may have been the hotel saving face. 

Then of course there is the issue of ‘positive’ then ’negative’ tests....    something with this whole story is rather questionable - the Israeli guy himself may not have known he was doing anything wrong when he left the hotel. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Here is my prediction.

I am pro Israel. I do not subscribe to racist or anti Semitic conspiracy theories. Nor do I promote them. I oppose them. Perhaps you should take neutral comments at face value without projecting your conspiracy theories on to them..

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I am pro Israel. I do not subscribe to racist or anti Semitic conspiracy theories. Nor do I promote them. I oppose them. Perhaps you should take neutral comments at face value without projecting your conspiracy theories on to them..

Promoting tropes of Jewish control is extremely questionable.

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think thats the most likely outcome. 

I’m ignoring the ‘Israeli / Jewish’ comments, none make any sense, neither are any of the ‘discussed issues’ likely to come into play at all. 

I would be interested to know exactly what this ‘escape’ involved. There have been reports of SHA++ hotels allowing their guests to leave before the results of the PCR tests are known. 

Was the guy simply told he could leave any time after he takes his PCR test ????  I wouldn’t exclude this as a possibility given Thailands propensity for those in positions to make decisions and offer advice not to know the regulations. 

Did this guy realise he was in the news.... became worried, took a PCR test which was negative, handed himself in (in Samui), they took another test, which was negative. Then all seemed ok, nearly, apart from the ‘escape’ part - which simply may have been the hotel saving face. 

Then of course there is the issue of ‘positive’ then ’negative’ tests....    something with this whole story is rather questionable - the Israeli guy himself may not have known he was doing anything wrong when he left the hotel. 

For the record my I never mentioned Jews. Somebody else didbto inflame things. I was referring to the idea that some nations use their influence to look after their citizens. I wish mine did

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Promoting tropes of Jewish control is extremely questionable.

I did not. I never mentioned jews. You did. I also referred to Saudis and Kuwaitis. Anyway you got no right to sit in moral judgment over me. It's pure arrogant entitlement on your part. You seek offense when there is none. You don't fool me but perhaps yourself. You owe me an apology.

• Sad 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

For the record my I never mentioned Jews. Somebody else didbto inflame things. I was referring to the idea that some nations use their influence to look after their citizens. I wish mine did

Israel is the one Jewish state in the world. I'm sure you weren't referring to Palestinian Israelis having special power in Thailand. Your claimed intentions are irrelevant. Promoting tropes is not good.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Israel is the one Jewish state in the world. I'm sure you weren't referring to Palestinian Israelis having special power in Thailand. Your claimed intentions are irrelevant. Promoting tropes is not good.

Be careful. Some people might take what you are saying as bigoted based on your mind reading ability. lol. You are being silly. I have clearly statd my position and intention. Save your outrage for something worthwhile. You are aware that Israelis include Christians and Muslims who all get equal diplomatic support. to be honest..you sound a bit damaged. My Israeli Pals are proud of their country's loyalty to their citizens when travelling abroad..I don't won't to rebuke you but I expected better from you and foolishly perhaps, some original thought not knee jerk victimhood...Not a living 'trope'. Take care and take time to read what I wrote, not what others wrote or ascribed to me or what you think I meant.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Be careful. Some people might take what you are saying as bigoted based on your mind reading ability. lol. You are being silly. I have clearly statd my position and intention. Save your outrage for something worthwhile. You are aware that Israelis include Christians and Muslims who all get equal diplomatic support. to be honest..you sound a bit damaged. My Israeli Pals are proud of their country's loyalty to their citizens when travelling abroad..I don't won't to rebuke you but I expected better from you and foolishly perhaps, some original thought not knee jerk victimhood...Not a living 'trope'. Take care and take time to read what I wrote, not what others wrote or ascribed to me or what you think I meant.

Some of my best friends are

Think what you want.

You asserted something that you couldn't prove.

Having good high level diplomatic relations is not the same thing as having the power to demand and get special treatment for every Israeli in trouble in Thailand.

To add many self described "friends" of Israel also happen to be the same people broadcasting tropes. There is a most famous one like that recently in the news who I won't mention.

Edited by Jingthing

43 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

He didn't have COVID, what treatment do you think he should have had?

And how much do you think he should have paid for the treatment he didn't need?

100,000bht, 200,000bht?

He did have Covid, a third test confirmed that. stop spreading

His first test returned positive (he’d already left the hotel before the result was issued).

He tested negative twice in Samui.

The same ‘test swab’ was sent to Bangkok for further testing and was found to be positive for Omicron (if that can be believed).

So.... its 2:2 positive to negative at the moment. He really should be afforded an independent test but is that possible when there may now be an agenda behind ensuring this guy is positive ?

The agenda being that the authorities did well saving the masses from this guy rather than oops we had a false positive...... And the authorities now have someone to blame for a domestic outbreak other than porous borders !!!!....

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So it's Omicron and its likely he spread it here because it spreads like spreading is going out of style.

But he's no.patient zero.

It was already here.

You say "it's likely he spread it here" and then you say "it was already here"???

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Then I'm even more sorry for you.

It must be hard to realize that flogging is no option anymore in civilized countries.

No need to feel sorry for me, and it is not hard at all for me to know that flogging unfortunately isn't an option in the "civilized" world, but it should be for guys like him! I don't wanna know how many people he infected with the Omicron variant while he was on the loose. If one is as inconsiderate and selfish as he is and willingly risks the life of other people just so he can enjoy his fricking holiday, you know, the one he shouldn't be on to begin with during a global pandemic, instead of staying in quarantine then the punishment needs to be severe in my book. The West has become way too soft. Playing nice doesn't work. Time to step up the game. By the way, I really don't care what you think of me for having that opinion! If it makes you think of me as a caveman then so be it! 

Edited by pacovl46

177 replies and 7 pages and its all because the man did what millions others are doing, walking among us un-vaccinated, with millions others refusing to be vaxxed, traveling to countries marked to be red over run with hundreds of thousands of infected people both aware of if or not and coming back to infect others, and Oh, he got picked on and mocked because he's a Jew/Israeli, who said that antisemitism is dead?...

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

177 replies and 7 pages and its all because the man did what millions others are doing, walking among us un-vaccinated, with millions others refusing to be vaxxed, traveling to countries marked to be red over run with hundreds of thousands of infected people both aware of if or not and coming back to infect others, and Oh, he got picked on and mocked because he's a Jew/Israeli, who said that antisemitism is dead?...

What utter nonsense!

. This has nothing to do with antisemitism.

There would be the same comments, if the man was British, German, American or whatever.

More concerning than your "antisemitism"-BS is the tar and feather mentality some hysterical idiots show.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

What utter nonsense!

. This has nothing to do with antisemitism.

There would be the same comments, if the man was British, German, American or whatever.

More concerning than your "antisemitism"-BS is the tar and feather mentality some hysterical idiots show.

Read the posts buddy, comments like crucify him and put him in jail with Arabs and Iranians would not have been made had he was a "if the man was British, German, American or whatever"....

• Like 1