Thai police launch crackdown on prostitution

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The spokesman of the Royal Thai Police has clearly accepted that there is indeed prostitution in Thailand.

Oh, my Buddha! There goes Prayut's dream of Thailand becoming a favourite destination for high-spending families and quality tourists. Might as well revert to Plan B and start advertising to the cheap charlie wifebeater set in the likes of the Sun and the Star, lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that his chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk had ordered a New Year crackdown by crime suppression to stop the spread of Covid-19 at such places. 

Okay, so it's not actually a crackdown on prostitution as the headline suggests. It's a crackdown on the spread of Covid-19 which is a different thing altogether. Maybe the RTP will just insist on the soapy massage parlours and karaoke bars having thermometers and hand gel. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj-Gen Yingyot Themjamnong didn't use that name - he used the euphemism of "sathan borikan".

But how can the police explain this to their mia noi's what an absolute crock of you know what ........................LOL

Reminds me about the site "In the Crack"!

They for sure have nothing to do, and one come up with this idea.

What will be next? I`m sure we will soon have another surprise!

I used to live near a restaurant/short term hotel off Ratchada frequented by older Thai men, visiting businessmen and their much younger Mia nois. Their business would plummet over 90% if this crackdown really took place, as would happen with every similar place throughout Thailand. Without tourists, the industry overall  is really suffering, and I am sure there would be many seriously <deleted>-off owners who have invested millions of baht now seeing no chance of any return. This tells me it’s not going to happen.

• Like 1