A look at the brand new Cowboy Resort in Pattaya-Yeehaw!

snoop1130

cbresort2-1024x684.jpg

Just before the past holiday weekend, TPN media was invited to visit the brand new Cowboy Resort, located just outside of Pattaya, and had a delightful time.

First off, if you prefer a video look at the resort, you can see a live video we took the day of our visit in English:

The Cowboy Resort has only been open for about two months and the owner is excited to present a Country-Western-inspired resort right in the heart of Chonburi and Nongprue.  The resort is located not far from the Phoenix Gold Golf and Country Club which many of our English readers are likely familiar with. You can see a direct map here, and it is easily reachable from the number 7 highway located by Ocean Marina Yacht Club on Sukhumvit in Pattaya.

The Resort is far more than “just a resort”, featuring comfortable, clean rooms in a variety of types and styles, a spacious swimming pool, horseback riding, bicycle riding, the Cowboy Cafe and Restaurant featuring a full menu of both delicious European and Thai food, a full bar, live music, and Cowboy shows/fire shows/stunt shows every weekend, and much more! The resort also is partnered with a local fishing cafe company and provides shuttles to their fishing cafe for a relaxing fishing experience centered around octopus/squid daily. They can also provide yacht trips to popular locations around Pattaya such as Koh Larn.

The Cowboy Resort is set in a beautiful, quiet, natural setting outside of the main city and is perfect for people who want to “escape” the often frantic and fast-paced environment of Central Pattaya or Bangkok, we note. On weekends at night (Fridays and Saturdays), it is a perfect place to enjoy a few drinks in a natural environment with entertaining live music and thrilling shows involving fire, daggers, lassos, weapon spinning, stunts, and more Country-Western oriented shows.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/27/a-look-at-the-brand-new-cowboy-resort-in-pattaya-yeehaw/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Resort is far more than “just a resort”, featuring comfortable, clean rooms in a variety of types and styles, a spacious swimming pool, horseback riding, bicycle riding,

No saddle provided [pun intended] and the village bike is available 24/7

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Sounds absolutely terrifying.

What type of clientele are they hoping to attract?  Thais?  Japanese?  Russians?  Not Americans I hope.

Thais. Cowboys are a big thing here. See all the cowboy festivals inaugurated around New Year. Went to one myself at Khao Yai. Great fun, sitting on a haybale with a tower of beer, surveying the scene. Only Farang I remember was a guy dressed as a gunslinger, getting lots of selfies. Usual stuff - a bull bucking machine, huskies, and a big cowboy themed market.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

If you had the money to build a resort like this, why would you ? Looks like a high risk money pit. Like a fancy bar some farang sinks a bunch of money into. Then 2 years later you see the place shuttered.

Unless you understand the Thai market. Looks like an anti covid place to me, will attract a lot of the domestic market, yet still be attractive should the international market take off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You fear fun and don't understand  people who enjoy life and assume everything is a ripped off. Happy Christmas

Jai yen yen mate. Why are you so bent out of shape, on a public forum that is irrelevant to reality? 

I'm not a Christian so Christmas is irrelevant to me. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's common greeting given  and received  throughout the world

Only among Christians old son.  I doubt that Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, atheist's, agnostics etc bother with such a greeting. 

As for Thai rip offs, well, if you don't see them everywhere here, then you must be a plum target for the scammers. 

I'm now done with this post

48 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Jai yen yen mate. Why are you so bent out of shape, on a public forum that is irrelevant to reality? 

I'm not a Christian so Christmas is irrelevant to me. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Only among Christians old son.  I doubt that Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, atheist's, agnostics etc bother with such a greeting. 

As for Thai rip offs, well, if you don't see them everywhere here, then you must be a plum target for the scammers. 

My Thai acquaintances (who as you would expect are Buddhists) love to say Merry Christmas.

In places where Christmas is celebrated people of all faiths and no faiths say Merry Christmas just to share good feelings. Happy holidays is cool too, who cares? I'm not Christian but my kid just now quit believing in Santa (she is 42 years old) cuz we always celebrated Christmas.

Christmas has kind of transcended Christianity cuz Santa and sharing gifts is fun.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you Doctor Tom, sincerely.

Edited by cdemundo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Oh it's a pretty well-known  and welcome  greeting this time of the all over the world only rejected by curmudgeons and religious  extremists. As for being cheated.  Only gullible  idiots get ripped off in Thailand.. lol. Experienced travellers who have been around the world know this. Happy Christmas and Shalom!

• Like 1

Just now, cdemundo said:

My Thai acquaintances (who as you would expect are Buddhists) love to say Merry Christmas.

In places where Christmas is celebrated people of all faiths and no faiths say Merry Christmas just to share good feelings. Happy holidays is cool too, who cares? I'm not Christian but my kid just now quit believing in Santa (she is 42 years old) cuz we always celebrated Christmas.

Christmas has kind of transcended Christianity cuz Santa and sharing gifts is fun.

Of course. You are correct

• Like 1

I'm from Oregon: lots of cowboys and rodeos, most famous being the Pendleton round up. Best name of a real hotel there is "Let'er Buck Hotel"... been there long time. Seems could be used maybe here? 1910 pendleton let er buck vintage rodeo poster one day

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nausea said:

Thais. Cowboys are a big thing here. See all the cowboy festivals inaugurated around New Year. Went to one myself at Khao Yai. Great fun, sitting on a haybale with a tower of beer, surveying the scene. Only Farang I remember was a guy dressed as a gunslinger, getting lots of selfies. Usual stuff - a bull bucking machine, huskies, and a big cowboy themed market.

ser, what are huskies?

5 hours ago, nausea said:

Unless you understand the Thai market. Looks like an anti covid place to me, will attract a lot of the domestic market, yet still be attractive should the international market take off.

I agree.  My partner and I are taking a holiday to Koh Chang; a first-time visit for me.  It's a beautiful island and we're having a great time.  What we've noticed is the nice resorts seem to be doing a nice business; the marginal, rundown places, marginal business or still closed.  We're staying at one of the nice ones and the parking lot is filled with cars with Bangkok plates--lots of families and SUVs.  Likely not fully-booked but certainly busier than I expected--especially after a survey a few weeks ago said something like 40% of Thais were planning not to travel anywhere over the holidays. 

I think a lot of the people traveling are the ones that can afford to stay at the nicer places.  We've noticed this with Pattaya, as well.  The big, nice hotels in north Pattaya are doing pretty well on weekends, even with few international tourists.  I think the Cowboy Resort could be something Thais would want to try out as something different--especially with international travel still difficult.