Bangkok Extends Closure of Entertainment Venues Until January 15

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, this has not kept the Soi 4 Nana Bars from opening up as they are open and working away.  Funny though, as when we go walking by Soi Cowboy and Patpong they are Ghost Towns.

Hopefully Nana area keeps kickin' it! Spending a few days in BKK next week and counting on it. Will check out Cowboy too. Or is it still shuttered? 

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Hopefully Nana area keeps kickin' it! Spending a few days in BKK next week and counting on it. Will check out Cowboy too. Or is it still shuttered? 

Looked pretty shuttered to me as we cut down that street about 4 PM as we head over to Soi 23 off of Sukhumvit to mail off some things we buy at Terminal 21 for the family.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, this has not kept the Soi 4 Nana Bars from opening up as they are open and working away.  Funny though, as when we go walking by Soi Cowboy and Patpong they are Ghost Towns.

Be neat to see some  pictures of Patpong,Soi Cowboy,etc in Ghost Town state.

I'll be in Bangkok next month.  I'll take my camera and have a look. 

It's kind of Eerie and apocalyptic about these places that I find fascinating.

Anyone else notice the lives of foreigners that have be saved by these closures ... ????

The 'farang flying club' seems to have been disbanded.  OK, haven't read a news-blip in years of such, but maybe a couple have been spared the fact they gifted their life's savings away, and better to fly off into the sunset, instead of living destitute.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Places such as Stumble Inn and Big Dogs etc sell food. Tilac and whatever bars there are in Patpong do not. Also, different police districts might have a bearing. Nothing new in that. The usual selective enforcement that is such a bedrock of Thailand.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Be neat to see some  pictures of Patpong,Soi Cowboy,etc in Ghost Town state.

I'll be in Bangkok next month.  I'll take my camera and have a look. 

It's kind of Eerie and apocalyptic about these places that I find fascinating.

There are plenty of YouTube posts on-line showing Cowboy deserted. Almost everything is closed and in darkness, with currently just a few people eating at a place at each end serving food. Even the relatively new pub there that serves food is closed. Apocalyptic is right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

there are a few places open on soi cowboy now.  i think oasis was the first to open.  then baccara.  jungle jim/moonshine and suzy wong followed.  sam 2000 (the restaurant on cowboy) is open and the outside area of tilac is open, i'm not sure if that is being run by tilac people or just being used by sam 2000.  in all cases, only the outside patios are open.  can only go inside for the toilet.  the one with the live band at the asoke end (country road ?) is also open and i think five star next door.  all of these spots are offering free BBQ food to the patrons or some of other version of free food (sliced meats with side dishes catered, etc...).

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Try not to take this personally but your comment sounds very selfish.

Some of us would prefer to not have the virus spread.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Good Luck to all you brave travelers who are going to Thailand this year. My old friend in Hua Hin, says that he is happy to be away 

from the cold Winter of Canada, but he is not planning to go to any gatherings over the New Years Eve, or such.

He says the amount of tourists are small, although some long timers have showed up as they are staying until

April like he is.  He has chatted with several expats that he knows, and is happy that they are around and healthy.

So many places are closed that it does look very different, but there is enough open that my friend has places to

go and eat at so he is happy so far. With omicron starting to spread in Thailand I hope that there will always be some restaurants that

have take away services if things get bad.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 8:44 AM, ThailandRyan said:

They're open with the new SHA restaurant licences.   Cowboy is (was) 95% go-go bars.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:14 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Places such as Stumble Inn and Big Dogs etc sell food.

Mmm, the memories. It's storytime again folks. I'm bored sitting online waiting for students to arrive for English tutoring, tho none are coming given the long weekend.

Yes, bars with food are great. Bars with both food and ladies are great. Ages ago when I first stumbled into one of those Nana bars, a sweet little thing caught my eye. Toward the back, a little older and chunkier, the ones who don't get much attn. But nicely filled out.

She came over and we had a chat. I was hungry and ordered a plate. I asked if she'd be eating too. She enthusiatically agreed. Yes, I could tell this lady liked to eat. It seemed as tho she hadn't in awhile. Hehe. We hit it off so then of course I had to pay the barfine. Then proceeded one of those nice little, multi day adventures.

In contrast, I had a much worse time with the younger, skinnier ones, as the more attn they get really goes to their heads. I wasted a lot of time with them. Time I wish I had spent more of with the aforementioned type of lady. Older, more mature, more to offer in many regards. Haha. Anyway, yeah. Bars with food. Not only buy a lady a drink, see if she's hungry too. Broaden your horizons.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah all aboard the Omicron Express.....enjoy and test regularly for all types of viruses....

GREAT post! Made me LOL. Clever and light with truth and levity. Understanding without being judgemental nor condescending. ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, In Full Agreement said:

Try not to take this personally but your comment sounds very selfish.

Some of us would prefer to not have the virus spread.

Then why are you not asking for retailers especially 7Elevens, markets and supermarkets to be closed. They will see more customers in one hour than many bars do in a day. 

7 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Mmm, the memories. It's storytime again folks. I'm bored sitting online waiting for students to arrive for English tutoring, tho none are coming given the long weekend.

Yes, bars with food are great. Bars with both food and ladies are great. Ages ago when I first stumbled into one of those Nana bars, a sweet little thing caught my eye. Toward the back, a little older and chunkier, the ones who don't get much attn. But nicely filled out.

She came over and we had a chat. I was hungry and ordered a plate. I asked if she'd be eating too. She enthusiatically agreed. Yes, I could tell this lady liked to eat. It seemed as tho she hadn't in awhile. Hehe. We hit it off so then of course I had to pay the barfine. Then proceeded one of those nice little, multi day adventures.

In contrast, I had a much worse time with the younger, skinnier ones, as the more attn they get really goes to their heads. I wasted a lot of time with them. Time I wish I had spent more of with the aforementioned type of lady. Older, more mature, more to offer in many regards. Haha. Anyway, yeah. Bars with food. Not only buy a lady a drink, see if she's hungry too. Broaden your horizons.

Always went for the older ones at home, until one day I realised that the "older ones" were about ten years younger than me. 

• Like 1