Return to UK - Documents to show to Thai Airways

WalsallRobbo - just done the trip 26 Nov - 20 Dec.  Have written a complete list of things to do and what is required in a thread posted on 20 Dec - suggest you check it out.

Things have changed a little such as UK now requiring pre-flight PCR which they didn't when I flew.

As I was in Cannock I used Walsall testing place for my PCR prior to flying back.  Great service and price.  Will let you have details if you pm me.

• Thanks 1

Some incorrect posts here. Requirements are.

1. A PCR or Lateral Flow/Antigen test 48 hours before flight. The result shown in a medical certificate.

2. If fully vaccinated a day 2 or before PCR test ordered and paid for online. If unvaccinated a day 2 and 8 test.

3. The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) completed, with the reference number from the day 2/day 2 and 8 test.

Edited by jimn

Have you read the latest advice from the British Government?

This advice is for England, different countries within the UK may differ.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR2_7pnfoGEFA8qx27ma6CfJYAcxh6cEzbFjGFieUoRbO-obVs1EMvoE8IU#if-you-are-fully-vaccinated

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You also need to have booked and paid for your 2-day (max) after arrival test.  I'd have confirmation of that printed as well.

It is on the PLF, you cannot complete the PLF without a valid code.

What I have see people turned away for is not having the aircraft seat number on the PLF. Thai may be ok and it is direct. I went with Lufthansa and many were having to amend the PLF at Frankfurt for the UK leg.

All above correct..got back last week  to Glasgow and new rules here mean that you can get a booster locally 12 weeks after your second c19 shot which I got in CM end of Sept...so headed to Hampden Park as a walk in ..No problem...however since I had a UK..ie English nhs med number ..Scotland requires a different  called a CHI ..? Basically I had to locally register with a GP..get said number and upload my Thai vaxes certificated QR to be valid on the system....Just read also that all UK Nations  documentation will be accepted by both EU and Thailand...for travel..Got to keep up ..chai..Happy New Year...sanuk.

• Thanks 1

Be aware unless you are a British national: I am French (not tourist, family in LOS) and had a flight from Bordeaux to BKK with a 4 hours transit (no airport change) in LGW on Dec. 23rd; all paperwork OK, PCR test negative, PLF 24 hours before: I was denied boarding the plane in Bordeaux (by the french border cops saying I would be rejected by the Brits), thus also loosing my connecting flight: the reason?: no IMPERIOUS(!) reason (i.e. living in Britain, relative death, ...), a transit is not one; of course NO NOTICE from the British authorities, agency or airlines...I had to urgently book a costly KLM flight with a stop in AMS... No refund of any kind possible, they say all my fault!!!... 1000 euro vanished!...

So up to you, but for me UK is a NO GO!...

12 hours ago, Rinrada said:

All above correct..got back last week  to Glasgow and new rules here mean that you can get a booster locally 12 weeks after your second c19 shot which I got in CM end of Sept...so headed to Hampden Park as a walk in ..No problem...however since I had a UK..ie English nhs med number ..Scotland requires a different  called a CHI ..? Basically I had to locally register with a GP..get said number and upload my Thai vaxes certificated QR to be valid on the system....Just read also that all UK Nations  documentation will be accepted by both EU and Thailand...for travel..Got to keep up ..chai..Happy New Year...sanuk.

Thanks for this. So there is a way to get the NHS to recognise Thai  vaccinations.

And it's possible  to integrate  Thai  Mor Prom data  with the NHS app