What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Bureau is great.

It's right up there with great foreign language shows like Gomorrah and Pod Prikritie.

I think series 3 and 4 are available on there with subs as well.

@Will27 Can you give me a clue where to find The Bureau S3 please?

I've had a quick look & can only find S4 (with English subs)

Edited by Mutt Daeng

32 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@Will27 Can you give me a clue where to find The Bureau S3 please?

I've had a quick look & can only find S4 (with English subs)

@Will27 Cancel that request. Sorry to mess you about.  I've found what appears to be series 3,4,5 with English subs on kickass2.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

The other one to come out in Feb is Snowfall (5 season---still all on TPB) Violent , but good acting--set in  L.A. in the 1980s...everyone spending all their money on Crack Cocaine---& the CIA needing money to buy arms for the Contras................. problem solved.

Loosely based on the Iran-Contra affair. Maybe Oliver North or Reagan will pop up in the upcoming (I believe final) season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not at the moment, but picked up The Chinese Connection ( Bruce Lee ), and Lone Wolf and Cub ( Samurai movie from the golden days of Samurai movies ) DVDs at an op shop, so that's my night entertainment to look forward to.

I watched the Bruce Lee movie last night. I had already seen it before, but called "Fist of Fury". Anyway, a real "back to the past" buzz. The acting was rubbish, the action amazing, the dubbed soundtrack awful ( I preferred them in Chinese with subtitles back in the 70s when I was living in Singapore and watched a lot of Raymond Chow Kung <deleted> movies- great movies those, but the DVD I bought didn't have the subtitle option ). True to the norm, in the end the hero dies ( in some of those Kung <deleted> movies everyone died at the end! )

Lee was fantastic with the nunchucks ( I can remember when nunchuck scenes were cut from movies I saw in NZ ). All in all a worth while movie experience.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

The forum software deleted the F-u from Kung F-u

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

Dark Woods

Out now with subs on TPB or SBS on Demand.

Summary: A case, that remained a mystery for nearly thirty years. The desperate search of one brother for his sister. And the agony of those who are left behind by a chillingly brutal crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Better Call Saul is already on Netflix. I think they made the series.

No, its an AMC production-- but Netflix buy up already aired programs, as in the USA you can miss out on some if your not with the same cable network that has it..

What network runs Better Call Saul?

It's been a long ol' journey, but now that AMC

has renewed Better Call Saul for one last season---IMDB

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

watched the Bruce Lee movie last night. I had already seen it before, but called "Fist of Fury".

Hmmm, Bruce Lee wasn't in the "fist of fury" movie I saw.

I did like the way they portrayed him though, in "Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood". An incompetent buffoon where he had no skills and it was all choreographed.

11 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I did like the way they portrayed him though, in "Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood". An incompetent buffoon where he had no skills and it was all choreographed.

Er no...That is not how he was represented..A clown yes..Choreographed of course..But a respected  fighter who scared  people

Edited by The Hammer2021

8 hours ago, gargamon said:

Fist of Fury was in 1972.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068767/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

His portrayal in Once Upon a Time was insulting.

Was hardly a buffoon.

"No skills".....LOL.

3 hours ago, seedy said:

Dracula The Original Living Vampire

Has ... wait for it ... wait for it ... a Lesbian detective in love with one of the victims !!!

A solid 3 - 555

If she isn't also Black with one leg, we cant really tick the Box..........:w00t:

The BBC announce yesterday some programs that will never/ever be shown again......top of the list, "It ain't half hot Mum.

It's the classic sitcom that the BBC has reportedly deemed too racist to ever air again.

The comedy, set in India during the closing months of the Second World War, attracted up to 15 million viewers at its peak. 

But it is often considered too offensive for today's more woke sensibilities.-- BBC

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, seedy said:

Dracula The Original Living Vampire

Has ... wait for it ... wait for it ... a Lesbian detective in love with one of the victims !!!

A solid 3 - 555

I'll see your "Dracula The Original Living Vampire" ......

And raise you "Rape Zombie, Lust of the Dead" (Japanese).

18 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

If she isn't also Black with one leg, we cant really tick the Box..........:w00t:

The BBC announce yesterday some programs that will never/ever be shown again......top of the list, "It ain't half hot Mum.

It's the classic sitcom that the BBC has reportedly deemed too racist to ever air again.

The comedy, set in India during the closing months of the Second World War, attracted up to 15 million viewers at its peak. 

But it is often considered too offensive for today's more woke sensibilities.-- BBC

After that important news from the BBC I will make sure I watch the show shortly.

20 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

tbh, it was pretty offensive to many groups and its day has gone, who would want to watch it again? Its not just politics, a sense of humor also changes throughout the years. I hope it will continue to be on iplayer, as an example, so we can learn from it.

I was watching Tiswas the other week, that's rather dated now - Lennie Henry really sold black people and himself out during those times.

I'm surprised they haven't banned 'Billy Bunter'?

Edit: Apparently he is of 1970.

Bunter Books Are Banned

IPSWICH, England (UPI)Books about Billy Bunter, whose name has become a synonym for fatness, have been put among books about sex that can only be withdrawn from the children’s public library here with special permission. Librarian Dorothy White, 62, imposed the ban on the books because she said they encouraged schoolchildren to make fun of overweight fellow-pupils. The Bunter books find themselves hidden behind a curtain with books like “Learning to Love” and “Where Do Babies Come From.”

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1