What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

What with all of the furore over Will Smith's actions at the Oscars, I decided to take a look at his list of movies and was tempted to watch "I Legend" again, but settled for one I had never seen before, called "Enemy of the State", and am so glad I did because it was a very good movie indeed.

I had watched, "I Robot" a couple of months ago and also enjoyed that and in the main, I am a fan of his, but am not too sure about wanting to watch "King Richard" for some reason?

• Like 1

I didn't mind this one.

Lime.

Police Custody USA

This hard-hitting true-crime series follows police in Kansas City as they tackle a series of crimes that threaten the peace of their communities.

Summary: A man is shot dead at point-blank range on a sweltering afternoon in a trailer park in Kansas. When witnesses report a loud fight and a female fleeing the scene, the homicide detectives begin to suspect that this is a family affair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was quite an eye opener.

RARBG

Revealed: Amongst Us - Neo Nazi Australia

Summary: an eye-opening investigation led by 12-time Walkley Award-winner and two-time Australian journalist of the year Nick McKenzie that explores the terrifying rise of neo Nazi activity in Australia.

• Like 1

The Fatal Attraction Murder.

RAR.

Summary: After 27 years in prison, Carolyn Warmus speaks for the first time since her release, detailing her affair with a co-worker whose wife was murdered. Warmus has been granted permission to conduct new DNA tests she believes will prove her innocence.

Guest truthman
On 3/28/2022 at 9:25 AM, giddyup said:

Well you missed out on one of the best series ever produced for television, a 9.2 rating on IMDB.  Did you also strike Breaking Bad off your list because it involved the manufacture of methamphetamines?

I didn't like the Sopranos or The Wire for that matter (although i did try). I liked Breaking Bad though. It was one of those rare shows that got better as it went on

Guest truthman
22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's 2 hours and 7 minutes of my life I'll never get back. It wasn't a bad film, but having wokeness flaunted at every conceivable opportunity made it the most annoying film I've seen since the Tom Hanks product placing film about a man stuck in an airport.

A completely made up story about inter racial love inserted that added nothing to the movie except minutes, lesbians, a western female hotel porter in a 1930s Egyptian hotel, an armed female military honour guard etc. It was so Americanized that they could have replaced the entire cast with black Americans, except for the already black Americans in the cast.

Oh, and the last scene was preposterous. 

That was the last Branagh movie I'll ever see.

You've just about talked me out of watching it. i was in the mood for a costume epic whodunit.

This Cop Life.

New show at the usual places.

Catching a glimpse of the day to day lives of police officers. Body cameras capture the demanding day-to-day work of UK police officers as they respond to emergencies, investigate crimes and arrest suspects.

• Like 1

Multiple off topic bickering and baiting posts have been removed, you really are pushing it coming on like that straight after a moderator public warning to stop it. 

• Like 1

Getting Away With Murder: The Killing of Mary Gough

RAR

Summary:

Documentary looking at the investigation into the death of Mary Gough, following the remarkable twists and turns of the police's efforts to find out what happened to her, and how the investigation eventually turned into an international manhunt

• Like 1

So, Star Trek nerds.

How frikken awesome was the last episode of Picard?

Half of me hates the fact that they don't drop the entire season in one go, yet on the other hand i love the anticipation of waiting a week for the next episode.

One nerdy gripe is that Guinan should have already known Picard in 2024 from their encounter in the 19th century episode 'Times Arrow'

One of the best car chase scenes ever, and what not to love about 7 of 9 being a bad ass car driver

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

How frikken awesome was the last episode of Picard?

Half of me hates the fact that they don't drop the entire season in one go, yet on the other hand i love the anticipation of waiting a week for the next episode.

I have given up on binge watching anything. I don't start watching a season until I have the whole season, then an episode a day is my limit. You still get the anticipation, and the enjoyment of watching something good lasts longer than if you binge watched the whole season at one sitting.

First thing to do, if you use a streaming service, is turn off the automatically play next episode setting.

As for Picard, as I haven't got the whole season yet, I have not started it. It's sister show Discovery, however, is well past it's best by date and should be ended.

I'm looking forward to the new one, Strange New Worlds, starting May 5.  Set before the original series, Christopher Pike captains the Enterprise. Based on a youtube series from years ago, with the same actors. Paramount obviously bought the rights and took it over.

• Like 1

Slow Horses, first 2 episodes are out on 1337x .

"From The Dirty Dozen to The Boys to The Suicide Squad, audiences love a good semi-comic thriller about a ragtag team of rejects surprised to discover that their quirky set of mismatched skills actually mesh flawlessly to help outcasts accomplish what the establishment cannot."

Cast: Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Jack Lowden, Olivia Cooke, Saskia Reeves, Dustin Demri-Burns, Rosalind Eleazar, Christopher Chung, Paul Higgins, Freddie Fox, Chris Reilly, Steve Waddington, Paul Hilton, Antonio Aakeel, Peter Judd   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching season 1 of Underbelly (6 seasons, 68 episodes). It's an Australian crime drama, based in Melbourne. Pretty good so far IMHO. It's worth a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119176/

I've just finished Underbelly seasons 1-6. I thought seasons 1,2,3 & 5 were pretty good, but seasons 4 (I managed 4 episodes) & 6 (only managed 1 episode) were poor IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished Underbelly seasons 1-6. I thought seasons 1,2,3 & 5 were pretty good, but seasons 4 (I managed 4 episodes) & 6 (only managed 1 episode) were poor IMHO.

I started watching Underbelly recently , I watched all season 1 and thought it a bit like an “ X” rated Neighbours . But I stuck it out, wanted to see what happened to Fat Boy Carl !!, and thought it was okay , started to watch season 2 but found it to be very same same and gave up.

I would say it was okay, but only okay, quite a lot of nudity that might appeal to some, BM2 ??

• Like 2

Our friends in the North ( 1996 ) 

8.6 imdb rating.

This will appeal more to Brits as it concerns 4 friends growing up in Newcastle and covers the period from 1964 to 1995. Each episode covers a pivotal year from this period and includes police corruption, slum housing projects, Thatcherism and the ‘84 miners strike. 
A good cast of Daniel Craig, Christopher Eccleston, Mark Strong and Gina McKee as the 4 friends with support from Larry Lamb and Malcolm McDowell.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115305/

I streamed it on fmovies but all 1 hour long episodes available on YouTube.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gargamon said:

I have given up on binge watching anything. I don't start watching a season until I have the whole season, then an episode a day is my limit. You still get the anticipation, and the enjoyment of watching something good lasts longer than if you binge watched the whole season at one sitting.

First thing to do, if you use a streaming service, is turn off the automatically play next episode setting.

As for Picard, as I haven't got the whole season yet, I have not started it. It's sister show Discovery, however, is well past it's best by date and should be ended.

I'm looking forward to the new one, Strange New Worlds, starting May 5.  Set before the original series, Christopher Pike captains the Enterprise. Based on a youtube series from years ago, with the same actors. Paramount obviously bought the rights and took it over.

I too am looking forward to Strange New Worlds, especially after watching the teasers.

If I understand it correctly, unlike Discovery & Picard which are mini series, Strange New Worlds will revert to an episode based format like TNG

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Our friends in the North ( 1996 ) 

8.6 imdb rating.

This will appeal more to Brits as it concerns 4 friends growing up in Newcastle and covers the period from 1964 to 1995. Each episode covers a pivotal year from this period and includes police corruption, slum housing projects, Thatcherism and the ‘84 miners strike. 
A good cast of Daniel Craig, Christopher Eccleston, Mark Strong and Gina McKee as the 4 friends with support from Larry Lamb and Malcolm McDowell.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115305/

I streamed it on fmovies but all 1 hour long episodes available on YouTube.

I downloaded this last week and I'm going to start watching this tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched In Bruges and thought it was very good. Worth a look IMHO. It's already been mentioned here but can't remember who commented about it. Pretty good cast as well.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/

I did mention it in a post some while back and thought it was a good movie.

Now onto something completely different!!........I downloaded and watched the four episodes of, "Murder in the Valleys" as it was recommended by somebody a short while ago, and I enjoyed it, and rather than it being like your average everyday doco (it was a true story), it played out more like a suspense/mystery thriller.

In fact you couldn't have made this stuff up it as was full of twists and turns, putting different potential suspects in the spotlight.

Now here is a question for anybody who has seen it (and I won't give anything away); – do you think that the right person was jailed for the crime??

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Have you watched Mr Inbetween. Really excellent crime series.

Mystery road was also good.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just watching the first episode now - Police Custody USA - from the same production team as UK 24 hours in police custody. You can catch it on all4

Watched episode one the other night.

Oddly titled I thought.

I imagined it would be similar to the UK version, but there's no custody.

Just another cop show.

I enjoyed it though.

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

Have you watched Mr Inbetween. Really excellent crime series.

Mystery road was also good.

Yes I've watched the Mr Inbetween (3) & the Mystery Road (2) seasons. Very good IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1