What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, connda said:

Hey Mike.  I started that a few weeks ago in the beginning of June.  I contacted CharlieH because I too thought that at one time there was a "What are your reading" link.   CharlieH said there was not but I could start one and if there was enough interests he'd pin it.

Maybe thinking of this thread (archived 2016):

https://aseannow.com/topic/944949-what-good-books-are-you-reading/

This one archived 2021:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1218404-what-books-are-you-reading/page/4/

Archives R Us:

https://aseannow.com/topic/54535-what-are-you-reading/

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

Secrets & Scandals Of Only Fools And Horses----------- Doco --BBC  22/07---1 episode.....ChaosTV

If you followed it--and apparently 18 million did, Then its a behind the scenes scandals & story's

--No Trailer available, but plenty of full episodes on YouTube.

Secrets & Scandals Of Only Fools And Horses reveals the behind-the-scenes stories of how the show was made and became Britain's favorite sitcom. The show uncovers the secrets behind the hilarious visual gags, the lost episodes of the show and how the cast could have looked very different.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/secrets-scandals-only-fools-and-horses/   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, sanuk711 said:

The Gray Man---Spy/thriller…… Netflix release Thursday 2hrs.

This is the most expensive movie Netflix has mad at $us200Mil- (more than the Irishman movie)

It is being released with hard subs in most Languages—I have picked the trailer with Thai Hard subs.

Personally I loved it, I sometimes get bored with action movies, but not this one it seems to work, plus what a cast

The only negative is we are expected to believe he drove 690 miles from Bangkok To Chiang Mai in a TuK Tuk he stole

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Personally I loved it, I sometimes get bored with action movies, but not this one it seems to work, plus what a cast

The only negative is we are expected to believe he drove 690 miles from Bangkok To Chiang Mai in a TuK Tuk he stole

690 km = 430 miles 

Rather ominously, 'The Trial' is only too relevant in the modern day and age.

Viewers who fight their way through to the finish will glean a deeper understanding the machinery and propaganda of oppressive regimestrial.jpg.0419dd4c8085c9feac81b8812a54092c.jpg

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

I agree, even though it offered little new in the genre, it was still highly entertaining. A bit of a stretch with the Tuk Tuk, but I guess you have to suspend all credibility for that kind of movie.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, connda said:

Hey Mike.  I started that a few weeks ago in the beginning of June.  I contacted CharlieH because I too thought that at one time there was a "What are your reading" link.   CharlieH said there was not but I could start one and if there was enough interests he'd pin it.
It seems quite a few members are interested in books and reading so CharlieH pinned it in under Farang Pub - fun, entertainment and Expat life. 

Please contribute your thoughts and what you're currently reading for us 'book-worm' types.  I often prefer reading to watching shows on TV or movies. 

There used to be a book  and reading thread- why don't you start one instead of clogging up this thread which is about screen based media

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

The myriad of locations was tedious and unnecessary.  In general the movie was unoriginal, repetitious shallow rubbish.  Just dreadful.

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Secrets & Scandals Of Only Fools And Horses----------- Doco --BBC  22/07---1 episode.....ChaosTV

If you followed it--and apparently 18 million did, Then its a behind the scenes scandals & story's

--No Trailer available, but plenty of full episodes on YouTube.

Secrets & Scandals Of Only Fools And Horses reveals the behind-the-scenes stories of how the show was made and became Britain's favorite sitcom. The show uncovers the secrets behind the hilarious visual gags, the lost episodes of the show and how the cast could have looked very different.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/secrets-scandals-only-fools-and-horses/   

Intermittently funny it has dated terribly

30 minutes ago, seedy said:

Rather ominously, 'The Trial' is only too relevant in the modern day and age.

Viewers who fight their way through to the finish will glean a deeper understanding the machinery and propaganda of oppressive regimestrial.jpg.0419dd4c8085c9feac81b8812a54092c.jpg

Presumably it's based on the Novel by Kafka - Is this a remake?

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The myriad of locations was tedious and unnecessary.  In general the movie was unoriginal, repetitious shallow rubbish.  Just dreadful.

And yet both Seppius and myself enjoyed it. Go figure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It look like a political  propaganda piece probably anti Israeli. Not my idea of 'Netflix and chilling'

LOL

Not too difficult to be anti Israel, but the film is from 2019 and shows the lives of average Palestinians who manage under dire circumstances.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, sanuk711 said:

The Gray Man---Spy/thriller…… Netflix release Thursday 2hrs.

This is the most expensive movie Netflix has mad at $us200Mil- (more than the Irishman movie)

It is being released with hard subs in most Languages—I have picked the trailer with Thai Hard subs.

Had to switch it off - just rubbish. Not a molecule of creativity or originality. Dire. ludicrous  location switches, repetitive fight scenes, zero credible characters and dead dialogue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Had to switch it off - just rubbish. Not a molecule of creativity or originality. Dire. ludicrous  location switches, repetitive fight scenes, zero credible characters and dead dialogue.

Thanks I had that lined up to watch next. ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I enjoyed it, even though there was nothing original about it. Make up your own mind.

Yeah I'll give a look I usually fast forward a lot of stuff I am not enjoying to see if it gets interesting. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seedy said:

Thread title 'What Movies or TV shows are you Watching'

These are the ones I am.

Don't wanna - then Don't

Or start a thread "What Movies or TV shows do you not want to Watch"

It's a forum where we share information and opinions about movies and TV shows. If you don't like that then fund another forum. Try giving some information  about the material you recommend not just cutting and pasting Jpegs. Have you seen any of  those films?