Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

9 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I never attended a single concert at Hughes but did enjoy many football games. The most memorable one was on Halloween night back in the early 90s where there was an entire keg snuck into the student section.

NOTE: Hughes no longer exists.

I did attend a few concerts at Moby Gym over the years with this group being my last one.

NOTE: This is perhaps my favorite Colorado band and in this video they are playing the top outdoor venue I ever had the privilege to attend several times.

Is that Red Rocks?

9 hours ago, DBath said:

Bad Company (anyone who has ever been a 'road warrior' for 20+ years straight like I did - traveling weekly by plane - might appreciate this song)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DBath said:

Bad Company (anyone who has ever been a 'road warrior' for 20+ years straight like I did - traveling weekly by plane - might appreciate this song)

Perhaps you were in Adelaide @ Memorial Drive circa October 1974?

'Company played "Shooting Star" and thousands of lives have never been the same.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Perhaps you were in Adelaide @ Memorial Drive circa October 1974?

'Company played "Shooting Star" and thousands of lives have never been the same.

I love that song, was just about to post it (I was only one year out of high school in 1975 when they payed Adelaide AUS): Here's the album version...

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Allman Bros. (Live at Fillmore East 1971): This version of Elizabeth Reed just grabs you by the balls and won't let go, IMHO. A showcase for Duane Allman's amazing skills on lead guitar.

• Like 1

A 'motivational song' for me by Molly Hatchet: "Climb down from the hilltop baby, lord get back in the race..." (I've been there before, more than once...pretty sure I'm not the only one.)

• Like 1

Apologies if I missed this one, but I don't recall seeing this one by Blackfoot posted earlier, and since Train, Train was already posted...includes some great lead guitar and vocals by Ricky Medlocke, the groups founder. He also played drums and did vocals with Lynyrd Skynyrd in '71 and '72, then returned to Blackfoot to sing and play lead guitar. Then in '96 he returned to Skynyrd to play lead guitar and do vocals - where he still performs. He's a native American of Lakota and Cherokee ancestry. 

Edited by DBath
  • Like 2