Thai Covid Center’s general in charge of day to day operations says no national Covid-19 lockdown after New Year

webfact

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Totally misinformed. But then so many deniers on the forum. I agree most of the time no problem. My parents my brother his wife and daughter all caught it. All vaccinated. Brother had all kinds of underlying diseases my parents too and aging. None of them had serious problems. But his wife strong never sick had it bad. Could stay at home but far worse then a cold. All of them lost part of their stamina. My brothers wife also has problems focusing on stuff. 

Its not something you want to get especially as its unpredictable, the one we thought would not have any problems had it worst and is still not recovered (and yes omicron). So if that is what a flue does then i probably never had a flue. 

Totally unexpected that the stronest had the most problem and even now problems of total loss of stamina and attention span. 

Many maskless vaccinated walk around thinking they are invincible …foolish no doubt.  Covid preventive measures should still be followed.  Do i crowd my self with maskless farangs whilst the local thais wear masks ….hell no.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

good , new reinstate test and go

Just based on what has been happening in SA with Delta displaced, this probably is a wise decision.

There is a very interesting discussion from one of Iran's leading virologists professor  Khansavinejad available, so if you can spare an hour and turn on the subtitles as the accent is sometimes hard to catch, just google'' virology in Iran'' and its just fascinating.

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Yes about Thailand pass. Or a new system that is in place? Will they wait until the third for this info?

The 4th of January is being used in other countries  too to announce information  and policies  based on information  gleaned by doctors, scientists  and epidemiologists since data collation started after the first outbreak in South Africa. It takes three weeks to make informed  projections

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Quite a daring statement, we don't know how bad it will become but he is sure there wont be a lockdown after the new year.

I wonder how far in the future that prediction goes. ????

If a week or so then ok, but for a whole year ?  So what is the contect.

The statement should have given credit where credit is due i.e. "My thanks go to DPM Anutin for his inspiration in compiling the above ...............etc etc"

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the linked article :-

"However it is possible to do some “small-scale” lockdowns for villages, sub-districts or districts if their local authorities wish to handle the Covid-19 pandemic in all areas."

Our local "man" demonstrated last time that he really loves exercising his power ???? 

So therefore, "no lockdowns" is about as accurate as the "no quarantine"...oh except for the one night in a hotel  when T & G was available!

How anyone can take what these guys say as reliable baffles me! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Been keeping my stocks up since I got caught out the first time.

What stocks to keep up?

We had only one Lockdown here in CM during this ongoing Pendemic , but always could buy groceries etc etc..! Can't see the problem. 

1 minute ago, Jurg said:

What stocks to keep up?

As noted before, BEER!!!

Here in northern BKK we went 2 months unable to buy alcohol at all. I really do like an ale or two with my evening meal.

• Like 1

For the good of the country they should reinstate Test & go and deal with whatever comes along. They the government stated that once opened they will not close and should stick to their word. Too many people have suffered, especially the working class who are the majority and don't really have a voice!  Omicron has proven to be mild and more common flu like so healthy people have little to fear. Get on with life and some form of normality!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jurg said:

What stocks to keep up?

We had only one Lockdown here in CM during this ongoing Pendemic , but always could buy groceries etc etc..! Can't see the problem. 

Beer....  we had a ban on once in my area.

4 hours ago, paul1804 said:

For the good of the country they should reinstate Test & go and deal with whatever comes along. They the government stated that once opened they will not close and should stick to their word. Too many people have suffered, especially the working class who are the majority and don't really have a voice!  Omicron has proven to be mild and more common flu like so healthy people have little to fear. Get on with life and some form of normality!!!

B:S..i just had omicron so ur socalled proof u can stick somewhere inside ur body.U and some others dont have a clue what ur talking about.It was terrible for a 8-9 days.

• Like 2

I am wishing everyone a Happy New Year, as it is the morning of January 1 2022 here.

I am hopeful that on January 3rd or 4th, the announcement from the Thai government 

may not be as cheerful as some of us are hoping for.

There are many people who are about to escape their frozen northern hemisphere countries

for somewhere tropical, so I hope that if the rules change for tourists heading for Thailand

they are not too severe. Maybe 3  day in a quarantine hotel to give the health department time

to do all the PCR tests before granting freedom to the incoming visitors.

I do hope that most visitors leave their unvaccinated  children at home. This is not the time

to be dragging them away on a short holiday.

7 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I am wishing everyone a Happy New Year, as it is the morning of January 1 2022 here.

I am hopeful that on January 3rd or 4th, the announcement from the Thai government 

may not be as cheerful as some of us are hoping for.

There are many people who are about to escape their frozen northern hemisphere countries

for somewhere tropical, so I hope that if the rules change for tourists heading for Thailand

they are not too severe. Maybe 3  day in a quarantine hotel to give the health department time

to do all the PCR tests before granting freedom to the incoming visitors.

I do hope that most visitors leave their unvaccinated  children at home. This is not the time

to be dragging them away on a short holiday.

Happy new year.Im totally disagree with u about opening thailand.I hope they start thinking about peoples health instead of just money.I hope for my lady and her kids and family a total lockdown.My lady and her family agree with me.In the place they live its scareful to see how many people dont care.I was on livecam 2 hour today from her land to the marked and back again.Maybe 4-5 people wearing masks.I saw thai and foreigners sit and drinking outside the marked.People need a real wakeupcall now.But the thai goverment do the opposit in their gread for money.India..china and other countries really concerned about omicron..thailand dont care because they think their on the top of the world.

23 hours ago, Harrith1954 said:

Now the Pcrtest was dismissed for not proving the right virus, what would this rtk do for the outcome? IT can be Covid, maybe flu or a rhinovirus for all it can see. OR even find nothing and test positieve as well. What can you do about a test like that?? Even the CDC had cancelled this test...

100% correct but as I have just been banned for 28 days for stating similar one should be careful  going against the narrative Happy New year to all

2 minutes ago, Norvabc said:

100% correct but as I have just been banned for 28 days for stating similar one should be careful  going against the narrative Happy New year to all

I know what you mean...Rule #1 The Ruling Narrative is Always Correct.; Rule #2 If The Ruling Narrative is challenged or Incorrect, Refer to Rule #1.

No lockdown.. I am happy.... But what restrictions and how many??? That is almost the same as a lockdown. work from home, schools only online lessons, curfew, no alcohol, restaurants closed, quaratine for tourists, no interprovincial travel, and so on... it is almost the same but it is called different. Same as no quarantine for fully test tourists, but that is not true too, because they have stay in quarantine till the results of the test is known.

14 hours ago, stigar said:

B:S..i just had omicron so ur socalled proof u can stick somewhere inside ur body.U and some others dont have a clue what ur talking about.It was terrible for a 8-9 days.

What country did u pick up the covid in? 

To the leaders there is no lock down!  But they will put layers and layers so you can't move left-right back-forward. Example: Thailand Pass instead 14 you need 7, insurance 100,000 to 50K, on and on instead of ten steps you need 8? Now it is take a test to get food what next to take a dump? ????

These guys have all insane?