Thailand reports 3,011 new COVID-19 cases, 10 deaths, 3,315 recoveries

webfact

COV1.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Saturday (January 1) reported 3,011 new COVID-19 cases, 3,315 recoveries and 10 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 2,954. Prisons: 57

▶︎ Recoveries: 3,315

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,197,583

▶︎ Total recoveries since April 1: 2,144,383

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,226,446 with 21,708 deaths.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

The news comes as the National Security Council Secretary-General, who also heads the Center for Covid-19 Situation Center’s “Small Panel” that runs daily operations and advises all restrictions and Covid-19 response measures, said earlier today that there will be NO national lockdown no matter how the Covid -19 situation will be after New Year.

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update1JAN).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-01

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

IMO a very sad reflection on the testing situation here in Thailand and not showing anywhere near the true amount of infections that are spreading.  

PCR test positive cases, total of 3,011 official new infections. 10 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests dashboard has still not been updated

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

Rolling 7 day average chart (up to 30th Dec)

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 1 jan.png

data 1 jan 1.png

I pray that next weeks mid week numbers, after folks return to the city and such from the outer provinces, as well as those who went to resort areas, does not see a rocket ship upwards blasting trajectory.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Personally I don't believe a word of that positivity rate. The PCR testing rates are currently only around 36,000 daily.

https://djay.github.io/covidthailand/#testing

data 1 jan 2.png

UK about 1,500,000 PCR and the UK government have just ordered 300 million lateral flow tests.

Lateral flow tests are available free from pharmacies or for home delivery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

IMO a very sad reflection on the testing situation here in Thailand and not showing anywhere near the true amount of infections that are spreading.  

PCR test positive cases, total of 3,011 official new infections. 10 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests dashboard has still not been updated

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

Rolling 7 day average chart (up to 30th Dec)

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 1 jan.png

data 1 jan 1.png

One thing from your bar chart it does show a bump up these past few days. Also looking back on the past dashboard figures it seems that nearly all reported cases are from walk-ins so obvious that very little proactive testing is going on. Also in my opinion even if the ATK were known I think they would just be the tip of the iceberg so to speak. I personally know of 6 ATK self tests that have gone under the radar.

Edited by Petey11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

A disgrace.

Anyone with Pattaya connections knows omicron is rife.

9 cases one bar Pattaya. FACT.

Total cases country PCR 3000.

Just lies and misinformation from Thailand.

I personally know about 15 ladies with Covid in Pattaya over the last 10 days, including from 4 different bars. No way to know if they have Omicron or Delta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Order issued in Chonburi for ATK testing in "restaurants".

Wonder how they are going to enforce that?

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/01/chonburi-governor-issues-new-order-for-restaurants-selling-alcohol/

Testing of staff, but no testing of patrons.  If just one patron is an asymptomatic carrier then all bets are off and its off to the races no matter what....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I personally know about 15 ladies with Covid in Pattaya over the last 10 days, including from 4 different bars. No way to know if they have Omicron or Delta.

And are they all reporting the cases to the authorities?

13 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

And are they all reporting the cases to the authorities?

I don’t know. I am lucky they reported to me.

Actually, a couple of them asked to come see me while they were in quarantine. Of course, they didn’t mention that they were in quarantine, only a sudden desire to visit my condo.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I don’t know. I am lucky they reported to me.

Actually, a couple of them asked to come see me while they were in quarantine. Of course, they didn’t mention that they were in quarantine, only a sudden desire to visit my condo.

There in lies the problem. In quarantine but still want to go out, sharing rooms/condos with other ladies and thinking that if they wear masks the others won't catch covid, thinking it's ok just to pop down 7/11. You can see why Thai authorities like the state quarantine. Even heard of bosses asking girls to carry on working but keep mask in all time, due to lack of employees. Absolute madness.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Amazing, only country in the world that is not showing a growth rate of doubling every second day.

Yes amazing alright, look at NSW and Vic 30.000 combined plus thousands in Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania the only state with a handfull is WA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

165,805 vaccine doses administered yesterday

May be an image of text that says "ா สุนยบ้อมูล กรมประซาสัมพันธ์ สรุป วัคซีน การให้บริการ COVID-19 ข้อมูลตั้งแต่วันที่ 28 กุมภาพันธ์ ถึง 31 ธันวาคม 2564 ที่มา:MOPH-IC COVID รวมฉีดวานนี้ Vaccine +165,805 โดส สะสมรวม 104,444,169 โดส เข็มที่1 เข็มที่2 วานนี้ฉีดไป ราย +28,563 เข็มที่3 วานนี้ฉีดไป ราย +65,407 สะสมแล้ว ราย 51,295,617 วานนี้ฉีดไป ราย +71,835 สะสมแล้ว ราย 46,145,566 สะสมแล้ว ราย 7,002,986 สรุปสถานการณ์ศูนย์ข้อมูลCOVID-19 ศูนย์ข้อมูล สายด่วน111"

at a rate of just 165,000 a day, it will take the entire rest of the year or more to vaccinate everybody 3 times. Far too late to have any effect on any omicron infection in the community - and the next variant

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

at a rate of just 165,000 a day, it will take the entire rest of the year or more to vaccinate everybody 3 times. Far too late to have any effect on any omicron infection in the community - and the next variant

Hopefully the rate will pick up after the holiday

• Like 1

experience out there testing can not keep pace with omicron, infection less severe, hospitization shorter, ICU and deaths lower, quarantine and closures are pointless it spread cant not be stopped.

Thailand can open with or without AQL few will travel less for the later.

EU UK to peak in a week or 2 expect rapid return to normality

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Found it a little alarming last night that upon checking in to our usual hotel off Soi Buakhao, that even the receptionist told us to be careful with Covid in that area?

As stated by previous posters, the word on the street paints a totally different picture to what the authorities seem to be letting on at the moment?

Call me cynical but with the Omicron variant being considered as "weaker" than the Delta one, what are the odds the authorities along with "the one that shall not be named on these forums" would actually be quite happy to see a fraction of their/his own population to either get infected, develop symptoms, develop natural immunity over time or yet even worse; Get infected, take out other bargirls, hookers, prostitutes, pimps and patrons along with them and die quietly away?

Wouldn't it serve THEIR agenda afterall? Which is clear as crystal water; get rid of Pattaya's seedy image one way or another.

I know it sounds awful to even imagine but last time I checked those in charge and those in power have very little esteem for other Thais who are far far far below (dare I say, at the very bottom?) than they are on the Thai social ladder.

Let's not forget that the rise of the Thai baht along with their economic growth from the late 70's up to the 2000's was built on the back of their prostitutes (literally and metaphorically) but with the current puritan administration in charge and the current rhetoric against foreigners coupled with the highly hypocritical "crackdown" against prostitution in the Kingdom, everything indicates the ones in charge are trying their very best to dismiss that image.

TL;DR: "If you can't change your own people's behavior... might as well get rid of those people" one sickening mastermind could be inclined to think.

Just my two cents.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Call me cynical but with the Omicron variant being considered as "weaker" than the Delta one, what are the odds the authorities along with "the one that shall not be named on these forums" would actually be quite happy to see a fraction of their/his own population to either get infected, develop symptoms, develop natural immunity over time or yet even worse; Get infected, take out other bargirls, hookers, prostitutes, pimps and patrons along with them and die quietly away?

Wouldn't it serve THEIR agenda afterall? Which is clear as crystal water; get rid of Pattaya's seedy image one way or another.

I know it sounds awful to even imagine but last time I checked those in charge and those in power have very little esteem for other Thais who are far far far below (dare I say, at the very bottom?) than they are on the Thai social ladder.

Just my two cents.

I wouldn’t quite go as far as to say certain people might be happy for this to happen but it is well known that some have little regard for those they regard as below them?

Their problem is though that through their rose tinted specs, they don’t understand that if they take away certain existing elements of Thailand, it simply won’t be ‘Thailand’ any more and a lot of tourists simply won’t come due to there being far better places in the world to visit?

However, they may not be that worried about whether they have tourists or not, so this may not be relevant?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

However, they may not be that worried about whether they have tourists or not, so this may not be relevant?

True, true.

During the COVID-19 the rich got even richer while the poorest became even poorer. This pattern is not just in Thailand, it's happening everywhere.

• Thanks 1