Novak Djokovic’s deportation has raised the issue of the right to remain unvaccinated

webfact

On 1/6/2022 at 5:09 PM, daveAustin said:

Global icon potentially deported from former penal colony. Oh what fun times we live in! Folk wouldn’t be as bothered if it were Joe nobody as is the case with others allowed to play. Anti-vax, No-vax (????) blah blah, as long as one tests negative what’s the big deal? But that’s the law? I get the ire, but for the cheap seats—the elites are different to the rest of us. He’ll get the push though because of the stink it’d create. Just think the whole thing’s a bit of a joke. Aus has gone from horizontal laidback to borderline oppressive.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/01/03/lockdown-has-destroyed-the-australian-spirit/

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They can be infected, nobody ever said they couldn't. Especially in the case of delta the chance is 1 in 5000 without even a booster.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

BS. Ever heared of the declining protection after vaccination? I guess not, Google-expert

A study in Washington state gathered data from over 4 million fully vaccinated people. The data showed a rate of about 1 in 5,000 experienced a breakthrough infection between January 17 and August 21, 2021.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/breakthrough-infections-coronavirus-after-vaccination

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A study in Washington state gathered data from over 4 million fully vaccinated people. The data showed a rate of about 1 in 5,000 experienced a breakthrough infection between January 17 and August 21, 2021.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/breakthrough-infections-coronavirus-after-vaccination

Heaven help. Google the term breakthrough infection and try to understand what it is.

The more of your posts I read the more I'm convinced that the vaccination can cause severe damage to some people's brain.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Heaven help. Google the term breakthrough infection and try to understand what it is.

The more of your posts I read the more I'm convinced that the vaccination can cause severe damage to some people's brain.

Weeeell, the unvaxxed already have that condition.....????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Johns Hopkins referred to them as breakthrough infections. What misunderstanding do you think I have here?

On 1/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, RandiRona said:

If you are in a country, you follow the law

Of that country, why there should be an exception? Like If you have a freedom of speech in states, doesnt mean you have it here in Thailand as well. Djokovic's has right to be not vaccinated. Australia has right to decide if they accept it or not. Only it should have been handled better, not give someone visa and later rescind due to public pressure.

The man had an exemption and natural immunity, which the CDC does not recognise nor does it keep any records of natural immunity, that is now publicly available, just google it 

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The man had an exemption and natural immunity, which the CDC does not recognise nor does it keep any records of natural immunity, that is now publicly available, just google it 

Natural immunity to the latest mutation.....?

Novak Djokovic wins court battle, free to play in Australian Open

Novak Djokovic can remain in the country to play in the Australian Open, the Federal Circuit Court has ruled.

Judge Anthony Kelly has ordered Mr Djokovic be released within 30 minutes of the ruling and his passport be returned to him.

The government will be responsible for paying his legal costs.

Counsel for the Commonwealth Christopher Tran told the court that following the decision the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship may exercise his discretion to cancel Mr Djokovic's visa regardless.

Judge Kelly says he is "very concerned" about that potential outcome.

You can read the full story here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship may exercise his discretion to cancel Mr Djokovic's visa regardless.

I have zero sympathy for Djokovic, but will the minister make Australia look like a banana republic?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

It's a paranoia now, Australian supreme court fixed it for them. Shame that it was handled this way.

4 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

It's a paranoia now, Australian supreme court fixed it for them. Shame that it was handled this way.

Even more shame if the government would over rule the verdict of independant court.

But even if not Djoko will face hard times at the court.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Even more shame if the government would over rule the verdict of independant court.

But even if not Djoko will face hard times at the court.

I doubt they would go further and a make a bigger Assss of themselves but it's wont be the first time Australian politicians achieved that. They pretty much handed over the country to Chinese on platter.

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Novak Djokovic wins his case with the Federal Circuit Court quashing his visa cancellation.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-10/novak-djokovic-live-court-hearing-jan-10/100747106

Massive egg in the face...looks like this "Tampa" attempt is going to spectacularly backfire. I guess there would be also calls to move this grand slam to a country which doesn't use border protection for internal election issues.

FIvRoKwWUAMnNi2.jpg

Edited by gearbox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Reading the transcript of his interview with Immigration and now with this ruling, surely Australia should be stripped of the right to hold a Grand Slam tennis tournament. 

I agree.   Australia South China should not be allowed to host one in future.  Hopefully Djokovic wins the South China Open and embarrasses them further still.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

I agree.   Australia South China should not be allowed to host one in future.  Hopefully Djokovic wins the South China Open and embarrasses them further still.    

Perhaps the fact that it appears he did not correctly fill out the information, which would have given an exemption will cause him further problems. 

I wonder about the term "Sth China" as since there is myriad of sanctions by China against Australia exports is reflective that the relationship between China and Australia (which nothing to with tennis), is an indication that Aust does not toe the line. There is no hope that the Open will not be held in Australia in foreseeable future

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps the fact that it appears he did not correctly fill out the information, which would have given an exemption will cause him further problems. 

I wonder about the term "Sth China" as since there is myriad of sanctions by China against Australia exports is reflective that the relationship between China and Australia (which nothing to with tennis), is an indication that Aust does not toe the line. There is no hope that the Open will not be held in Australia in foreseeable future

The court has ruled on this.   In your expert legal opinion, what did they get wrong?   Or do you have an expert medical opinion as to why he should not have been granted an exemption?