Anutin: Latest covid-19 surge won't be like 2021 - because enough Thais are vaccinated

webfact

Look at Denmark, Look at the UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Israël, etc etc. Countries with high vaccination rates and booster vaccines. How does he get to this conclusion? Based on what? Thailand was using sinovac combined with Astrazeneca. That will not help at all. This is a joke right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, club said:

Got Covid Omicron 30 days after getting 2nd jab of Moderna. My brother and his wife got It and they have had the Booster. This country is looking at 50,000 a day very soon. Omicron goes right around all vaccines. We are all just lucky the symptoms  are light and very few people will die from it. They have me in a hospital right now sucking money out of my insurance company for the next 7 days, been here 3 days already. Feels like a bad cold . Can you imagine this country trying to hospitalize 50k a day. This by far is the most contagious Covid we have seen 

Vaccines don't stop you getting covid19, they greatly reduce how it affects you. In the UK 90% of those in hospital have been vaccinated but not had the booster, 60% are unvaccinated out of a population with 10% unvaccinated. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai media likes to call Anutin Sia Noo or Mighty Mouse.

That's a great nickname for someone who wants to be taken seriously.

He's probably right though, this wave will be different - I just wouldn't be so sure that things will be better!

47 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

So? There should be no restrictions anywhere in the world and also no need for vaccines. Just look how all the other pandemics have been and nature have handled it as it should.

Prior to vaccines, hundreds of millions died during pandemics. Perhaps that is a good outcome in your view. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Vaccines don't stop you getting covid19, they greatly reduce how it affects you. In the UK 90% of those in hospital have been vaccinated but not had the booster, 60% are unvaccinated out of a population with 10% unvaccinated. 

You don't seem to understand that vaccination helps protect against infection. 

33 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Vaccines are not preventing omicron even with 3 shot’s, that’s common knowledge. 1 million protesters now in Australia, every day,Australia has just about given up and is letting it run, because they have woken up that it’s the ending of the pandemic and it’s not going to be controlled with lockdown 

What you claim to be common knowledge is a lie. People with a booster shot have significant protection against infection and death. 

Those one million protestors are mostly idiots clamoring to win a Herman Cain award 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if not a doctor nor a scientist what does he know, why does he keeps opening his mouth

I assume for the same reasons that people on this forum keep on like they know what they are talking about … in respect to Covid.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

Whole worlds scared of the sniffles, get real and stop shutting countries down. The UK is doing what we should have done a long time ago!

Oh dear..yet another emissary from the semi-psychotic Land of the Orange Pumpkins..

Kicked off Farcebook,Twatter,Tik Tak and a host of other social media they find their places in "free to air" forums such as this..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that his continued suspension of the Test and Go for foreigners entering Thailand to the end of the month was designed to keep more virus out.

I’m sure Thais are fully capable of making plenty of the virus themselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You mean weeks, watch it rip through the country, but then again, their figures are made up of whatever they want to feed us, that said I would half guess it's in the hundreds of thousands already and unless they test, no one really knows, me included.

What matters are the numbers in hospitals, that is hard to cover up. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if not a doctor nor a scientist what does he know, why does he keeps opening his mouth

Why does he say such things. Thais in the next village to us got Covid-19 in a football team, follow the rules, you have got to be joking!

Everytime he opens his mouth he puts both feet in.

Edited by AussieinThaiJim
Spelling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh dear..yet another emissary from the semi-psychotic Land of the Orange Pumpkins..

Kicked off Farcebook,Twatter,Tik Tak and a host of other social media they find their places in "free to air" forums such as this..

Better than being a negative, fearmongering thai basher like 99% people of here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Soyboy said:

Better than being a negative, fearmongering thai basher like 99% people of here

Oh Dear,I am not  a thai basher..

But if I was the Thai Gov't reading the endlessly obsessive repetitive crud here generated by Ozarkians or wide boys from Lower Piddlington I would simply scoop you up and send you back to the Gorbals or Cloacaville,Alabama where you belong..

DSCN8076.JPG

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

I am vaccinated and i caught the omicron variant last week. No symptoms. Countless people around me cought it and had no symptoms of at worst 2 days big fever, running nose, cough, but nothing fatal.  A close  friend, 74, caught it and had flu and fever, now he's better after 3 days.  Vaccine doesn't protect AT ALL against the new variant. Herd immunity is the only way to get rid of it. Very few people die of it. Open borders and let people go everywhere. This is the end for covid. All these government should get over it and let life start again. Which will happen sooner than later. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

The world should move away from looking at infection figures but look at the hospitalized cases instead.

If you just had a cough, slight fever and headache due to Covid for a few days, it's considered mild and shouldn't be worried about it.

Mild and asymptomatic should not be counted as serious cases. It's serious cases that is worrying.

Yes hospitalization rates are the true indicator, I am in Australia and QR use is manditory everywhere, Testing stations are overloaded most at capacity, Mainly because if the QR reports you in close contact with someone you must get tested (not rapid test). To travel interstate you must get tested. And this is a country where 92% are double vaxed. Hospital rates are down, As are icu cases. Internationals coming in are not the problem for Thailand, they bring in the money and create jobs, Get the vax rate up in Thailand with real vaccines, Stop playing politics.