Wow...Transfer(wise).....that part of the screenshot at the bottom was not there 20 minutes ago

1 minute ago, Pib said:

Wise now uses SCB as one of there partner banks?   You got a reference for that?

Below Wise web page only refers to Bangkok Bank, Kaiskorn Bank, and DeeMoney as its partners in Thailand.  This webpage talks get a FET/Credit Advice from the three financial companies/banks that Wise deals with...uses to complete Wise transfers.   Wise also use to use TMB years ago but I don't think Wise and TMB (now TTB) have partnering relationship anymore.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers?origin=search-thai+baht

My memory was 3  banks but you are right it was TMB rather than SCB.  But they are very fluid so would not exclude possibility they also are using SCB now.  Dee money seemed to appear out of nowhere a few months ago.  

Based on similar posts I seen here on AseanNow over the last few months where people have reported the money transfer company they use has notified them of the Bt50K per transfer limitation I expect (guess) the limitation is specific toward money transfer companies who use a "peer-to-peer" transfer system and have a specific Bank of Thailand money transfer license for such operations...different than a banking license an actual Thai bank has which can offer many types of financial services.

I expect the "specifics" of this new limitation set by the Thai govt anti-money laundering office even hurts banksters' heads.   Where the Wise email says they can still send amounts greater than Bt50K to Bangkok Bank, K-bank, and SCB is an example of how the new rule must be complicated/focused vs a shotgun blast that affects all transfers and at all Thai banks.   I haven't seen anything yet that suggests to me SWIFT, ACH, etc., type transfers which are "bank-to-bank" transfers are affected (i.e., send as much as you want to any Thai bank).

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You think? Are people already having problems as it doesn't become active until tomorrow?

Maybe not the exact same situation but there have been posts a while ago saying that they were advised by their banks that they could not receive more than 50000 Baht with one transfer. Some loss in translation possible as no one expects that bank to bank transfers (SWIFT e.g.) will be affected.

Edited by KhunBENQ

21 hours ago, Mang Gon said:

50,000 baht = $ 1493.21 USD todays rate

Does anyone know how many transfers can be made daily/monthly to a bank?

Wise says you make as many as you like.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Out of interest Baht is dropping again against the USD and has pushed Sterling to 45.71 interbank off the back of it currently at the time of post

Directly linked to Omicron so as that's likely to get a lot worse the baht is likely to get weaker

• Like 1

I did a WISE transfer yesterday, still hasn't arrived in my UOB account. It was supposed to arrive at 10am today. Contacted WISE chat and was told it's been delayed (no reason given) but will be paid in a couple of hours. A couple of hours expired so I rang WISE call centre UK. lady says delay is because of this new regulation. I said woah, your email says it won't be affected. She says this limit has been in place for a week but not acted on by WISE until today. Marvelous.

I've been checking, INSTAREM and REMITELY and WU has this 50,000 baht limitation regardless of who you bank with in thailand.