Thai authorities searching for six European men who left Koh Chang after testing positive for Covid-19

webfact

On 1/8/2022 at 3:02 PM, jacko45k said:

Yeah, good luck with that!

my point s to highlight  the inconsistency thus  all can see it for what it is and engender a loss of face hence forward momentum on the issue,embassies that are always lecturing us need to stop their hypocrisy and practice what they constantly preach.and be held to account.the constant lecturing and whining from western govts and they do nothing when the same things directed at their own citizens and ts not just here,i and most others are tired of this ,im sure your no exception

On 1/8/2022 at 6:51 PM, WEBBYB808 said:

Has anyone read the lates guidance from CDC?

Prior to Monday, people who were fully vaccinated — which the CDC has defined as having two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine — could be exempt from quarantine.

Those who are both fully vaccinated and boosted do not need to quarantine if they are a close contact of someone with COVID, but should wear a mask for at least 10 days after exposure. The same goes for those who are fully vaccinated and not yet eligible for their booster shot.

What CDC are you talking about?  Not Thailand 

On 1/8/2022 at 6:37 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

They have their phone numbers, don't they? And if they have a Thai number, it certainly is trackable.

Even if the had foreign ph#s there phones are trackable and I thought you had to register with a QR code.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

...They followed the rules. If you disagree, please let us know which procedures they violated. 

Was not the registration on a specific mobile phone app (is it called Mo Chana?) and to be traceable through that app part or their permission to enter Thailand?

Are you sure they followed that rule?

Edited by Puccini

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

Was not the registration on a specific mobile phone app (is it called Mo Chana?) and to be traceable through that app part or their permission to enter Thailand?

Are you sure they didn't?

On 1/7/2022 at 9:53 PM, ezzra said:

And infecting every one there...

I wonder about that infection thing (disregarding the current omicron thing).  

My brother in law across the street had covid and was in the hospital for 3 days.   5 other people in the house did not catch it. 

I had covid and wife did not catch it.  Neither did anyone else that and spent some time in the house.   

And then I read and hear about entire families that are infected.  

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope. They didn't violate any rules. 

I don't have time to go through all 8 pages of this post looking for a follow-up, but the original article states that  "... the men had arrived on Test and Go but left after positive tests at Koh Chang Hospital....". How is their situation different from the Israeli? Were they not informed of the positive test at Koh Chang Hospital? It doesn't say that in the original article. If that were the case then yes, I agree that without that knowledge they would not have done anything wrong.

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

I don't have time to go through all 8 pages of this post looking for a follow-up, but the original article states that  "... the men had arrived on Test and Go but left after positive tests at Koh Chang Hospital....". How is their situation different from the Israeli? Were they not informed of the positive test at Koh Chang Hospital? It doesn't say that in the original article. If that were the case then yes, I agree that without that knowledge they would not have done anything wrong.

The whole article seems to have been the source of massive confusion, as is often the case. 8 pages of comments mostly just assuming the worst. It's a lesson in not relying too heavily on the media, and certainly not jumping to any conclusion based on what you read. My understanding is, we still don't know what really happened, and until such time as any of the 6 cares to tell his side of the story, we probably never will.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Puccini said:

Are you suggesting that everyone who fails to register on Mor Chana should be arrested?

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

Their situation is because the Israeli fled during the first day of Test and Go, whereas these gentlemen did not. They did everything required of them, but the authorities failed to find them 6 days after they came to Thailand.

• Like 1