What's your favourite vodka that is easy to get in Thailand?

tomster

Gents,

Going to start Low Carb today beer is out, vodka/soda water/lime is in.

Problem is every time I have been given vodka shots here over the years they taste terrible - I presume the cheap stuff they use in bars is very low quality.

So, looking for a good, easy to get hold of Vodka here (not Smirnoff) - any suggestions welcome?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tomster

7 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

I'm more of a gin martini man myself (hold the vermouth), but try Absolut or Grey Goose, a lot better than the average well vodka at your local bar.

Paul Laew

Thanks, will try to find some later. 

Cheers. 

39 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

I'm more of a gin martini man myself (hold the vermouth), but try Absolut or Grey Goose, a lot better than the average well vodka at your local bar.

Paul Laew

neither of those two "vodkas" are Russian so they don't count, imho ????

• Confused 1

Gilbey’s. A distant second would be Kulov’s, which is actually Thai and fifty baht less. Regardless of which one you choose, pour it straight from the freezer. You can thank me later. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Songlaw said:

Gilbey’s. A distant second would be Kulov’s, which is actually Thai and fifty baht less. Regardless of which one you choose, pour it straight from the freezer. You can thank me later. 

Where is Gilbey's made?

If you were in the Philippines I would be recommending Toska vodka, at 100-150 pesos a bottle. I'd rate it up there with grey goose, definitely better than absolute or stoli. After I turned on a brit there about it, he would take bottles back to Britain as gifts where the consensus was it was the best vodka they'd ever tasted.

Good taste, little to no hangover. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Paul Laew

Shaken or Stirred? :wai:

Best and easiest vodka to get here is the 1 the bartender pours into my orange juice. ????

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Where is Gilbey's made?

Best I can figure is Australia ships it to Thailand. Pretty small print on my bottle of Gilbey's. In Thailand I use Gilbey's in martini, after the first one the taste does get better.

If you're swapping to light beer I guess it's because of weight? Light beer has around .32 grams of sugar per 12 oz serve.

All spirits are into the 20 grams per shot so even if you dilute by 5 or 6 the sugar content will dwarf not only the light beer but also full strength beers in sugar content.

Stay away form tonic water as its also loaded with sugar.

Sodas, soft-drinks as we call them are packed with sugar.

So basically a waste of time drinking any spirit diluted if weight is an issue for you.

If you're swapping light for normal beer and adding vodka diluted because you think you might be drinking too much, then the answer to limiting the effect of alcohol on you is cutting down on intake not swapping the witch for a b.tch. 

Edited by Tropposurfer