Thai police in Omicron alert - crackdowns nationwide to stop spread of variant after PM's order

webfact

1 hour ago, stigar said:

Totally wrong.The customers have to leave 9 pm.

Well I was told differently in a bar/whatever in Bangkok at 20.15.

I was told as I stated, by the staff in the presence of the owner, and this was Sukhumvit Rd near Asoke. 

10 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I must have missed the rule that says "everyone" must wear a mask when at home.

Yeah the dumbest of dumb right, being against all the nonsense measures and then they blame a minister for not following them at home lol. Don't like that minister much but really not see the issue at all.

More likely gives him ideas to hit back and make a new rule: wear masks at home like in Cambodia.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

Just now, Oblomov said:

People die. That's true. Sometimes of old age. Sometimes unfortunately early. Sometimes through very poor and unintelligent life choices. Most in the latter category accept this.

I'm vaccinated but am.aware that the vaccine was not designed for the present incarnation of this virus. 

Research from vetified sources though not sure where your juvenile timidity comes ftom. No doubt obese or some other chosen weakness that makes you timid in the face of nothing much.

99.6% according to data. Look it up if you're able. 

Deltacron. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

Well I was told differently in a bar/whatever in Bangkok at 20.15.

I was told as I stated, by the staff in the presence of the owner, and this was Sukhumvit Rd near Asoke. 

Ok..i just saw he video from pattaya from last nigth when the police told he customers to leave.BKK is in a blue sone so maybe differen there.

13 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Just in case anyone is under some illusion that the latest wave is being cause by allowing tourists in.  The Philippines just recorded a  new all time high of cases.  Almost all apparently Omicron.  They never allowed tourists in.  In a sane world, people would look at that and say, welp I guess travel restrictions on tourists don't do anything, but we no longer live in a sane world.

Maybe because they testing people there.Have that cross ur mind or do u think other reasons?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Obvious to the world? No. I doubt the world thinks about Thailand  much. You refer to making money as though trying to re open, to kick start the economy  is an unusual  policy but its not. All nations are developing  strategies  to get economic  life going again. Thailand  is no exception but since April 2020 has been one of the strictest countries and one of the first to  close its borders. Its currently  like all nations battling to open up again.

Your idea of only 'them' wanting money at the expenses  of people's  health is quite perverse. One current  thought is that the economy  must be opened up for the physical  and material well being if the people and that we must learn to live with covid and restart our businesses rather than endlessly contain  evade or control covid.

The single most important contribution  to a nations health is a healthy  economy.

Regarding the distribution of Covid strains and variants I believe, based on international  scenarios, that Omicron is ascendant but I don't have your epidemiological expertise.

Oh!  I see.  Your one of the struggling  business  owners  who would rush to open before the worlds actually  at a healthy  point to do so.  Now how perverse  and one sided is your desire.   You dont by chance own one if those struggling  bars that exploit  the women do you?

Yeah!  Crackdowns arent happening,  at least not by local bib.  They told a bar on Soi 4 to close at 21:00 Monday night.  After some words from the owner, the bib just sat outside while the Hiso partied well after midnight.   Another bar at the end of Soi 6 just tells the Alcoholics to go sit across  the street on the beach in a certain area and they will shuttle alcoholic  drink to them until ... well until.  Didn't even take them a day to beat the system.  I wonder what attempt the government  will try next.  Oh, if people dont abide  perhaps  another curfew eventually. 

56 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

They were proven to slow the spread down.  

They did not slow anything.  Just delayed it a little bit.  With omicron they don't even delay it.  Unless people all just stop breathing, everyone will be exposed no matter what they do.  Getting vaccinated and/or catching omicron are the only solutions.   Not endlessly restricting people from trying to live their lives.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RoyLee said:

I think excess deaths from all causes is more useful than just covid deaths for 2 reasons:

1. Western countries have fudged the covid stats so much they can't be trusted. 

2. Just glancing at your linked articles they don't consider effects of lockdowns. How many young people are lost to suicide or drug o/d to save an 80 y.o. covid patient?

I am over the constant deflection / minimisation of Covid deaths. As an example USA now stands at approx 830k deaths from Covid, increasing every day and has been identified as reduction of life expectancy in the USA. Yet USA only has 62.3% of population fully vaxxed for which one can fairly blame the anti vaxx movement. Go play your time wasting games with someone else.

Edited by simple1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Yeah!  Crackdowns arent happening,  at least not by local bib.  They told a bar on Soi 4 to close at 21:00 Monday night.  After some words from the owner, the bib just sat outside while the Hiso partied well after midnight.   Another bar at the end of Soi 6 just tells the Alcoholics to go sit across  the street on the beach in a certain area and they will shuttle alcoholic  drink to them until ... well until.  Didn't even take them a day to beat the system.  I wonder what attempt the government  will try next.  Oh, if people dont abide  perhaps  another curfew eventually. 

What is the name of this bar in Soi 4.? I am Hiso so it is time I knew about it. 

I hope it isn't one that exploits the ladies though. 

1 minute ago, Stoker58 said:

Is this the same police who can’t make teenagers wear crash helmets even when they die in droves on the road?

Good to see the tome of comments in this forum shifting back towards realism.

It is a topic about Omicron really, but agreed the police are ineffectual.