Fire destroys garage in Chonburi, owner claims 300,000 baht in gold and cash were stored inside

snoop1130

p1MaEeEW-1030157-768x1024-1-696x408.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

A fire has completely destroyed a garage in the Phanat Nikhom district over the past weekend. The cost of damages is estimated at 300,000 baht.

The Phanat Nikhom Police were notified of the fire at a garage in the Nong Heng sub-district on Sunday, January 9th, 2022.

Firefighters arrived at the scene with five fire engines to find an inferno was completely ablaze. It took about half an hour to control the fire.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/10/fire-destroys-garage-in-chonburi-owner-claims-300000-baht-in-gold-and-cash-were-stored-inside/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

cutting metal next to a highly flamable liquid,  once again we see thai men showing lack of common sense then trying to make a big claim out of it when they are totally to blame, gold will still be there but melted  if it ever was there but I find it hard t believe that they just left that much lying around

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Why does the headline always misrepresent/exaggerate the story?  What was actually stated was;

“The garage stored 100,000 baht cash and gold items and was completely destroyed. The total cost of damages is estimated at 300,000 baht."

Probably also untrue but why the need to embellish.

Habit/tradition.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, seajae said:

cutting metal next to a highly flamable liquid,  once again we see thai men showing lack of common sense then trying to make a big claim out of it when they are totally to blame, gold will still be there but melted  if it ever was there but I find it hard t believe that they just left that much lying around

is the flash point of oil really that low that sparks from cutting metal nearby will cause ignition ?

My father who prior to his death at 100 years  of age lived in a perfectly ordinary house on the property, (working farm).

Myself and other family members and staff also have houses on the property, mostly as get aways which we have built and renovated, but still modest buildings.

Following his death we untook to clear his house and distribute items to family and friends according to his will.

I found a smallish safe in a wardrobe, which none of us were aware existed.  Called local locksmith to get the safe open. Luckily I had other witnesses when the safe was opened, (expecting family papers not held by lawyer to be there) and found gems, gold bars, share certificates which I feel he had forgotten he even had. Value was surprising even for those us who felt we knew his financial situation.

Had there been a fire none of us would have known the safe even existed let alone the undocumented contents.

Surprising what occurs and what is hidden in ordinary buildings 

23 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

is the flash point of oil really that low that sparks from cutting metal nearby will cause ignition ?

They certainly will cause fires, and that's why we have various safe systems of work on offshore oil rigs including hot work permits, fire watch and other controls.

13 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Maybe money is burn,t but gold  gone  no way.The insurance company will find the claim is hard to pay out

I seem to recall cash claimed to have been sitting around would not be covered, even valuables have to be listed prior with receipts.... so I recall when investigating property insurance once. A fireproof safe may be the best option......

• Like 1