Over a hundred customers reportedly flee during late night Pattaya police raid on alleged entertainment venue posing as an “art gallery” in Jomtien

webfact

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you? Anywhere else, where places are allowed to open, which is almost everywhere, they are also allowed to operate normal hours, not close at some time picked out of the air.

The various states in the US and I'm sure many countries have had all kinds of equally ridiculous blue laws, liquor laws, etc. for 100 years or more. So there's one. next question? Oh, explain what they're doing as to 9pm/10:30pm? They're trying to limit exposure by curtailing the hours people are allowed to spend drinking and socializing in public, which is scientifically and statistically valid. has nothing to do with the drinking or the booze. Has to do with crowds and exposure. Capiche?

Edited by Jonathan Swift

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

maybe he had just finsihed reading this: 

???? 13 posts up to now from you by same trend ......, BTW were you one of the fugitive runners ....or did you twisted your ankle by running away ? ???? ...... just curious what makes you soo upset ????

????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. That was the point I was making. Open up or don't open at all, not dream up some arbitrary hours, which then change anyway. Norway obviously has more sense.

Last nigth he goverment told that from today bars/pubs/restaurants allowed to sell alcohol until 11 pm.

Exactly my point. One day it's safe to drink only until 9, the next day it's safe until 11. No wonder people ignore rules that make no sense at all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Exactly my point. One day it's safe to drink only until 9, the next day it's safe until 11. No wonder people ignore rules that make no sense at all.

By doing this they hope give a little chance  to those owners to make a money and hope to limit the contagious covid  risk by following he rules  ..... but that is a hopeless thought when farang barflies are involved ..... no discipline ....!????

5 minutes ago, david555 said:
19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

By doing this they hope give a little chance  to those owners to make a money and hope to limit the contagious covid  risk by following he rules  ..... but that is a hopeless thought when farang barflies are involved ..... no discipline ....!????

Nonsense. It's all about control, with no logical thought or reason to it. One day the limit is 9pm, the next day with Covid still spreading it's 11pm. No wonder people ignore arbitrary and senseless rules. Farang and Thai, because from the countless videos and photos I've seen, most drinkers everywhere are Thais. Still, might as well have a few farang bashers on here, as a change to Thai bashers, hmm?

BTW, the last time I was in a bar was March 2020. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nonsense. It's all about control, with no logical thought or reason to it. One day the limit is 9pm, the next day with Covid still spreading it's 11pm. No wonder people ignore arbitrary and senseless rules. Farang and Thai, because from the countless videos and photos I've seen, most drinkers everywhere are Thais. Still, might as well have a few farang bashers on here, as a change to Thai bashers, hmm?

So you are one of the few good ones .....keeping yourself safe (and so also others...) ????????

So i am wondering why the comment on those rules as a non user ? Or just a Thai  Gov. basher  hmm....? (555)

Edited by david555

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

So you are one of the few good ones .....keeping yourself safe (and so also others...) ????????

So i am wondering why the comment on those rules as a non user ? Or just a Thai  Gov. basher  hmm....? (555)

Okay. I'll let you explain to us why drinking in a bar beyond 9pm is forbidden one day, but the next day - with Covid still spreading - it is allowed until 11pm. That's what I've read on this site anyway, as the rules are changed yet again. And why it's okay to buy a can of beer in 7-11 at 1.59 but not at 2.01, but that's another subject. It is only about control, nothing else. Governments love that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Okay. I'll let you explain to us why drinking in a bar beyond 9pm is forbidden one day, but the next day - with Covid still spreading - it is allowed until 11pm. That's what I've read on this site anyway, as the rules are changed yet again. And why it's okay to buy a can of beer in 7-11 at 1.59 but not at 2.01, but that's another subject. It is only about control, nothing else. Governments love that.

well that is right ....,

all over Europe they are doing it also  ..., so Thailand is no exception ..., seems ALL the gov. do not know anymore how to handle .... as te economy is now their main concern , it looks from all of them a try and error case ...... choosing between the plague and the cholera 

Edited by david555

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Norway closed selling alcohol in mid december.Not in shops ur liquerstores.Like i told from today bars/pubs etc allowed to sell alcohol until 11 pm.I read the news today that he ermergencyhospitals said that since they closed the cases for violance had drop alot.So is also a positive affect if stop selling alcohol in pubs etc

12 hours ago, ezzra said:

Cats and mice, catch me if you can games... CAN IT BE more ridiculous than this i wonder? has the police nothing better to do? no pride?... guess not...

Shhhh! Their boss said they are doing a great job ????????

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nobody adheres to the rules and respects the law here though?

Should we foreigners be the exception?

Thailand is such a corrupt country that no one respects the laws here, and the people who should be enforcing them.  

17 hours ago, smedly said:

over crowding no social distancing - are the having a laugh, I passed through soi buakoew last night and every venue was rammed, the cops must go past their with their eyes closed or all these venues are fully paid up

Fully owned more like it ...

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A society that surrenders it's freedom in order to be safe, will end up with neither freedom nor safety.

Yeah yeah yeah, wave a flag and march up the High st.

But if some crazed nut runs around stabbing people...(as happened again just in the UK)... I hope we have a Policeman or two that will take him down!

• Like 1

So, The RTP ignore social distancing themselves to "raid a bar' they should just stand outside and tell people to leave? of course not they will create situation because it will generate income. expose people to panic, Sure the law was broken, by the establishment, by causing people to extend their stay. The police should stand outside and order the place to close and tell the people to leave, not rush in to force a problem just for a financial return. In my city in Thailand the police would drive around 30 mins before closure time, to remind the bar owners that closing time was coming up, and would continue the circuit until after all places had closed or they would pop in , fine the owner and make sure it closed for the night.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you? Anywhere else, where places are allowed to open, which is almost everywhere, they are also allowed to operate normal hours, not close at some time picked out of the air.

The same rules apply almost everywhere in Europe....

• Confused 2

On 1/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

Smedly was making an objective factual observation. I've been to Soi Buakau, and the bars there ARE rammed until 11pm closing every night. I was actually surprised to see it. That's not an opinion or viewpoint on what's best for public health. There's no argument to be had here. Don't know where your combativeness is coming from, maybe you need a drink or two. 

Maybe 3.  Lol.  I think its the way to immunity, the mass gatherings,  as I just finished  my bout with the Vid.  I was scared before, but have had worse colds.

• Thanks 1