Covid-19 Could Become Endemic in 2022, Says DDC

snoop1130

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

everyone is ahead of WHO, they are useless

Who is ahead of WHO?...they are the 'head' of this Snake - all the science and health guidelines come from them, passed to the various countries Chief Health Officer and from there parroted to the Gov. officials and memo-ed out to all the regional health authorities. They are ALL pushing the same narrative because it comes from the same source. India and recently Japan, as an example, were the ones that took an independent measure away from the WHO guidelines and involved early treatment protocol, which led to phenomenal results.

Thailand has done nothing independent or even rational - they have followed the guidelines as the majority of countries do and became another obedient customer for Big Pharma.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yesterday Mexico had 45,000 new infections and added 148 to its already high 300,000 deaths. Thailand had 8000 new infections and total deaths added 15 to make under 22,000.

Who does that make silly exactly?

Sounds about equal to me. Mexico is huge. Central America, South America,  are all open. Business as usual. As long as vaccinated you are welcome here. Only way you can tell there is a problem is hand sanitizer everywhere and all wearing masks. It has really opened my eyes to other destinations.

I don't really care anymore, but it looks like SE Asia in general does not want to open. Using Covid as an excuse is all I can think of.

Thailand seems to me to be a lot further behind many other countries in allowing this disease to be designated endemic. Where we're seeing many European countries adopting a more relaxed approach, there's still a paranoia existing in Thailand with its field hospitals and alcohol restrictions.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Danderman123 said:

2,000+ are dying every day in the US from Covid.

The elephant in the room that is being totally ignored is that covid uncovered just how sick people generally are. Western society is a lifestyle disease. Overworked, over-stressed, malnourished, rampant self-treatment (alcohol & drugs) and insurmountable denial. The general public (everywhere) is a mixed bag of co-morbidities waiting to happen, all they need is a trigger, an immune insult to fire them off.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinformation comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, LetsGoJoe said:

The elephant in the room that is being totally ignored is that covid uncovered just how sick people generally are. Western society is a lifestyle disease. Overworked, over-stressed, malnourished, rampant self-treatment (alcohol & drugs) and insurmountable denial. The general public (everywhere) is a mixed bag of co-morbidities waiting to happen, all they need is a trigger, an immune insult to fire them off.

I agree in the US allot of folks are lazy and over weight, but not all. But, definitely a problem. I keep myself in shape and am healthy and travel allot. I got a mild case of Covid after being vaccinated and did just fine, and I am 70. My neighbor was my same age in the US and never exercised and was over weight. Had all kind of issues because of obesity and other things. He was a conspiracy guy also. A preacher and he told me god would protect him.  He died of Covid..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, LetsGoJoe said:

How do you explain young, healthy people dying from Covid?

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And yesterday Mexico had 45,000 new infections and added 148 to its already high 300,000 deaths. Thailand had 8000 new infections and total deaths added 15 to make under 22,000.

The Mexican authorities test the population and publish the results and I have no doubt that they are telling the truth.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:56 PM, spidermike007 said:

He added Thailand is quite ahead of WHO and many countries in many things such as cross-vaccination, the country’s reopening, Phuket sandbox, and possibly this time the endemic forecast.

Really? A statement like this is certainly proof that Thailand and it's so called experts are completely out to lunch and disconnected from reality. Thailand is ahead of many countries when it comes to their reopening? Did I misread that? 70 countries have been open for over a year, without any restrictions other than a double vax and a PCR test. And Thailand continues to embarrass itself with it's extreme timidity, inconsistent policy and cowardice. 

get your hand off it mate. why do you live here if you hate the place so much?

10 hours ago, yuznmeez said:

oh my god, it's the end, we're all going to die of..............................the common cold. 

except that it's not the common cold, not yet. that's just naive and flippant. I'm of the opinion that they should let Omicron take it's course but I'm also mature enough to understand the consequences of such an action. I'm willing to help out at the ICU, are you?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

because of the containment measures in place. are you five years old? ????

Absolutely NOTHING to do with containment, everything to do with Omicron being a weaker strain and vaccination. ( scientific fact ) but of course you will not accept that.

I just got off the phone with my friend in Mexico. She said she was just getting over omicron. She was double vaccinated and got her third booster right before she tested positive. Her exact words were it was like having a cold. Bit of a cough and a little achy.  Very mild.

1 hour ago, Jimjim1 said:

Absolutely NOTHING to do with containment, everything to do with Omicron being a weaker strain and vaccination. ( scientific fact ) but of course you will not accept that.

The problem is that Thailand has tens of millions of unvaccinated, all of whom may suffer greatly from Omicron infection.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, garyk said:

I don't really care anymore, but it looks like SE Asia in general does not want to open. Using Covid as an excuse is all I can think of.

I doubt that.... just a different approach. Some even think they are not doing enough. They pretty much let Pattaya celebrate New Year and made only a lip service to restrictions, which clearly would never be followed. 

7 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

The Mexican authorities test the population and publish the results and I have no doubt that they are telling the truth.

And yet their total number of tests is less than Thailand....Mexico, with a larger population. The per capita is hence far less. If people claim Thailand is undertesting, trying to point at Mexico with more infections, more deaths and lower testing is a nonsense!

On 1/15/2022 at 8:42 AM, RichardColeman said:

till the election is done and dusted would be my guess, then open fully

Do my eyes deceive me? reading the data published in that Thai Newspaper this morning ,death rates are way down 18 yesterday compared to multiple hundreds in August, dose this say Omicron has spread more than reported? as it is only bound to be underreported as it is in the UK and SA, and Canada ,Canada is abandoning tests as they can not produce enough, people are told to not bother testing and go to hospital only if symptoms get bad, otherwise stay home for five days then wear a mask for a few days.

Many Thais would just brush this off as Pben wat , the flue, and not bother to seek any treatment,, but the death rate tells a story , that looks like Omicron has spread wider than reported, maybe because of the above, and people are not dyeing, in January 22 like they were in August 21.

The US had half the cases yesterday, as the day before, and a third the number of fatalities. Let us hope it continues downward.

In the meanwhile, Thailand is NOT experiencing the massive rise in cases they were fear mongering about last week, and the deaths are not rising, at all. So, yes it looks like all the panic was for nothing, and this thing is going to diminish quite soon. Stop the panic, people. 

• Like 1

Weeks into Florida's omicron wave, surge of COVID-19 deaths begins
Palm Beach Post

Florida on Friday (JAN 14, 2022) its biggest COVID-19 death spike since the Thanksgiving holiday.

Florida logged 470 more viral fatalities among residents statewide in the past week, health officials reported Friday, the biggest seven-day increase since Nov. 26 Deaths can take weeks to be processed and make their way into state statistics.

The deadly escalation comes as the state Health Department reported a record 429,311 new infections in the past week.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2022/01/15/florida-covid-deaths-spike-omicron-surges-deadly-toll-begins-show/6512006001/

Useful article from the AP on omicron and the future of COVID:

Expect more worrisome variants after omicron, scientists say

Experts don’t know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there’s no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them. They urge wider vaccination now, while today’s shots still work.

“People have wondered whether the virus will evolve to mildness. But there’s no particular reason for it to do so,” he said. “I don’t think we can be confident that the virus will become less lethal over time.”

“These huge unvaccinated swaths in the U.S., Africa, Asia, Latin America and elsewhere are basically variant factories,” said Dr. Prabhat Jha of the Centre for Global Health Research at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto. “It’s been a colossal failure in global leadership that we have not been able to do this.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-dc99bc9f769dd6d7cb669e3d185c6261

• Confused 1

On 1/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, greenhornfarang said:

Canadians in Quebec have been on lockdown since 2020 with the exception of 1 short summer. We cannot even go shopping on Sundays now because that is also illegal. Oh and walking our dogs past 10pm was also illegal this year until people started to get really upset that their pets had sh*t in their home, because it's for our own health and Science. Please don't use Canada as some great example to follow, you don't know what it's like to be locked down for 2 years straight and you don't know what it's like not to be able to walk your dog after dark because you will get a 1500$ fine, if you want a good example of free people living the freedom life without vaccines passports curfews lockdowns and tyranny  please use Florida or Texas, where most Canadians are fleeing in droves.

I do not wish to use Canada as any example, it sounds bad, but hey, police are now throwing innocent people into Jail for not being vaccinated, they are now threatening us with not being able to travel; or go to cafes, ect without a vaccine passport that does nothing to protect you from super spreaders , vaccinated people that can get Omicron and spread it, it is total BS.

In fact Australis and NZ seem worse than our good mates Canada, wishing you Well cousin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Useful article from the AP on omicron and the future of COVID:

Expect more worrisome variants after omicron, scientists say

Experts don’t know what the next variants will look like or how they might shape the pandemic, but they say there’s no guarantee the sequels of omicron will cause milder illness or that existing vaccines will work against them. They urge wider vaccination now, while today’s shots still work.

“People have wondered whether the virus will evolve to mildness. But there’s no particular reason for it to do so,” he said. “I don’t think we can be confident that the virus will become less lethal over time.”

“These huge unvaccinated swaths in the U.S., Africa, Asia, Latin America and elsewhere are basically variant factories,” said Dr. Prabhat Jha of the Centre for Global Health Research at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto. “It’s been a colossal failure in global leadership that we have not been able to do this.”

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-pandemics-dc99bc9f769dd6d7cb669e3d185c6261

Well I do not agree, simply on the data and my daily studies from medical virologists around the world, they say this will not mutate to worse , however it is possible if, it is done in a laboitory, even then Omicron will probably displace variants, this happened with the Spanish flue which was not Spanish but came from the USA via troop ships.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 2:59 PM, kiwikeith said:

I do not wish to use Canada as any example, it sounds bad, but hey, police are now throwing innocent people into Jail for not being vaccinated, they are now threatening us with not being able to travel; or go to cafes, ect without a vaccine passport that does nothing to protect you from super spreaders , vaccinated people that can get Omicron and spread it, it is total BS.

In fact Australis and NZ seem worse than our good mates Canada, wishing you Well cousin.

For the umpteenth time, no - vaccines do not prevent infection or spread - what they are for is that if you catch whatever virus you've been vaccinated against, the resulting symptoms are much less serious - death ceasing to be one of them!

Vaccine passport? simple - just show it where you go.

If you chose not be vaccinated, I'll prepare a version of this in crayon for you!