Proof of flight return ticket for covid extension?

28 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

.....maybe also come up with more attractive TR visas (like perhaps a simplified STV)

Slightly off topic but personally think Thailand has a very wide range of flexible options.

They have the METV (currently not good option as requires exits.

However can give up to 9 months in "normal" times.

Thailand has visa exempt and some other countries do not.

My personal go to joint is Vietnam and pretty much all I can get there is 3 month multiple entry.

That would be a nice one if Thailand provided that. 

Personally think Thailand is very flexible.

Now with exit-reentry unavailable the covid extensions have been a godsend for some. 

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up are you going to obtain a visa. For your flight to Thailand the airline does not need to see onward flight if you have a visa.

As for TP, your visa or flying visa exempt has nothing to do with flights (as I understand it). 

If flying visa exempt to Thailand then yes you need onward flight and a ticket from one of those  companies will work.

As for topic of this thread again "rent a ticket" should work.

The thing is why is Bangkok immigration asking for this, for covid extensions.

Individual io creep or higher up io creep? 

"First up are you going to obtain a visa."

Thai Embassy Hanoi:

"TOURIST VISA

1. REQUIREMENT

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completely filled out;
  • Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant;
  • Evidence of travel in and out of Thailand (e.g. Air ticket receipt paid in full);
  • Evidence of adequate finance (850 USD per person and 1250 USD per family) for the entire duration of stay in Thailand;
  • Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary"

https://rtehanoi.thaiembassy.org/th/page/cate-1761-visa-information?menu=5d7de15d15e39c3484001bba

As far as I can tell this is the official Thai Gov't. site.

Edited by JimmyJ

HCM Thai Consulate also requires it for a Tourist Visa:

"2.4. Evidence of transportation  

• Flight itinerary for ROUND TRIP ticket 
  • The ticket must show the applicant’s name, departure date and time, and flight details"

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a791&menu=5d80ab3215e39c2fe800a722

Edited by JimmyJ

On 1/16/2022 at 4:25 PM, aussiexpat said:

Why is there even a covid extension option? Anyone can leave Thailand anytime they want, even fortress Australia is now open without quarantine on arrival so what real reason would someone actually need a covid extension?

Because ppl want to stay in Thailand and this may be the only/easiest option. There is no reason why one cannot leave Thailand.

So I went to get my 60 day covid extension and it was the smoothest process so far. I had a booking so I didn't need to wait at all. The whole thing took me 5-10 min and I was out of there. Nothing was asked – just the basic TR visa extension papers. I highly recommend making an online booking. Last time I was there about 1,5 hrs and this time 5-10 min so you can save a lot of time. 

Now I just hope they will extend the covid extension option further. Personally I would go back to Europe for the summer, so if possible will keep extending until then. If they stop giving it, I don't see any options if trips to neighbouring countries are still not possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

So I went to get my 60 day covid extension and it was the smoothest process so far. I had a booking so I didn't need to wait at all. The whole thing took me 5-10 min and I was out of there. Nothing was asked – just the basic TR visa extension papers. I highly recommend making an online booking. Last time I was there about 1,5 hrs and this time 5-10 min so you can save a lot of time. 

Now I just hope they will extend the covid extension option further. Personally I would go back to Europe for the summer, so if possible will keep extending until then. If they stop giving it, I don't see any options if trips to neighbouring countries are still not possible. 

Where, at MTT?

Also read a recent google review that said it was only for 30 days now...

Lastly I want to just get a 1 year student or volunteer visa and be done with it, anyone know a good, discreet agent? Tired of the uncertainty of covid extensions.

10 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Also read a recent google review that said it was only for 30 days now.

Covid extensions are all 60 days.

Some offices give under consideration stamp and that means you return for your final stamp mid way. 

As for your other question. 

Don't think non O volunteering and extension is now available.

Ed visa is messy. 

Stay with covid extensions.

Use an agent if your over dealing with immigration. 

• Like 1