Lazada: Policy Regarding Fake Items

NokYai611

That's how things are with Lazada and Shoppe alike, pay first and hope for the best and let me tell ya that i had a fair share of crappy and shoddy merchandise send to me which i had to fight with them to return and get refund and not always successful.. so buyer beware is the name of the game here...

• Like 1

Same experience with shopee/lazada, it's hit or miss and you're kind of accepting that the item might be garbage when buying from those sites.

Shopee guarantee/returns have been better than Lazada in my opinion. 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, NokYai611 said:

“It’s a FAKE well we are sorry for the inconvenience……but no return/refund for FAKES.”  Caveat emptor as always eh?

I've never had an issue returning fake or wrong items with lazada.

I don’t bother with CoD... but sometimes receive ‘fake’ items, or am the recipient of a scam where the seller has just sent out something completely different, a piece of worthless junk.

I simply file for return and a courier collects the item, the money is received back on my card. 

But - it does seem that there are an increasing amount of chancers who send trash and hope we don’t return the item - more scams on this site as they realise Lazada doesnt kick them off for their deception (I don’t know about shopee).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Lazada does has a very efficient return policy.

Normally you have a period of 7-14 days after delivery to do this.

One of the many reasons for the return of your order is suspected fake items.

If you have a problem with your purchase you just go to your order, click on return/refund and follow the very simple instructions. 

You don't even need to pay for the return delivery, a courier will come to your address within a couple of days, print a label and take your package.

Once the return procedure is triggered, the seller has 7 days to respond. If they don't then Lazada themselves should reimburse you your money.

In my opinion, it is a waste of time contacting customer service, messaging the seller or writing poor reviews.

If you have a legitimate reason to be unsatisfied with your order, use their return policy. It is what it is there for.

• Like 1

"Normally I pay in advance (small priced items) but decided to do COD for 1 higher priced item.  I suspected the item was FAKE.  I thought I could examine the item before paying the driver - but learned that this is not possible.  Lazada customer service explained that if I had paid the driver and  then determined the item was FAKE…..this would not support getting a refund.  They explained only LazMall items are guaranteed to be genuine!!  So everything on their site, except LazMall items, if FAKE, are the buyer’s problem.  Wow!  I would think long and hard before ordering any higher priced item from Lazada.  “It’s a FAKE well we are sorry for the inconvenience……but no return/refund for FAKES.”  Caveat emptor as always eh?"

One of the valid reasons for returning an item is "Not as Described". If it is a fake you should be able to return it under this. i.e. You buy a Samsung phone and it is a fake, then not as described as a Samsung phone! I don't really see your problem with this?

• Like 1

I order a lot and i mean a lot on Lazada. Are you saying that if you pay COD there is no return option on your account? I simply can't believe this, but if that's the case then I applaud myself for never using COD as many do here.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A snake-pit of fakes.

Some so obvious that no mentally healthy person would assume it's genuine.

You can't get a 35000 Euro Patek Phillipe for 18900 Baht.

There is no 2 TB USB Stick for some xxx Baht.

Other stuff often difficult to identify.

Correct and then there are the ones selling cheap phones under a name slightly different to a big brand. i.e. Samsang Note or Sumsung Note. 

4 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I order a lot and i mean a lot on Lazada. Are you saying that if you pay COD there is no return option on your account? I simply can't believe this, but if that's the case then I applaud myself for never using COD as many do here.

There is a return option, I have used it many times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NokYai611 said:

I would think long and hard before ordering any higher priced item from Lazada

but you didnt buy the higher priced
you bought the cheap one
that was obviously so cheap it gave you doubts and in reality,
you knew it was fake before you purchased.

1 hour ago, NokYai611 said:

Normally I pay in advance (small priced items) but decided to do COD for 1 higher priced item.  I suspected the item was FAKE.

• Like 1

Probably all explained in the T&C somewhere, and in not so small print.

Always helps the read the 'instructions' now and then.  Most things are spelled out in the listings, again, in the not so small print.

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

I think there is, one thing about COD is they have to issue the “credit” back to you and not cash 

my experience with shopee is they’d only give me shopee pay credit but first you need to activate shopee wallet which was a hassle to do as a foreigner. You can’t use the regular app as a foreigner and have to download the ShopeePay app 

I wonder how it is with Lazada 

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Checking reviews of product and seller should give you a good idea

I agree.....I have ordered LOADS of stuff and never needed to return a single purchase.....

Ok I bought some PC speakers for like 80 baht and they sucked...But hey I was stupid for buying a cheap product...Every bad purchase I have made was because of me being a cheap charlie or not looking closely at what I was buying....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pravda said:

COD is by far the best payment method.....If they don't deliver the goods they get ZERO.......ZERO is a number that gets people motivated real fast....

The only downside to COD is you almost never get any special deals on shipping costs.....

7 hours ago, dj230 said:

I think there is, one thing about COD is they have to issue the “credit” back to you and not cash 

my experience with shopee is they’d only give me shopee pay credit but first you need to activate shopee wallet which was a hassle to do as a foreigner. You can’t use the regular app as a foreigner and have to download the ShopeePay app 

how did you manage to register on Shopee pay app? it didn't accept photo of passport and help function all in thai had no chat contact option that i could see

Many have posted something along the following……..Lazada has a good return policy so what are you complaining about?  Well I am glad you are happy with the return policy but, if you notice in my post, I wanted to confirm the policy with Lazada by contacting Customer Service.  Again, I was told that I could NOT return anything based on it being a FAKE.  Thought it might be nice to share but…..

On 1/17/2022 at 9:04 PM, dj230 said:

Shopee activate your 'wallet' for you when they give a refund.

Had 6,200bht back last week into my 'wallet', then another 2 days back into my bank account. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, NokYai611 said:

Wow!  I would think long and hard before ordering any higher priced item from Lazada.  “It’s a FAKE well we are sorry for the inconvenience……but no return/refund for FAKES.”  Caveat emptor as always eh?

The alternative is to decide whether, due to the price, the item is likely to be fake and then message the vendor for specific confirmation that it is genuine/original.   If it's confirmed by the seller to be genuine but turns out to be fake, i.e. not the item that you ordered or the one that was described, Lazada will refund you.   If you just buy, hoping it's real, then you're on your own.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:39 PM, NokYai611 said:

I thought I could examine the item before paying the driver - but learned that this is not possible.

That's what I've been saying for a long time only to be shouted down by all the usual suspects who "always open their COD packages before paying and never have any objections from the driver" even though it is official Lazada policy not to allow that!

On 1/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, ezzra said:

i had a fair share of crappy and shoddy merchandise send to me which i had to fight with them to return and get refund and not always successful..

There's a difference between goods that are, subjectively, "crappy and shoddy" and those that are just counterfeit!   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 1/17/2022 at 2:09 PM, grain said:

I've bought several things through Lazada & Shopee and always have fairly lengthy chats about the product with the dealer before biting the bullet.

Exactly, that's the way to protect yourself from getting stuck with fakes, ask the vendor specific questions.

On 1/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, Chris.B said:

"Normally I pay in advance (small priced items) but decided to do COD for 1 higher priced item.  I suspected the item was FAKE.  I thought I could examine the item before paying the driver - but learned that this is not possible.  Lazada customer service explained that if I had paid the driver and  then determined the item was FAKE…..this would not support getting a refund.  They explained only LazMall items are guaranteed to be genuine!!  So everything on their site, except LazMall items, if FAKE, are the buyer’s problem.  Wow!  I would think long and hard before ordering any higher priced item from Lazada.  “It’s a FAKE well we are sorry for the inconvenience……but no return/refund for FAKES.”  Caveat emptor as always eh?"

One of the valid reasons for returning an item is "Not as Described". If it is a fake you should be able to return it under this. i.e. You buy a Samsung phone and it is a fake, then not as described as a Samsung phone! I don't really see your problem with this?

I suppose that it depends, partly, on how much is paid for it.   If the price is so low that any reasonable person would presume that it had to be fake then you may not get very far with a refund claim but if the price was nearer to a genuine item's price you'd be on better ground.

Edited by Liverpool Lou