Got refusal of 60 days covid extension visa

I am from Hong Kong on STV visa, already finished 270 days stay. I have seen many people successful in getting 60 days COVID extension. However, i went Hua Hin immigration to apply COVID visa. On the first day, the IO said I need to get embassy letter. The second day i brought the Chinese embassy letter which was adviced by the Chinese embassy staff via phone to the immigration office. The IO first chop me the stamp to get 15 days and returned later to get 45 more days. After that, the IO said he cannot give me the stamp as the supervisor refused. He asked why i cannot come back Hong Kong, i answered i have no way to book the quarantine hotel and flight for 2 days later. He asked if i can show the flight 2 months later, i said of coz i can. But then the supervisor still refused to give the stamp to me. I think they have many many excuses not give stamp, eg. the embassy letter, the flight.... But these documents i have already prepared on the next day and the IO still cant give the chop. Really speechless. What can i do as my visa due 20Jan. Can i just go to Bangkok immigration to try or any other easier immigration? TIA

• Thanks 1

"STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand up to 90 days including the quarantine period.

The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at the maximum of 90 days per each extension."

STV visa holders do not qualify for the COVID extensions. You will have to fly back home. Last resort is maybe try an agent but I doubt they can help you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

STV visa holders do not qualify for the COVID extensions.

Says who?

Everybody qualifies for the Covid extension.

1 hour ago, Socheng said:

The second day i brought the Chinese embassy letter which was adviced by the Chinese embassy staff via phone to the immigration office.

If you can get an embassy letter you can get an "embassy letter extension", giving you 30 days, instead of the covid extension. (60 days from the Covid extension is obviously more convenient/cheaper)

Yes. STV can only stay up to 270 days, but i saw many people from US with STV also get the 60 days extension successfully.

STV is for 270 days only and cannot be extended. Nationality does not matter in case of STV.

STV is non extendable & non convertible.

Immigration order here -

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/visa-extension/#1634531591168-a80c2307-445c

An alien will be permitted to extend a visa for 2 times, each permission will be granted for not exceeding 90 days

An alien who entering into the kingdom from 3th July 2022 onwards will not be permitted to extend visa

An alien, who is permitted to stay in the kingdom not more than 30th September 2022 and wishes to extend the length of stay for STV, must submit an application for visa extension before 30th September 2022

• Like 1

i saw many people from US with STV also get the 60 days extension successfully.

Where, which Immigration office, did these many people get get a 60 day COVID extension, on a previously twice extended STV?

I mean I'd probably try that office, right.

There is a poll on this issue on FB, with quite a load of detail... Seven people reported success, four reported denial, three didn't try and left before 270 days.

That's just the first thing that popped on a search, there are more results.

As with most things YMMV.

stv60 day.jpg

11 minutes ago, stigar said:

I agree with u.I wonder what these people will do if thailand stop give extension.I guess panic will brake loose.

I don't think so. They'll either leave or the ones with money will find other options. Money still talks. But it's gonna continue being extended for now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

You are like a broken record fella - You appear on every single Covid extension thread spouting the same <deleted> - We all know your views on people applying for Covid extensions and i cant wait to read your bitterness when they announce the continuation of Covid extensions throughout 2022.

People here on Covid extensions have as much right to be here as someone like yourself who is here on a marraige extension.

Take it easy man, you don't have to be so mad haha, I have only expressed my opinion on the matter and I have nothing against covid extensions ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Such opinion or conjecture is irrelevant. Multiple CE method is Legal. 
Case Closed.

Without conjecture Asean Now would cease to exist...555.  Let me ask you this, is it legal to lie on CE application? Case back open ????

24 minutes ago, bbko said:

Yes they have a legal right, but so many are using the covid extension under false pretenses, I've read about people doing 3-4-5 covid extensions, you're telling me they really want to get back to their country but due to covid they can't in 6-12 months? Surrrree.

Ur rigth.Like i ask earlier...what gana happends with his folks if they stop issue covid-extension.

I think many will have problems if that happend.I went back to my country without any problem.

51 minutes ago, bbko said:

Yes they have a legal right, but so many are using the covid extension under false pretenses, I've read about people doing 3-4-5 covid extensions, you're telling me they really want to get back to their country but due to covid they can't in 6-12 months? Surrrree.

No, they want to stay in Thailand , they don't want to go back to their home Country 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yeah, but it is kind of annoying to read your repeated post that this program won't be forever. Um...of course we know that. It's a 'covid' extension. Which means when covid is considered by them to be no longer a valid argument for continuing to be here, they will end the program. Thanks for the reminder...I think we all know it is not a 'forever' thing!  :cheesy:

You don't have to read it if is annoying you and nobody asked you to reply on it ????

My fiance from China got 2 Covid extension on top of her STV 270 days, without any problem or embassy letter, this was in Phuket immigration office.

@Socheng you better contact an agent, if you know one in HH. If not then you can contact ThaiVisaCenter (they are advertising here) or PM me if you like I can ask an agent I know (in Phuket).

Or maybe try another immigration office like BKK, but your time is tight.

Cheers and best of luck.

Edited by sallecc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sallecc said:

My fiance from China got 2 Covid extension on top of her STV 270 days, without any problem or embassy letter, this was in Phuket immigration office.

@Socheng you better contact an agent, if you know one in HH. If not then you can contact ThaiVisaCenter (they are advertising here) or PM me if you like I can ask an agent I know (in Phuket).

Cheers and best of luck.

I was about to recommend the same office.  Phuket Town immigration seems to be the most easy-going for giving covid extensions.

12 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Once again, I always said that COVID extensions wouldn't be given forever but people don't want to believe the truth ????

"The truth is out there. I want to believe." (insert UFO image here)

Do you offer lottery numbers and astrology readings? Any stock picks?

I don't think anyone claimed or is claiming that COVID extensions would be given "forever"?

At a minimum I think they will be extended 25 Jan and 25 Mar, and assuming border normalization, then that might be it.

Anyway, this thread is about a special type of visa, which owing to its potential length (270 days - little FH experiences to date), and clear condition of no extension/conversion is in a bit of a grey area. I think Imm should grant qualifying COVID extensions (as if it were a TR/TVE) on the STV, but that's just my opinion. IMO a senior Imm official should weigh in with a decision and broadcast that kingdom-wide. Likelihood that happens? ZERO.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"The truth is out there. I want to believe." (insert UFO image here)

Do you offer lottery numbers and astrology readings? Any stock picks?

I don't think anyone claimed or is claiming that COVID extensions would be given "forever"?

At a minimum I think they will be extended 25 Jan and 25 Mar, and assuming border normalization, then that might be it.

Anyway, this thread is about a special type of visa, which owing to its potential length (270 days - little FH experiences to date), and clear condition of no extension/conversion is in a bit of a grey area. I think Imm should grant qualifying COVID extensions (as if it were a TR/TVE) on the STV, but that's just my opinion. IMO a senior Imm official should weigh in with a decision and broadcast that kingdom-wide. Likelihood that happens? ZERO.

I have an STV. In the event of covid extensions not being continued I have an appointment booked for the 25th. If they are continued I will cancel the appointment and go closer to my expiry date. To facilitate this I am using an agent (I hate immigration anyway) At no point has there been any mention of covid extensions not being available to STV holders