Unexpected Cars

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, competition time.

Saw this ride today, road legal and would think it really cool cruising the promenade at Pattaya :ermm:, BUT what is it. I know, who's first. And sorry, it's not for sale :D.

post-41816-0-69074100-1288599765_thumb.j post-41816-0-51961000-1288599785_thumb.j

A clue, half the roof has been removed with a machete, l think. :D

All you guru's out there, not have a clue, a guess, come on, there's a big prise. :lol:

Nope. Already done. The big prise was prising the roof off in the first place.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that slight spelling era there!

So what's the answer, who won it and what's the prize?

i saw a old hyundai accent with the logo's changed to honda civic.

Pretty sure the logo's cost more than the car.

Gotta grab myself a picture of it, its hilarious

im 50% sure it was an imported one on top of that, wheel on the left side

Edited by ilyelol

i saw a old hyundai accent with the logo's changed to honda civic.

Pretty sure the logo's cost more than the car.

Gotta grab myself a picture of it, its hilarious

im 50% sure it was an imported one on top of that, wheel on the left side

Left-hand drive you say?!?!?!?!?

OMG quick get Warpy on the case.... somewhere, on some track, there are 2 seconds/lap to be had with that Hyundai Accent.

RHD BMWs run for cover!

WarpSpeed where did you get your ticket? Coming inbound?

If inbound means heading towards Bangkok then yes.. But I have no idea where they actually clocked me as I was pulled over leaving the toll both by an officer on foot like may others. I'm pretty sure they used the overhead CCTV to clock me so it's a crap shoot as to whether or not they are running a sting on a given day... If they use the overhead CCTV which they have on all Xways they can just put down stripes or some other obscure fixed marker at a given distance and then time you between those markers to tell if you're speeding. X legal speed should take X length of time from point A to point B anything over is speeding and of course can be determined mathematically how fast which is very often done by the software and not humans so much quicker and accurate. There's no way to tell they are doing it and no way to defend against it either..

Old post I know.

But the answer is:

Look for a dark amorphous lump with a motorbike parked next to it. Usually but not always partially hidden behind the angle of the concrete barrier where there is an exit. Difficult to see, I know, at 140kph. Under the amorphous tarpaulin will be a small guy with radar and a walkie-talkie.

Last Friday he was on Ramintra expressway south bound at Petkasem exit. I assume that if you make it to the next toll booth.....

Chang Wattana is popular because there are large stretches between toll booths, so nowhere to turn off if you see him. Usually oncoming motorists will flash headlights.

Edited by VocalNeal

I have to say I admire the folks who drive real exotica on Thai roads. Not because of the vehicles they drive. Due to the fact that they can derive enjoyment from them without their <deleted> pinching every time they take them out. I was pissed off enough when a moron on a Honda Wave tried to go through a gap that wasn't there and put a nice scrape down the side of my Space Wagon. If I'd have been in 30 million baht-plus worth of Lambo I'm sure I couldn't have been responsible for my actions.

I have to say I admire the folks who drive real exotica on Thai roads. Not because of the vehicles they drive. Due to the fact that they can derive enjoyment from them without their <deleted> pinching every time they take them out. I was pissed off enough when a moron on a Honda Wave tried to go through a gap that wasn't there and put a nice scrape down the side of my Space Wagon. If I'd have been in 30 million baht-plus worth of Lambo I'm sure I couldn't have been responsible for my actions.

most exotic I have had here was a 1.800cc Vtwin cruiser bike. couldnt park it without having fingerprints and icecream all over it. outside nightclubs I payed the guards to make sure no one would touch it

The person I've heard lost it the most over an "admired" vehicle was a friend of mine who owned a petrol station back home. He'd just bought a brand spanking new (in those days) CBR 1000 and parked it next to his forecourt. A customer who considered himself a biker without my friend's permission decided to sit astride it while my friend was in his office. He then lost balance and it fell over. 250 miles on the clock. Scratched all down the side and a nicely dented pipe. One of my friend's staff said he'd never seen anybody so apoplectic with rage as my pal.

Edited by mca

If I could afford a 0-100kmh/3,7 seconds new car, I would consider dropping the danger of big biking

but Ninja650R is unbeatable speed for money

and owning an exclusive bike is just as much worries as owning an exclusive car, and thats partly what this thread is about,

back to cars, ok warpy :D

Edited by katabeachbum

Suddenly the motoring forum has become the bike forum :whistling:<_< ...

maybe, but atleast a bike is quick, either left steer or right.

Continuing to demonstrate what a complete moron you are? I would have thought you'd worn out such an ignorant point of view by now but I guess some just never get a clue...

Suddenly the motoring forum has become the bike forum :whistling:<_< ...

maybe, but atleast a bike is quick, either left steer or right.

Continuing to demonstrate what a complete moron you are? I would have thought you'd worn out such an ignorant point of view by now but I guess some just never get a clue...

Sorry bro, its you that is the ignorant idiot with your statement bout LHD cars...................

• 1 year later...
Best of luck with the electrics. crazy.gif

i am well aware of that problem which is not unique to BMW. but whatever, this car will be used only once or twice a week on weekends for an hour or two to show my dogs the surroundings of Pattaya, i.e. the time monday till friday is available to tackle any electric problems. smile.gif

let's see whether Transam approves of my latest craze which has minimal electrics and electronics ermm.gif there are still a few small things to be rectified till i can pick it up on tuesday.

post-35218-0-65310200-1336870535_thumb.j

let's see whether Transam approves of my latest craze which has minimal electrics and electronics ermm.gif there are still a few small things to be rectified till i can pick it up on tuesday.

Its a real beauty you have there, timeless classic. Is it a 12 or 6 Cyl?

Its a real beauty you have there, timeless classic. Is it a 12 or 6 Cyl?

4.2 liters, six in a row with three 2 inch SU carburettors. no way that i'd buy an E-Type with 12 cylinders (my BMW has 12). when the "E" was presented in 1961 i was still a schoolboy and the night after i saw its picture i could not sleep.