Thai FDA speeds up Cannabis Act enactment, cannabis “sandboxes” proposed for recreational use

webfact

From the sublime to the ridiculous.. this is how the Thai government operate, it's either no bars, no drinks no fun, PCR tests every 5 min. sandboxes and quarantine to free for all, willy nilly, grow your own grass and pot.. expect pot heads to come in from all over the world in their droves...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

That’s a step in the right direction if they implement certain areas for smokers and not just cultivating low THC tat. I’m neither a smoker nor a pothead but having a choice would be cool. 

It'll be a complete disaster... 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

From the sublime to the ridiculous.. this is how the Thai government operate, it's either no bars, no drinks no fun, PCR tests every 5 min. sandboxes and quarantine to free for all, willy nilly, grow your own grass and pot.. expect pot heads to come in from all over the world in their droves...

So they've dropped the quality tourists now and chosen to go with dope-head sandbox areas....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

That’s a step in the right direction

What step is that?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

FDA Secretary-General Dr. Paisan Dankhum revealed today, January 24th, that there are 10 sections, 52 articles in the draft.

• Haha 1

Just now, robblok said:

Im not sure but have you even considered that alcohol not pot is mostly there when there is voilence and the deaths you see from alcohol are plentiful (liver damage and the likes) while pot has never killed anyone from an overdose.

I think it is a bit chicken and egg.... there are so many alcohol related problems, purely because it is so readily available, even commonplace and forced upon people. Addiction is not addressed. The part alcohol played in life for me, so many years ago in the UK, and then I took that 'culture' with me elsewhere, well it was major. 

My point is not to carp on  about alcohol here, treat that as a separate issue and problem, but to cite it as a way  and argument to make other mind affecting drugs available, is not a valid argument. 

Fortunately I am all grown up now, and am not tempted to pop any pill someone say isn't as bad as alcohol, and I never want to get back into the stupidity of smoking anything again. But, if this stuff has medicinal benefits, and can bring relief to clinical problems, I want it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Eh violent alcoholics sitting in bars full of girls are quality tourists ?

Violent... to be honest I always felt it was surprisingly scarce here, considering the boozy environment. What has the presence of girls to do with that? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Ha.  Another Sandbox scheme pot lovers praying this one actually works.

It won't work, obviously.

Tourist partakes in sandbox, walks outside of sandbox, police drug test and shakedown. Thong Lor police salivating.

Someone's idiot nephew thought it would be cool to mention a sandbox. Usually littered with dog and cat feces. (Yes, we all know about software/app sandboxes.)

You can't have the law of the land suspended based on geographic location? (Unless you grant yourselves emergency powers of course.)

One wonders if there will be a prostitution sandbox, I mean other than the entire country.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Now I won't be touching pot as it screws up my diet (know from experience) but if i had to choose from the two drugs then it would be most definitely be pot as its far milder on the body and can actually help with some problems. Now if someone is a heavy pot user it would be bad but not as bad as people who use alcohol a lot. 

Why choose between the 2? They actually compliment each other quite well (in moderation of course).

This is great news if it happens, I'll definitely have a small allotment on the farm for some.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, robblok said:

The girls nothing but your really denying the facts. But that is what alcohol users do. They downplay their favorite drug while looking down on other drugs. 

Alcohol plays a large role in criminal activities and violence. Excessive drinking has the ability to lower inhibitions, impair a person’s judgement and increase the risk of aggressive behaviors. Because of this, alcohol-related violence and crime rates are on the rise throughout the country.

https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/alcohol/crimes/#:~:text=Alcohol plays a large role,the rise throughout the country.

Here in Thailand the alcohol problem is probably whiskey and lao khao induced for the Thais anyway, not so many problems with just beer. I'm sure you don't mean to throw all those who have a beer, a glass of wine or a few drinks into the same alcoholic abuser category but you do. Much the same as those who consider a pot smoker as a "druggie" which is an old person's term.

A little pot compliments a beer buzz and the only victims are M&M's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

FDA now recognized cannabis and hemp as medicinal plants and economic crops,

Do they mean Marijuana and Hemp ? I don't think so. Cannabis is Hemp ????

and then they go on and say this

5 hours ago, webfact said:

For example, marijuana must be prohibited for people under 20 years of age,

Whoever writes these reports needs to make it clear what they are talking about.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, robblok said:

The girls nothing but your really denying the facts. But that is what alcohol users do. They downplay their favorite drug while looking down on other drugs.

Yeah, I got cannabis mad friends who do that too.... they used to drink, but now use weed, even grow it. I think they are motivated by how it is far cheaper than the beer they used to drink so much of. So yes, legalize it, and get some real taxes coming in from it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Eh violent alcoholics sitting in bars full of girls are quality tourists ?

you keep trying to push your alcoholic nonsense when it's perfectly legal ....  whereas drugs are not and society in general frowns upon pushers, addicts and users & rightly so.  The story is about a drug,  nothing to do with alcohol.

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1