Transferwise

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Exactly the same criteria as yesterday. UK Bank to Bangkok Bank, Funds for long-term stay in Thailand. 20 minutes earlier and higher value amount.

Is that enough information?

RAZZ

Yes so the usual 2pm settlement is expected, unless they have Ukraine issues it seems

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I didn't even know it was possible to send money to someone else with Wise. I thought only possible to send to one's self.

Ì regularly send Money to my wife's Bank account and also to the daughters account via Wise.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

I just got a message from Wise.

Bizarrely, the one sent yesterday which stated it would arrive on Thursday - is now arriving today ????‍♂️

RAZZ

Money I send Monday and which an email said it was due to arrive on the 24th, arrived today at 2pm!

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, cliveshep said:

I can confirm that when transferring a small amount today (3 seconds) there was a line stating there is a maximum of 200,000 baht daily transfer. I think it is nothing to do with Wise but is something Prayut's mates dreamed up.

I've just tried to initiate a repeat transfer of one of those which yielded around 220k to my Bangkok Bank account, but wasn't presented with any message informing me of a 200k daily limit now like you and @auntyedna were. I did, however, stop after (re-)entering the purpose of my transfer and before being invited to confirm and continue.

If there were any mileage in such a daily limit, though, I doubt whether it would have been something which Prayut and his henchmen would have instigated themselves off their own bat. Far more likely, I would have thought, that they would have simply caved in to pressure from Thai banks - who, if I understand the position correctly, make nothing out of Wise transfers themselves.

Did my first WISE transfer last October to Krungsri Bank from the USA, $200USD and it went thru in 5 minutes.

In January I transferred $30,000USD and there was a delay. WISE needed to see my passport, a selfie photo with me and the passport and proof of my Thai address (envelope addressed to me like electric bill etc).

The transfer took around 5 days.

Now it seems there is a limit of 50,000Bt if its going to my Krungsri Bank.

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

Now it seems there is a limit of 50,000Bt if its going to my Krungsri Bank.

Just open a SCB, BBL or KSK account and you can send more.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers

Please note that you’ll only be able to send 50,000 THB or above per transfer to the following banks starting from 7 January 2022 due to regulatory changes:

• Bangkok Bank Public Company

• Kasikorn Bank

• Siam Commercial Bank

You can still send money to recipient accounts that use other banks, but you’ll only be allowed to send them up to 49,999 THB per transfer. There’s no limit on how many transfers you can create.

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

Just open a SCB, BBL or KSK account and you can send more.

In particular, interesting to note from this link that the maximum which can be sent to any of these 3 banks is still stated as being 2 million THB per transfer, with no mention of a 200k THB daily limit!

Just about to transfer my 50 baht pension (kidding, it only seems like that) and this message popped up on Wise.

"Due to regulatory changes in Thailand, transfers of 50,000 THB and above will only be available for Kasikorn Bank, Bangkok Bank, and Siam Commercial Bank recipients. Effective on 7 January 2022, 1PM Bangkok time. Transfers under 50,000 THB remain unaffected for all supported recipient banks."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Just about to transfer my 50 baht pension (kidding, it only seems like that) and this message popped up on Wise.

"Due to regulatory changes in Thailand, transfers of 50,000 THB and above will only be available for Kasikorn Bank, Bangkok Bank, and Siam Commercial Bank recipients. Effective on 7 January 2022, 1PM Bangkok time. Transfers under 50,000 THB remain unaffected for all supported recipient banks."

Yes and your question is?

There are already many threads about this

Read more here:

On 2/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, cliveshep said:

So how was the "line" referred to in your previous posting below actually worded, then?

On 2/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, cliveshep said:

I can confirm that when transferring a small amount today (3 seconds) there was a line stating there is a maximum of 200,000 baht daily transfer.

Since I was not presented with a similar line when initiating a trial repeat of a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account which was well in excess of 200k THB, I'm now beginning to wonder seriously whether this "limit" might actually be a pure figment of your and @auntyedna's imaginations!

12 hours ago, OJAS said:

So how was the "line" referred to in your previous posting below actually worded, then?

Since I was not presented with a similar line when initiating a trial repeat of a transfer to my Bangkok Bank account which was well in excess of 200k THB, I'm now beginning to wonder seriously whether this "limit" might actually be a pure figment of your and @auntyedna's imaginations!

The transfer limit is 2,000,000 THB per transaction.  Multiple transactions can be made daily.

37 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I just transferred 1000 THB to my wife's daughter KSK account via WISE and it's due to arrive tomorrow!

Wow Wise.

That seems to be an insurance company so doubt very much that they are open on Sunday.   Not sure if you actually have a baht account that you sent that 1k from or you sending from another currency/country.  

KSK Insurance (Thailand) Public Company Limited

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That seems to be an insurance company so doubt very much that they are open on Sunday.   Not sure if you actually have a baht account that you sent that 1k from or you sending from another currency/country.  

It's Kasikorn Bank!  ????

I have sent from my THB account at Wise and usually it's totally instant especially those low amounts.  But not now!

(Do it regularly as my wife orders medicine from Pharmacy in BKK which is xx times cheaper then the local pharmacies! Daughter buys it and ships it with Kerry to us)

33 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Problems today with Wise to KBank.  I keep getting the message "Your money's taking longer to pay out". There doesn't seem to be any way to query the transfer with them. 

Have had that happen many times over the years but normally only a few hours or couple days at most.  As I fund by ACH suspected it was a delay receiving funds but guess could also be low funds in payment account here in Thailand also - especially at end of month payday time.  Add the current war and partial freezing of SWIFT transfers suspect banking community it up to their necks in paperwork.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Have had that happen many times over the years but normally only a few hours or couple days at most.  As I fund by ACH suspected it was a delay receiving funds but guess could also be low funds in payment account here in Thailand also - especially at end of month payday time.  Add the current war and partial freezing of SWIFT transfers suspect banking community it up to their necks in paperwork.  

Thanks, lopburi. I've just checked again and they say the money has been sent.  It was just a bit worrying as all my other transfers were there in minutes. I'll try to avoid month end in future. 

47 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Problems today with Wise to KBank.  I keep getting the message "Your money's taking longer to pay out". There doesn't seem to be any way to query the transfer with them. 

I have the same with my transfer to SCB!! Send it early morning, still not arrived!

Ps: Send from my Thai Balance at Wise!

Edited by MJCM

6 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Thanks, lopburi. I've just checked again and they say the money has been sent.  It was just a bit worrying as all my other transfers were there in minutes. I'll try to avoid month end in future. 

This is a new topic today - seems many have the slow issue.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1251776-wisetransferwise-slow-at-the-end-of-the-month/

• Thanks 1

I earlier referred to a line I'd seen restricting payment transfers to not exceed 200,000 baht a day. That was totally wrong and I apologise.  The restriction is actually 50,000 and refers to smaller banks but excluding Kasikorn, Bangkok and Siam Commercial where it's business as usual.

Apologies for that erroneous statement. Can't find where I read it anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:23 AM, RAZZELL said:

Exactly the same criteria as yesterday. UK Bank to Bangkok Bank, Funds for long-term stay in Thailand. 20 minutes earlier and higher value amount.

Is that enough information?

RAZZ

I don't post any financial information on an open website where anybody can read it.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:09 PM, ozfarang said:

Made a transfer from my Australian bank account at 2045 Thai time this evening(24/02/2022) and money was in my Kasikorn account in less than a minute, as always.

It seems to depend what bank you send from and what bank you send too.

Also, what reason for sending. "Funds for long term stay" seems to take longer.

RAZZ

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I just got 40k baht sent from my Scots bank in under 5 minutes. Not bad. 

I'm not sure that you timed it right, can you send 40k to my account this time, and PM me as you send it so that we can double-check the processing time?  I'll be glad to reciprocate by posting my third-party corroboration here right afterward......  ????

• Haha 1