Thailand To Export Halal Food to Saudi Arabia

snoop1130

29a8a439af2c59674284664f158dddae_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Commerce is going to roll out export plans for chicken and halal food for the Saudi Arabia market after the Middle Eastern state last week restored full diplomatic relations with Thailand.

Phusit Ratanakul Sereroengrit, director-general of the International Trade Promotion Department, said the department and the International Trade Promotion Office in Jeddah will bring trade delegations and executives of both Saudi Arabia and Thailand together this year to seek potential export expansion and promote sales of Thai products in Saudi supermarkets.

Meanwhile, the department also plans to invite Thai entrepreneurs to participate in trade exhibitions in Saudi Arabia such as the Saudi Food Expo.

Mr. Phusit said the department also aims to strengthen the demand for Thai food products, halal food, industrial products, and beauty goods by promoting via online channels.

According to the International Trade Promotion Department, Saudi Arabia has set "Saudi Vision 2030" a strategic framework to reduce the country’s dependence on oil, diversify its economy and develop public service sectors such as health, education, infrastructure, recreation, and tourism.

With such an opportunity, Mr. Phusit said the department will keep enhancing Thai exporters’ capabilities and provide in-depth information about the overall Middle East market in order to pursue higher trade.

In 2021, trade between Thailand and Saudi Arabia tallied US$7.30 billion, up 31.8% from $5.53 billion the year before. Of the total, exports from Thailand accounted for $1.63 billion and imports made up $5.66 billion.

Export goods from Thailand range from automobile and parts, wood and wooden products, air conditioners and parts, rubber products, to canned and processed seafood.

The imports were mainly crude oil, chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, finished oil, and metallic minerals.

Chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Sanan Angubolkul recently predicted exports to Saudi Arabia will grow to 2.2% of the total export value, up from 0.6% of total exports of $1.5 million last year.

With the country’s reopening and appropriate marketing campaigns, Mr. Sanan also expects about 150,000 Saudi Arabian visitors a year, generating an income of 9 billion baht.

In 2019, Thailand saw 700,000 arrivals from the Middle East, but only 36,000 were from Saudi Arabia.

In addition, Saudi Arabia used to be the largest market for Thai workers in the Middle East. Between 1970 and 1980, there were an estimated 200,000 Thai workers, both legal and illegal, working in Saudi Arabia with an estimated 9 billion baht worth of income sent back to Thailand.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Disgusting news as in involves terrorizing animals then slitting their throats while conscious and thinking that's acceptable as some 7th cent prayer has been mumbled over them

more a 21st century thing now

I wonder if there was a pain-free way of carrying out the same process, but I guess that would defeat the whole object...

4 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Beauty goods are for goats.

hSPo=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&PC=EMMX01

Reminds me of when I was there, had to leave as all the young good looking ones started to out run me..............

Also, do you know why they wear thobes in the middle east...........because the goats can hear a zipper.

• Haha 1

Middle East tourists whilst not popular  with white western farang, as evidenced by the cascade of anti Arab prejudice in this thread are important  tourists the Thais. White farang enjoy the idea that they are popular and that Arabs are not welcomed, especially  by the girls but this is far from the truth.

37 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Middle East tourists whilst not popular  with white western farang, as evidenced by the cascade of anti Arab prejudice in this thread are important  tourists the Thais. White farang enjoy the idea that they are popular and that Arabs are not welcomed, especially  by the girls but this is far from the truth.

In my 32 year experience it is the truth. Most Thai working girls all hate Arab men, or Kek, as they are derogatorily referred to. 

If you look on Thai dating sites many of the girls say 'no Arab' on their profiles.

Not saying I agree with it, but let's not pretend it's other than it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

That's what the girls tell you along  with 'no like Thai man' lol

Of course I know all about  the myth of Thai girls not liking Arabs but in fact young Arab men are considered  more handsome, nicer complexion, more charm, nicer, sharper features, better manners,better dancers, cleaner than farang  and often less drunk and smell better. Basically  Thai  girls find Arab men more elegant and more fun. Thai girls and Arab  men dance naturally  together.   But there is a conceit amongst the pot bellied, beer breathed pale faces that the girls prefer farang. lol. Its a fantasy. I noticed this 17 years ago in Bahrain and it holds true here too. Believe what you wish but don't be surprised when you  see the Arab lads getting all the attention  in the future. We are like white gorillas  to Thai  girls. The bottom of the  barrel when they can't  get an Asian man.

Nice put down.

You never mentioned money !!!!!!!!!! 

Do you have an Arab boyfriend as well.

or are you just a hater. LOL. 

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

That's what the girls tell you along  with 'no like Thai man' lol

Of course I know all about  the myth of Thai girls not liking Arabs but in fact young Arab men are considered  more handsome, white teeth, nicer complexion, more charm, nicer, sharper features, better manners,better dancers, cleaner than farang  and often less drunk and smell better. Basically  Thai  girls find Arab men more elegant and more fun. Thai girls and Arab  men dance naturally  together.   But there is a conceit amongst the pot bellied, beer breathed pale faces that the girls prefer farang. lol. Its a fantasy. I noticed this 17 years ago in Bahrain and it holds true here too. Believe what you wish but don't be surprised when you  see the Arab lads getting all the attention  in the future. We are like white gorillas  to Thai  girls. The bottom of the  barrel when they can't  get an Asian man.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Halal food,

Food preparation from the stone age.

If you eat chicken in Thailand then it's probably mainstream Halal, i.e. electrically stunned before slaughter. In fact a lot of value added chicken i.e breaded sold in the UK is Halal..

6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Disgraceful, whether halal or not, selling chicken and other meat products to Saudi Arabia, whilst there is a massive shortage here in Thailand. 

Message to Mr Prayut.................Take care of your own people first!

Are there food shortages? I'm not aware of any. There's defintely price inflation, particuarly on pork but that's another story.