Prohibitory pricing of 'new test & go' starting February

3 minutes ago, stigar said:

This country is crazy.Everything is about money from foreigners who is so stupid their going there at this time.People can many other countries where even PCR-test is free at arrival.Force people to this stupid rules is directly greedy.

Which country provides free PCR-test for non-citizens?

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

It does seem that way.

I understand the day-1 test ( so two tests within 3-4 days )

Day 5(so maybe 8 days after your first test) I think is ridiculous after you've been walking around for 4 days.

We own several apartments within a couple of mins of the Suk' Soi 11 hotel where we're planning on staying - so I literally have to leave my balcony and go a couple of mins to check into a hotel for a day-5 test - enforced stay I don't know.

BTW - my wife is a doctor and she thinks it's madness.

My wife wanted to go straight to Ubon after day-1, but she can't as no SHA++ hotels. Basically screws up plans.

For tourists who want to explore, it's just another stopper.

That's the problem when people are appointed ministers in certain ministries which they are not qualified just because they are voted in.

It doesn't just happen in Thailand but many countries in the world where politicians become 'health minister' even though they know zilch about it.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

United states of America, free PCR tests and vaccine who wants one and you are welcome!

Girlfriend and son received two each free PCR tests last May prior to departing for Bangkok. Girlfriend also received vaccination free of charge. She returned back to the USA last week and received her booster shot yesterday free of charge. 

May be many problems with the country but on the other hand you sure do receive a lot for free. Even if you are a non-citizen. That's a whole other discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

And it is ok if you have a family of four or 5?

I would suggest they don't come and that go's for anyone who's complaining about the new policies.

Whilst the rules are stupidly crazy and flip week to week, it's their country and we have to abide by their bureaucractic decisions. The less people who come means that someone, at some point will see sense and relax the rules and make it easier for tourists to visit though IMHO that's not very likely...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I would suggest they don't come and that go's for anyone who's complaining about the new policies.

Whilst the rules are stupidly crazy and flip week to week, it's their country and we have to abide by their bureaucractic decisions. The less people who come means that someone, at some point will see sense and relax the rules and make it easier for tourists to visit though IMHO that's not very likely...

I just wish I could find a current set of rules.  I'm now free and ready to book.  But I just got over covid and might test positive for several more weeks.  I hear there is a way a doctor can sign you off as having had it and are now clear but I can not find an OFFICIAL Thai form for this and don't trust just a letter from my doctor to get me past a positive test on arrival.  Thais respect THEIR forms and only their forms.  Maybe I haven't looked hard enough on the thai visa site.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

J Hotel in Pattaya is 9800 baht for collection at Suvarnabhumi, tests on day 1 and 5 and room on day 1 and 5, that's ok if you ask me.

I can only find 1 night test & go for 5500, that does not include airport transfer.

https://thaiest.com/blog/test-and-go-hotels-pattaya-chonburi

Which portal can you find 9800?

8 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Amber Sukhumvit 85 is 7,600 for Days 1 & 5, and 10,900 for 5 days, so they are charging 1,100/n for the extra nights.

I am struggling to find hotels offering days 1 & 5 in one booking.

I can only find one day bookings and cheapest is 5k, and for a reasonably ok hotel, thats closer to 10k a night.

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

Even if one accepts the price for first night, as that includes airport transfer etc, I struggle to find justification for 5th day test & go @ 5k and climbing to 15k for acceptable hotels.

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

pound sand?

A common idiom where and when I grew up.  It means to go away and do something useless.  The person saying it often means that they don't care what the other party does it doesn't effect them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

I see packages in Bangkok for 5 nights all included in the range 10-15000 baht in very decent looking hotels.

Do they qualify for test & go?

I can only find 5k+ for very basic hotels and twice that for decent ones. 

it appears day 1 & day 5 has to be booked seperatly?

43 minutes ago, The Old Bull said:

I did the week at the Elegant Hotel Bangkok. Room was good, staff were very good ,food not bad and two PCR tests for a total of ฿17500. No complaints.

Great to hear you had a good experience.

Test & go 2.0 requires, 2 nights ( test & go on day 1 & day 5) priced almost at par with what you paid for a full week.

Hence my argument that the pricing is prohibitive.

• Like 2

Theoretically could you book only first night/test "because you're only in Thailand 4 days briefly visiting friends" (and get a ticket showing departure after 4 days, albeit a ticket that can be changed) ... although, of course, your plans then changed because you were having so much fun and you decided to stay longer.

I bet there's no way of booking a Day 5 package after arrival. I also doubt there'd be any way that you'd be picked up on this when leaving a month later.

Not advising this - just curious if it would work because I see the good folk at CCSA have said that people visiting for less than 5 nights don't need to book Night 5 etc ...

Personally I think this Day 5 requirement is farcical, but what do I know.

• Like 2

Green Park Resort Pattaya starts from 7.750 THB for 2 night T&G.

I used the hotel in Nov.2021 and can recommend it. The rooms have a balcony (an absolute must imo) and are clean. I did not eat there, but what I saw was not very inviting. The room service works, staff is friendly and I was free to go on day of arrival.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

13 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

And the Test & Go button on Thai Pass is active again. Let's see how many 'Tourists' are willing to pay for 2 nights quarantine under this "Quarantine free" scheme 

5th day lockup is a joke

I'm scared to even try in the first 48 hours! I'm waiting on some hopefully good reports. I'm really curious if turnaround times are going to be one day to two plus weeks like T&G 1. That was ridiculous.