Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

Scott

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No, it's a sample size of 21 who died. Most of the people of Thailand have never had coronavirus.

That's not what sample size means. Anyway, why not comment on these bigger numbers which destroy your argument:

https://data.cdc.gov/Public-Health-Surveillance/Rates-of-COVID-19-Cases-or-Deaths-by-Age-Group-and/d6p8-wqjm

In summary let's look at the first and last week available:

In first week of September 2021 (7793 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 11 (0.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 1437 (18.4%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 6,345 (81.4%)

In first week of December 2021 (2912 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 61 (2.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 621 (21.3%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 2,230 (76.6%)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Luckily, every POTUS has always a predecessor to be blamed for... 

Except the last who inherited a country doing extremely well. The current one wasn't so lucky.

P.S. I'm no fan of any of the recent presidents.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marcardar said:

That's not what sample size means. Anyway, why not comment on these bigger numbers which destroy your argument:

The original post says this

The analysis was released in May of 2021 and looks at COVID-19 related deaths in vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals—only .8% (150) of vaccinated people accounted for the 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May.

It does not mention the whole population of the US. The sample size was 18,000. In your link the sample size was 21.

Sample size refers to the number of participants or observations included in a study.

https://www.iwh.on.ca/what-researchers-mean-by/sample-size-and-power

Got a link to prove that's wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Got a link to prove that's wrong?

Why do you continue to avoid this data that proves your 99% unvaccinated constant to be nonsense:

https://data.cdc.gov/Public-Health-Surveillance/Rates-of-COVID-19-Cases-or-Deaths-by-Age-Group-and/d6p8-wqjm

In summary let's look at the first and last week available:

In first week of September 2021 (7793 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 11 (0.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 1437 (18.4%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 6,345 (81.4%)

In first week of December 2021 (2912 deaths):

Fully vaccinated with booster deaths: 61 (2.1%)

Fully vaccinated deaths: 621 (21.3%)

Unvaccinated deaths: 2,230 (76.6%)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Get vaccinated

AND avoid going to America unless you want to increase your odds of dying from covid. One of the wealthiest and most modern, advanced nations on the planet also claims more lives to covid than any other country.

• Like 2

The Director of the CDC, Rochelle Walensky, was on television today.  In the brief clip, she said that 97% of the deaths are from unvaccinated people. 

I haven't found a link to her comments, but will keep an eye out for it.  

The gated community where I live had a relatively large outbreak of Covid in the past month.  It was most likely caused by the resumption of indoor activities at the local community center.   Most of the people are older and most are fully vaccinated and boosted, but a handful are holdouts.

None of those with breakthrough cases were hospitalized, but most said they wouldn't describe it as 'mild'.  Most were quite sick for 5 days and had an overall recovery time of about 7 days, 5 days in bed and then 2 days of being up and about, but still far from feeling well.  All of them have said they have lingering effects, mostly things like fatigue.  The women have fared much better than the men.  Interestingly, quite a few of the couples had one person infected, but not the other. 

One couple who are not vaccinated and both got sick.  They are in their early 60s and required medical attention, but not hospitalization.   Their recovery has been very long.  They were infected in early Dec.  and still are having trouble with fatigue and brain fog.   He can't walk all the way to the community mailboxes, about the same distance as a football field.   His wife is in her late 50's and he's late 60's.   He was treated with Ivermectin and the wife with hydroxychloroquine -- it was by prescription.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Per your link, it's a work in progress.  He's not out of office yet and has several years to deal with this.  Remember, he inherited a mess created by the previous administration.  And a pandemic made political.

Had you read the post I quoted, you'd know that I was responding to "I remember biden passing pandemic management to the governors a while back in December".

If he has, how is HE going to fix it?

I'd like to expand on that but might be regarded as political as regarding the midterm elections this year.

7 hours ago, chieftan said:

AND avoid going to America unless you want to increase your odds of dying from covid. One of the wealthiest and most modern, advanced nations on the planet also claims more lives to covid than any other country.

One always needs to remember that despite the US being a wealthy country, it has a vast population of poor people and a capitalist health system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Had you read the post I quoted, you'd know that I was responding to "I remember biden passing pandemic management to the governors a while back in December".

If he has, how is HE going to fix it?

I'd like to expand on that but might be regarded as political as regarding the midterm elections this year.

Because you are taking his words out of context. His point was that the Feds can’t do it alone, nor should they. Do you disagree?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sezze said:

Not to forget also , uneducated .As far as i heard , you can get vaccinated easy in US , even get paid for it in some places . So being poor or capitalist is not the reason , being uneducated is . Hospitals can only try to fix something which is already broken , if they were vaccinated , they would not be in that spot .

Actually, a lot of businesses do pay employees to get vaccinated.  I know someone who works for Amazon and was paid $60 for each of the two vaccines and $40 for getting the booster.  Not long ago, I heard of another large employer paying $100 for vaccination (I am not sure if that was per shot) and I know a lady who says when it hits $500, she's getting vaccinated!  

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Because of 70 million unvaccinated mostly idiots. 

Unfortunately yes, and being the most obese country on the planet may be the difference in addition to the US's epic failure in causing 18th highest covid death rate in the world. Throw in the government’s completely failed response to this pandemic and you are staring at a colossal failure. The rest of the world is running circles around everthing covid in America.

Lock downs are easing around the globe now, another area where US failed miserably. What a mess.

Lock down reports

"The use of lockdowns is a unique feature of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns have not been used to such a large extent during any of the pandemics of the past century. However, lockdowns during the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic have had devastating effects. They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy. These costs to society must be compared to the benefits of lockdowns, which our meta-analysis has shown are marginal at best. Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument."

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

Many countries, especially lower income, African nations and others have much lower vaccination rates than US and also much lower covid death rates.

And those 70M unvaxxed you alluded to, well you can add had another 100M or so now since 2 jabs ain't working (boosters are required for full vaccination now) and bidens booster program is struggling along with all their covid mitigation plans.

Moderna's omicron specific booster won't be available until sometime this summer, (first half of this year). Big HUGE problems for the US.

People don't trust the governments, medical profession, CDC, FDA, phizer, etc. Mistrust is huge issue there as well. People are afraid of big government, so much misinformation, lies and heavy handed attempts to impose vaccine mandates has spooked Americans.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00172-6/fulltext#seccestitle10

The unvvacinated are likely to stay that way now unless significant improvements are initiated in all ares discussed above.

The only thing you can do is moan and complain about it and attack the unvaxed and play the ridiculous blame game.

Edited by chieftan
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scott said:

The US is not the most obese country in the world.  Please don't post false information.  

True.  And the difference between the US and many other Western nations isn't that much.  They're all overweight.  It's a global problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

they can trust the virus to kill them.

And yes is it ever killing them, at a rate 28 times more than Africa, 18 times more than Asia and on and on and on it goes. That's some impressive achievement, even worse than Australia for covid failure. The bovine scatology has hit the oscillatory rotor head on and America is helpless to fix their problems! Disgusting to say the least.

7 day rolling death/million

Please update death rates by vaccination status for analysis if you have this information.

Edited by chieftan
  • Like 1